• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Define your dream game in 7 words or less

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Undermine the enemy before your army arrives.

My dream game is one where you are a scout sent to undermine an enemy kingdom in the two days before your army shows up to invade the kingdom. It would play out in real time. You could poison their food and water supply, sabotage their defenses and supply lines, or assassinate their generals or their king. I see it mostly playing as a stealth game where you'd need to either remain unseen, or kill enemies to take their uniforms and blend in. My friend and I have been talking about this game for more than ten years now. It's my dream sandbox game. It would be completely open ended. No collectibles, or gamey stuff. You'd just have the mission directive of softening up this enemy army and their defenses, and at the end of two days, your forces will arrive and you can join in the fight. 'Winning' will be determined by whether or not the invasion is a success.

That's a lot more than seven words.:p

Undermine the enemy before your army arrives.

My dream game is one where you are a scout sent to undermine an enemy kingdom in the two days before your army shows up to invade the kingdom. It would play out in real time. You could poison their food and water supply, sabotage their defenses and supply lines, or assassinate their generals or their king. I see it mostly playing as a stealth game where you'd need to either remain unseen, or kill enemies to take their uniforms and blend in. My friend and I have been talking about this game for more than ten years now. It's my dream sandbox game. It would be completely open ended. No collectibles, or gamey stuff. You'd just have the mission directive of softening up this enemy army and their defenses, and at the end of two days, your forces will arrive and you can join in the fight. 'Winning' will be determined by whether or not the invasion is a success.

That's a lot more than seven words.:p

Sounds great, I'd definitely buy something like that.

Xiraiya

I can't use only 7 words for this.

My dream game is just an open world RPG where I can go anywhere and do anything, a world completely fleshed out, like Morrowind or Skyrim, but deeper. It would need a smooth and weighty feel to it, so the gameplay would need to take alot of ques from Dark Souls but also MGSV, there is a certain polish and satisfaction to the way those games play that even regular nothing enemies are fun to fight for a long time.

The story of this world is a different matter, I'd just want to get the mechanics and setting worked out first.

Peléo

Soccer game with Platinum gameplay.

I really wish they had more tight controls and arcadey features. Hate the simulation approach.

Finalizer

Planetside meets Mechwarrior plus Titanfall plus Tribes

MMOFPS with vehicles, aircraft, mechs, the works. Infantry combat is defined by speed & maneuverability rather than cover & ADS mechanics; infantry survivability is then based on the player's ability to avoid taking damage from the big scary vehicles, instead of hiding in a building or behind cover and hoping that he isn't served a high-explosive shell for lunch. Mechs differentiate themselves from tanks through jump jets & thrusters - large focus on maneuverability & quick movement within a small area compared to more heavily armored tanks.

Fou-Lu

JRPG with quirky touching story and twists.

Seven words doesn't get you much without franchise names. Plus you can't even really say Japanese Roleplaying Game without using up three words so....

Touching, quirky, twisty, fun, Japanese Roleplaying Game

DrPirate

Banned
Metal Gear Solid Five The Phantom Pain

The 40 minute gameplay demo of spoilerage cemented it. It's the last game I'll ever need.

Ploid 3.0

A game that's built around Final Fantasy 11's Beastmaster, and Puppet master class, heck a game with FF11's classes but not screwed up like FF14's versions of some of it's classes, in a big world and full of huge things to fight and small scale multiplayer.

*RPG
*Big World
*Multiplayer (not MMORPG)
*No subscription!
*Final Fantasy Classes as in how they work.
*Lots of loot that are more sidegrades rather than becoming worthless everytime you get the next item.

*Lots of enemies for the Beastmaster to charm, and awesome jug pets if he don't want to charm.

Top Bottom