• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Taco introduces the The Del Taco to their menu, replaces Double Beef Classic Taco

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/06/del-taco-introduces-new-namesake-taco.html

Drawing inspiration from their very first taco version from over 50 years ago, Del Taco introduces the new The Del Taco. They're describing it as "a bigger, fresher, and better-tasting crunchy beef taco, worthy of the brand's name."

Replacing their Double Beef Classic Taco, The Del Taco features more seasoned beef, more fresh-grated cheddar cheese, lettuce, and chopped tomatoes on a bigger, crunchier corn shell. Seasoned turkey can be substituted for seasoned beef with no extra charge.

The suggested price for the new taco is $1.39. Del Taco currently has a buy one, get one free coupon for The Del Taco on their website but you have to be enrolled in their email list to access it.

Nutritional Info - The Del Taco (125g)
Calories - 300 (from Fat - 170)
Fat - 18g (Saturated Fat - 9g)
Sodium - 560mg
Carbs - 14g (Sugar - 1g)
Protein - 19g

FjrifMy.jpg

Del Taco's cheese is so tasty for some reason. Wish there was one closer by... will make a point of going to one on my way to/when I'm down in SoCal for Thanksgiving.

That's such a dumb name. I actually went to Del Taco just today, and when they asked if I wanted to try their new Del Taco, I had no idea what they were talking about and said no thanks.

Also, it's no Doritos Locos.

I constantly stop at the Del Taco near my home when I'm stumbling home drunk. Those 2/$5 spicy chicken burritos are the reason I'm out of shape. I eat pretty healthy throughout the week, and one drunken night destroys me.

I wish I had a Del Taco near me. I miss dat chicken burrito deliciousness.

I do too.

I work nights, and one of the best things was coming home and grabbing a snack at Del after my shift. I moved, and now I'm much too far away from that.

Additionally, everything up here is closed at like, 10:30 except McDonalds. -_-

I dig being only five minutes away from my job, but you miss the little things sometimes.

theWB27

No lie....Del taco has some shitty food. Only thing remotely redeeming is their breakfast. Bummed me out when I lived in the cali desert.

I mean if it's bigger that's good, but the picture looks identical to the old taco to me.
Exactly. It's the exact fucking same as the "Classic" taco it is replacing. I know, because I order the "Classic" tacos like 1-2 times a month.

This has to be purely a marketing gimmick.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Sure that's a taco. Fun fact I've never seen a del taco in person. Might eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom