• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Taco celebrates 50 year anniversary by bringing back the Bun Taco

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Del Taco Brings Back Bun Taco to Celebrate 50 Years

Del Taco is celebrating their 50th anniversary by bringing back a trio of old menu items as the limited-time Throwback Classics Menu.

Among the returning items is the Bun Taco, a hybrid of a taco and burger similar to Taco Bell's discontinued Bell Beefer. The other two items are the Small Taco Salad and Orange Shake.

The Bun Taco features seasoned ground beef, hand-grated cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, and a slice of tomato on a sesame seed bun.

The Small Taco Salad comes with seasoned ground beef, hand-grated cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, and Del Taco's secret sauce, on a bed of lettuce and tortilla chips.

The Orange Shake is a creamy orange and vanilla milkshake topped with whipped cream.

Fans of the Bun Taco will be happy to know, that it's been an off-menu fixture that's been available for some time (if you knew to order it) and can still be ordered after the Throwback Classics Menu ends its run.

ea0358f.jpg

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The only time I've ever had del taco was when I was in Vegas because it was across from the Rio where I was staying and was by far the cheapest readily available food option.

bengraven

Holy fuck, I've been fiending a Taco John's taco burger in over 7 years.

I will be eating a lot of these to make up for it.

Del taco is okay for a fast food taco joint. Happy we still have them out here in utah, though betos/rancheritos is stil the GOAT when it comes to burritos.

I'm still hoping to try a loosemeat sandwich one day.

RZy9LZP.jpg

Oh lord, don't post something like that without warning. Now I'm hungry as hell.

There aren't any Del Taco's in Texas unfortunately. They used to be here about 30 years ago, but Taco Bell put them all out of business. I think Del Taco's offerings are way better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its like an Unholy Bastardization of a torta.

FinKL

This out of the blue throwback and the fact that they are available now is awesome! Ironically, Del Taco Burgers are one of my favorite fast food burgers.

Definitely trying this for lunch

On the contrary, there are two in the Austin area.

Wuh? Since When!? So much has changed since I moved away 3 years ago. Now they have In-N-OUt and shit
edit: Oh, they are in Cedar Park and Georgetown. May as well be in another state. I went to the In-N-Out off Airport and 1-35 last month. Delish

My dad has long told the legend of the Bell Beefer, but it was before my time. This looks and sounds basically exactly the same, so I will try it, FOR MY FATHERRRR

The real news here is that orange shake. I will consume one of those.

Del Taco is only really eatable when you're really drunk or really stoned.

Wuh? Since When!? So much has changed since I moved away 3 years ago. Now they have In-N-OUt and shit
edit: Oh, they are in Cedar Park and Georgetown. May as well be in another state. I went to the In-N-Out off Airport and 1-35 last month. Delish

There's a bunch around the DFW suburbs, got one in Frisco, Mckinney, etc.

Schlep

They're in DFW too.

The only thing I like is their hot sauce packet which is actually not bad.

There used to be one over in Watauga, but it shut down unfortunately. Now the only time I can get my fix is when I go to work in California.

Their breakfast burritos are good and their cheap ass burrito is good. Can't stand anything else from this place, but those two combined with Cherry Coke on tap are enough for me.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, I've been fiending a Taco John's taco burger in over 7 years.

I will be eating a lot of these to make up for it.
But there's no Potato Oles, so it won't make up for it.

I make taco burgers at home all the time. They're great.

MWCShay

Del Taco was our go to drunk food, greasy as hell and cheap. I probably ate a couple 100 chicken soft tacos between 06 and 07. Taco Bueno, Taco Mayo, and Taco Cabana are all better fast food taco places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom