• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell offers new Dare Devil Loaded Grillers, also starting to test Burrito Bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
New Spicy Dare Devil Loaded Grillers at Taco Bell

qJop172.jpg

Taco Bell looks to meet the cravings of the pepper-loving crowd with new Dare Devil Loaded Grillers with three different levels of spicy heat.

Each Dare Devil Loaded Griller features a grilled burrito filled with seasoned beef, red tortilla chips, nacho cheese, and one of three spicy sauces: Mild Chipotle, Hot Habanero, and Fiery Ghost Pepper.

While Chipotle sauce is a mainstay sauce on the Taco Bell menu, Hot Habanero and Fiery Ghost Pepper are new and available for a limited time only. Before those of you who basically eat hot sauce with everything get your hopes too high, Hot Habanero appears to be sour cream and mayo-based, while Fiery Ghost Pepper seems to be mayo-based.

Some of you might remember that the new sauces were tested earlier this year.

The new Loaded Grillers are being offered at $1 a piece (a discount considering that the rest of the Loaded Grillers line are now around the $1.50 mark). You can also select one of the Dare Devil Loaded Grillers as part of a $5 Box, which also includes a Burrito Supreme, Crunchy Taco, and medium fountain drink.

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell - Mild Chipotle Dare Devil Loaded Griller
Calories - 420 (from Fat - 200)
Fat - 22g (Saturated Fat - 5g)
Sodium - 940mg
Carbs - 43g (Sugar - 3g)
Protein - 12g

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell - Hot Habanero Chipotle Dare Devil Loaded Griller
Calories - 380 (from Fat - 160)
Fat - 18g (Saturated Fat - 5g)
Sodium - 900mg
Carbs - 44g (Sugar - 4g)
Protein - 12g

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell - Fiery Ghost Pepper Dare Devil Loaded Griller
Calories - 400 (from Fat - 180)
Fat - 20g (Saturated Fat - 5g)
Sodium - 970mg
Carbs - 44g (Sugar - 3g)
Protein - 11g

Taco Bell testing new "Famous" Burrito Bowls in North Carolina

HdZPzFM.jpg

Taco Bell is testing new "Famous" Burrito Bowls out in North Carolina.

What makes them famous? They're essentially tortilla-less versions of the chain's classic burritos served in a bowl.

Among others, there's the a bowl version of the 7-Layer Burrito, the Cheesy Potato Burrito, and the Burrito Supreme. There's also a Fritos Supreme Bowl, which doesn't have an immediate analogue on the current menu. It looks to be Latin rice topped with seasoned beef, nacho cheese, Fritos chips, diced tomatoes, and sour cream.

The new menu items were spotted in the Charlotte, NC area. No word on pricing, but I would assume they would be priced the same as their tortilla-wrapped counterparts.

If they make it out of test, these wouldn't be the first burrito bowls on the Taco Bell menu, as they currently offer the Cantina Power Bowl.

Kusagari

I got the Ghost Pepper one a few hours ago.

It's hotter than anything else they've ever had but like everything else in fast food that advertises it, it's nowhere near actual Ghost Pepper obviously.

Valnen

Why call them "burrito" bowls? A burritos is various ingredients wrapped in a tortilla. If you take away the tortilla, it is no longer a burrito.

You can't throw a bunch of meat, cheese, and tomato sauce into a bowl and call it a Pizza bowl...(though I'm sure it's been done)

G0523

Didn't they used to have burrito bowls? Or do they still and they're called cantina bowls? I'm confused.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Didn't they used to have burrito bowls? Or do they still and they're called cantina bowls? I'm confused.

It's at the end of the burrito bowl article.

If they make it out of test, these wouldn't be the first burrito bowls on the Taco Bell menu, as they currently offer the Cantina Power Bowl.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just drove by my local location and they had all three, so naturally I turn in and give it a go.

Chipotle: Tastes just like the billion other products they use this sauce with. This isn't a slight as it is a nice, mildly smokey, not very hot creamy sauce.

Habanero: Tastes like...someone bred a habanero to be not terribly spicy. It did taste like the pepper though. My least favorite of the three, but still quite good.

Ghost Pepper: Taste like...someone bred a Ghost Pepper to be not terribly spicy. Easily the spiciest thing ever on Taco Bells menu, beating out the Diablo Sauce, Volcano Sauce, and the Siracha they were obsessed with earlier this year, but it only gave a mild tingle to the front and middle receptors on your tongue. The flavor was EXCELLENT though, it was the perfect match with the cheese sauce, tortilla strips, and "seasoned beef"

Verdict: All three are well worth giving a shot to. A lot of food for a dollar each.

Had all 3 of these a few hours ago. The chipolte and habanero were easily my favorites. the ghost pepper one had an unpleasant spicy taste that just didn't set well with me. i'd have the other 2 again for sure though.

I had that sangria mount dew for the first time today as well. not sure im feeling that compared to baja blast which i always get. i get the feeling they'd taste great together mixed, but i went through the drive-thru and didn't get the chance to try it.

Apt101

Looks good for Taco Bell. 380 calories for that hot griller (probably closer to 420 the way the local TB heaps on toppings) doesn't sound too bad. I could nab that on a cheat day.

JeanGrey

Haven't eaten Taco Bell in years. Don't think these new items will get me to start again. Nothing better than homemade tacos with real meat. IMO

Haven't eaten Taco Bell in years. Don't think these new items will get me to start again. Nothing better than homemade tacos with real meat. IMO
You don't get taco bell because you want tacos. You get taco bell because you want taco bell.

Obviously real tacos taste completely different and the only similarities are in how they look.

Sanjuro

Tried the Ghost Pepper one last night. Easily the hottest of the chain attempts at branding the pepper. Wendy's, Red Robin, etc.

Still wasn't super not, but not a bad deal!

Tagyhag

Would try those burrito bowls, especially the Frito's supreme.

Their $1 Frito's burrito is currently their best value, tasty and 1 is enough to fill you up.

Rootbeer

Banned
I am VERY skeptical of the concept of even a halfway decent bowl experience at Taco bell. I've had some items from their Cantina menu which is positioned to compete a little more with Chiptle-grade food and it falls way, way short.

I'm down for some Taco Bell though. If you know the best things to order you can have a pretty tasty meal for cheap. $5 or $6 will fill you up.

DOWN

Banned
They already have had a burrito bowl for about two years so it must be doing well from their Cantina menu

hydruxo

The idea of getting a burrito bowl from Taco Bell just doesn't sit well with me.

The loaded grillers look okay though, might try one of those.

Soriku

I had the Ghost Pepper griller today. It barely tingled.

I just ate one right now...definitely not my experience. For fast food it's really spicy after a couple bites. There's a good meat:sauce ratio, and the burrito I had was decently crispy. For $1 it's a bargain. I'm pretty impressed Taco Bell.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Didn't like the grilles that much. Taco bells nacho cheese remains disgusting. Would be better with shredded cheese IMO.

Tarkus

I had the ghost pepper and habanero grillers. While they don't live up to their namesake, both have great flavor. The ghost pepper one had some heat, probably 2000 Scoville units or so. The habanero variety was pretty tame in heat but had a nice pepper flavor. Would order both again.

I still dearly miss my spicy chicken burrito they did away with 10 years ago. Greatest fast food item ever.

Trying one of these tonight...which flavor should I get, GAF?

I already know I like the chipotle sauce so I'm leaning that way. Are the other "hot" sauces good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom