• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell Canada introduces Cheetos Crunchwrap Sliders

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

pAp3Kud.jpg

Two Canadian favourites come together to create the Cheetos® Crunchwrap Slider in Taco Bell locations nationwide

VAUGHAN, ON, Feb. 29, 2016 /CNW/ - Warm up your taste buds, Canada, because they're about to crunch into a bold new combination of flavours! Today, Taco Bell introduces the Cheetos® Crunchwrap Slider - a Canadian-exclusive that combines two fan favourites, Taco Bell and Cheetos® Cheddar Jalapeño cheese snacks. Available only on this side of the border, this new creation comes in three mouth-watering options: Beefy Cheddar, Spicy Chicken, and Supreme.

Bringing unique and innovative products to its customers has always been a top priority for Taco Bell and the Cheetos® Crunchwrap Slider is no exception. It took months of tasting and trying different ingredient combinations to come up with this collaboration. With three varieties available, there is something for everyone. Beefy Cheddar combines Taco Bell's signature seasoned ground beef, warm nacho cheese sauce and shredded cheddar cheese, Spicy Chicken brings the heat with shredded chicken drizzled with cool, creamy spicy ranch sauce and Supreme is packed with classic supreme filling including seasoned ground beef, warm nacho cheese sauce, sour cream and tomatoes.

"Taco Bell Crunchwraps have been a best-selling menu item since they were first introduced in nearly 10 years ago," says Veronica Castillo, Head of Marketing and R&D, Taco Bell Canada. "This year, we've shaken things up to create a smaller-sized Crunchwrap with a new flavour profile that combines the much-loved Crunchwrap with another all-time fan favourite snack, Cheetos Cheddar Jalapeño. The two have come together to create a truly iconic taste experience – just for our Canadian fans."

The Cheetos® Crunchwrap Slider joins the ranks of past celebrated Taco Bell creations such as the Quesarito, Grilled Stuft Nachos and Doritos® Cheesy Gordita Crunch. New innovations are constantly being developed, tested and screened to bring fans the bold new tastes that they crave and have come to expect from Taco Bell Canada.

"Cheetos Cheddar Jalapeño snacks are the perfect addition to Taco Bell's fan-favourite Crunchwrap and we hope Canadians will love the extra hit of Cheetos flavour and crunch added to a lunchtime favourite," says Nancy Rooney, Senior Director of Marketing - Foodservice, PepsiCo Canada. "We can't wait for Canadian fans to get their hands on one to experience the bold taste and crunch for themselves."

The Cheetos® Crunchwrap Slider will be in Taco Bell Canada stores nationwide for a limited time for a retail price of $2.99. Crunch lovers can visit our new website www.TacoBell.ca, or any of our social channels - @TacoBellCanada on Twitter, Taco Bell Canada on Facebook, TACOBELLCANADA on Snapchat or on Instagram @tacobellcanada for more details.

Eusis

More and more it's going from faux Mexican to some college student's attempt at Mexican using the snacks they have laying around. Looking forward to when it's just a tortilla wrapped around Fritos, Cheetos, AND Doritos, with sour cream to make it go down smoothly.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
I hate when companies do this. It just looks and reeks of laziness. It's the same kind of thing like with Applebee's Crackerjack dessert, but I feel it's even worse there though since it actually shows a picture of a single serve CrackerJack package next to the dessert. Like, did you guys just drive out to the store, buy a box of CrackerJack, open them up, and spill them onto the plate? Let's get a little more original here, please.

DJ_Lae

That dinky goddamn thing is $3? Like McDonald's dressing up a junior chicken and doubling the price, I would be in if it were cheaper.

Chuckl3s

I feel like Taco Bell is running out of ideas that they are just going thru the arsenal of Frito-Lay and seeing what else they can add to a taco.

Tenck

The most surprising thing out of that article for me was

"Taco Bell Crunchwraps have been a best-selling menu item since they were first introduced in nearly 10 years ago,"

No one I know buys the Crunchwraps.

DJ_Lae

Canada bucks are fucked right now bro.

I know, but not that fucked.

It's a deal and not a regular occurrence, but I just bought a Big Mary for lunch for $3. I don't think I could justify this wrap, as tasty as it probably is.

.JayZii

Banned
More and more it's going from faux Mexican to some college student's attempt at Mexican using the snacks they have laying around. Looking forward to when it's just a tortilla wrapped around Fritos, Cheetos, AND Doritos, with sour cream to make it go down smoothly.
I'd try one. Why not? Their new menu items are always literally just publicity stunts, and they work. Can people stop being disingenuously indignant whenever they announce a product that's going to be around for 3 months? People act as though there aren't legions of actual Mexican restaurants to eat at. Nobody thinks Taco Bell is authentic, it's its own weird thing.

Trudeau has only been prime minister for 4 months and look at everything he has accomplished.

jk, I don't think I'd eat that, it looks kinda gross...

Eusis

I'd try one. Why not? Their new menu items are always literally just publicity stunts, and they work. Can people stop being disingenuously indignant whenever they announce a product that's going to be around for 3 months? People act as though there aren't legions of actual Mexican restaurants to eat at. Nobody thinks Taco Bell is authentic, it's its own weird thing.
Oh, I know, you go for Taco Bell for Taco Bell food not Mexican food. But it's still funny how more and more it looks like junk food wrapped up in a tortilla (as if it weren't already junk food...) rather than a cheap riff off of Mexican food.

And I'd be morbidly fascinated to try that at least once. Nevermind that Fritos... kind of... work, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom