• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Spoiler Thread - 'Careful, the contents are fragile'

Psykodad

Banned
I was thinking that briefly until Deadman grabbed him in the ocean. Then I immediately figured those were the 5 extinction entities.
What if they are remnants of the previous 5 extinction entities?
And Sam is stuck in Limbo and they all guide him to the 6th EE.

Just thinking out loud now. Lol

Edit:

By "they" I mean Die-Hardman and Fragile etc.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
im a little confused. so i get that Sam is Cliff's BB, that the flashbacks we see aren't BB's, they are Sam's. that Sam died alongside Cliff when the UCA shot them both, and Amelie brought him back to life on the beach. so how did Sam get to be old, and have a wife, and a child of his own? when she puts him into the water, is she drowning him, or what is going on? how did he get old? i thought BB's were taken from their mother's wombs before birth.

the stomach thing i thought was a big twist, cos i thought that maybe Sam had BB in his belly or something, and it was removed, but i guess he was BB, and that wound is from the gunshot.

im a little confused. so i get that Sam is Cliff's BB, that the flashbacks we see aren't BB's, they are Sam's. that Sam died alongside Cliff when the UCA shot them both, and Amelie brought him back to life on the beach. so how did Sam get to be old, and have a wife, and a child of his own? when she puts him into the water, is she drowning him, or what is going on? how did he get old? i thought BB's were taken from their mother's wombs before birth.

the stomach thing i thought was a big twist, cos i thought that maybe Sam had BB in his belly or something, and it was removed, but i guess he was BB, and that wound is from the gunshot.

BB's only don't grow when within the pod. When she puts him in the water that's her passing him over back to the real world aka the living. And as shown in the flashbacks sam is taken out of his mom because of some complication and put in a pod to keep sam alive, then they realize he's special.

Sign

Bb's are born to brain deadish mothers as that is how they are connected to the world of the dead. Cliff shooting his wife destroyed her body severing Sam's connection to her. Amelie placed Sam into the Seam which allowed him to return to our world. He grew up like normal raised by Bridget.

Fake

Sam and Lou look at the rainbow in the end, so bring Lou back to life have the same consequence as Sam when Emili bring him to life? Even more BTs tham before?

Digity

Sam and Lou look at the rainbow in the end, so bring Lou back to life have the same consequence as Sam when Emili bring him to life? Even more BTs tham before?
At the end everything is back to normal, for how long though no one really knows.

Psykodad

Banned
Was there any point to the choice we were given by Amelie?

Shoot her to stop the Extinction, or hug her to embrace it?

Javthusiast

Banned
With the way it ended I would prefer no sequel, cause timefall stopped, bts probably too so it would just undermine everything. Have humanity live their thousands of years till the inevitable extinction and let Kojima make a new ip.

Or do a new story in the world, parallel to Sams story, maybe in other countries with more of a stealth/action gameplay or something totally new etc. like full on horror when bts appeared for the first time and it would be a more linear pt like game.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Or do a new story in the world, parallel to Sams story, maybe in other countries
i was reading one of the mails last night, pretty sure it said they have no idea what is going on in other countries due to the chiral atmospheric contamination. so that's a little hook i think he could work with.

Was there any point to the choice we were given by Amelie?

Shoot her to stop the Extinction, or hug her to embrace it?

No, I instantly unloaded my clip into the back of her head but the bullets evaporate lol

Also the rainbow at the end is a normal one so I feel its supposed to signify no BT's aka happy ending.

And a sequel outside of the US would be awesome, especially in japan where THIS GAME IS REAL! Look it up there are delivery people in japan that carry shit just like sam

K.N.W.

I was thinking deeply about the game, and I realized that it may contain some Pinocchio references.
The BB was always seen as a tool, not as a kid, (like Pinocchio was a just puppet to many), and in the end, after you face an enormous whale, he becomes a realchild. So Sam is Geppetto.

................................................ IMHO

Top Bottom