• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defiance |OT| If Borderlands was a B2P MMO with a SyFy TV-series half-sister

So, for some reason, I can't get my game to start (PC). I fire up the updater, it goes through it's ordeal and hitting Play does nothing. It sits and spins for about 20 seconds then just dies off.

I've tried re-installing on Steam, changing Windows permissions (I'm on Win7/64bit) and compatibility modes, and removing files to get the patcher to re-download and I've yet to find a way to get it to start. Anyone else see a problem like this and know of a fix?

I'm going to contact support today but, I was just curious if anyone else already has been through this.

Well, I found a fix...sort of. YMMV

daevv

After awhile away I logged on this afternoon. After updating the game and downloading the DLC (PS3) I got not 1 but 2 legendary weapons in a tier 4 lockbox. :)

I have yet to get a legendary from a tier 4. I have gotten 2 from different tier 3s. I'm going to try one more tier 4 and if I roll another 4 useless greens I'll never do it again...

I'm playing on the PS3, and wanted to know the best method of leveling up. My EGO Rating is 368 and atm I'm mainly trying to raise the reputation for each factions. Every now and then I'm either playing co-op, shooting in the arkfalls, or doing main missions (currently just started Act 3).

So, basically I'm just doing what ever, but now I want to focus on raising my EGO Rating. What are some good methods or tips?

Make sure the weapons you use are always contributing towards the class-related perks.
For an example, I'm focusing right now on getting all the 10k kills with my bolt sniper (I think it's that one at least), and the once that's done I'll switch over to the non-bolt type sniper in order to level it up to 10.

Make sure the weapons you use are always contributing towards the class-related perks.
For an example, I'm focusing right now on getting all the 10k kills with my bolt sniper (I think it's that one at least), and the once that's done I'll switch over to the non-bolt type sniper in order to level it up to 10.

Will do, thanks!

Joe Molotov

Anyone still play this? lol

The last time I tried to log in, I saw this. I haven't been back.

KsYZdxr.png

BizzyBum

LOL!

I stopped playing awhile back before the first DLC hit but I recently logged on again.

It's still pretty much the same. The DLC sucks. It's 5 similar Arena's you complete solo and you get a charge blade and mask at the end. You can then grind them over and over to buy some loot from the Thorn Liro vendor. The charge blades, while cool, don't have any leveling meter so you don't gain EGO from using them so I don't see the point. Kinda ridiculous something so bare bones took that long to come out. It must show how small their development team is after the layoffs. The next DLC isn't until December and they haven't released any details yet.

Another thing that's insane is the game world is still the same size. It was way too small for launch, nevermind almost a year after launch.

Top Bottom