• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dealing with CT/ RT in FFT/ Tactics Ogre

I've played a couple strategy/ tactical games, mainly Fire Emblem. So playing FFT and Tactics Ogre, I don't really get these systems. I've looked up explanations of how they work, and I just don't understand how you can plan and incorporate them into each battle without needing to pull out a calculator, check the turn order, manually check each unit's move and attack range one at a time, et cetera. Is there something I'm missing (other than grinding your characters to invincibility and disregarding tactics entirely in FFT)? I feel like I'm entirely missing the strategy aspect and just have everyone bumble around until all of the enemies are dead.

I know it's different for each game, but these are biggest strategy RPG's using a by-character turn system instead of player turn/ enemy turn and I have no idea how either one works.

I think you're overthinking it. There's no need to go for a perfect battle. Outside one encounter, FFT isn't that once you start unlocking jobs (and that encounter is only rough because its unexpected). You don't really need to plan everything out. All you really need to know is when in the turn order delayed abilities will occur, which you can easily find out. Well for FFT at least. I don't have much experience with TO.

157288-Final_Fantasy_Tactics_-_The_War_of_the_Lions_(Europe)-3.jpg

Dunno about Tactics Ogre, but in FFT, you can see the turn order next to the level of the character. In the picture, it's 01/10. CT is just a mechanic that only really tied directly to a few moves.

Boney

Banned
There's no actual in battle strategy in the games. All you need is good team preparation and using good jobs and being well equipped.

Battles are either rush to the boss or slowly gang up on everyone.

Like, fights where you need to save NPC's in TO are so damn bad...

You don't play them like femblem at all.

Top Bottom