• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding figure offers a better look at Sam’s gear

Shin

Banned
While no more definitive information on Death Stranding has been released, Hideo Kojima took to Twitter to show off a prototype Death Stranding figure.
He noted that it is a figma of Sam Bridges, the game’s hero, who is working as a courier of some sort. Its details allow us a better look at Sam and the equipment he will be using. In a second tweet, he specifically called attention to the gear on Sam’s back.

The Death Stranding figma has Sam in his suit and greatly resembles Norman Reedus, who participated in the motion capture and provided the English voice acting for the character.
He has the same outfit and equipment as Sam did in his Tokyo Game Show 2018 concept art and trailer. He is carrying the suitcase parcel in his left hand, the detector arm is deployed on his left shoulder, and he has a number of similar containers strapped onto his back.

We also see that he carries a second pair of boots and has a gun strapped to the right side of his back. He also wears protective kneepads, though this prototype does not have him wearing the helmet that sometimes appears in some trailers.

Here are all of the prototype Death Stranding figma images Kojima shared. In one picture, a Kojima figurine can be seen in the background.

Credit: Siliconera [read/view images]

Last edited:

Verdanth

Look at the emojiis must be a hidden message

Some point in the story, in a day with a beautiful rainbow, Daryl will be attack by a giant enemy crab that will be eaten by an enormous tuna fish.

After that Kojima appears in-game and gives you a thumbs-up for watching the secret ending.

Last edited:

LostDonkey

1st Emoji set:

The rainy hand fools around. Immediately afterwards, the fishy animal gives cherry blossoms to the marine umbrella.

2nd Emoji set:

The affirmative and rainy animal breathes underwater. Immediately afterwards, the whale's umbrella does stuff.

😂 😂

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I got this:

Didn't that female character have some strange futuristic looking umbrella? Boom umbrella Emoji

Also, death i think is supposed to take place in a underwater scene...remember with the whale? Blockoww, Whale Emoji

Ya got me on the Crab Kojima...I'm not familiar with the brand of opium you're tokin'.

Rainbow? Is Sam...gay?

Thumbs up is just there to throw you off. He's simply showing his approval.

The cherry blossom...well it's Sakura season right now in Japan...so...yea boom Cherry Blossom Emoji.

Top Bottom