• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle testing new Queso dip

MartyStu

Look, this is cute, but it will not match Moe's.

I will still continue to buy my Burritos at Chipotle and make the extra trip to pick up queso at Moes.

Moes suck are we seriously putting Moes as a contender here...???

Qudoba ok fine...maybe a local place, but the subpar quality of food at Moes really is telling for good standards here.

Zukkoyaki

Even if the queso is good, I won't be able to say no to their spicy red salsa. God DAMN is that stuff good! Best salsa you can get anywhere by a country mile!

MartyStu

Moes suck are we seriously putting Moes as a contender here...???

Qudoba ok fine...maybe a local place, but the subpar quality of food at Moes really is telling for good standards here.

I agree that the food is generally garbage.

But the Queso. The Queso is divine.

Cheese dip is totally different.

They just debuted chorizo queso, BTW.

(Spicy)cheese and pepper dip? idk i'm feeling pedantic. BTW chroriqueso* is totally a thing at least in northern Mexico. Great stuff, but it's not liquified cheese or dip, it's served hot for corn or flour quesadillas. Chipotle has very decent chorizo, I should be down to try a quesadilla with that chorizo.

The whole reason that Chipotle hasn't offered queso in the past is that part of their schtick is about having "ethical" food. Locally sourced ingredients. No artificial flavors or dyes. No antibiotics. Even anti-GMO now. Stuff like that. I believe it was their "no preservatives" rule in particular that was the killer for queso.

Forgot about their organic shtick, I'll take back what I said about yellow dyes.

Anyways, I saw a Wendy's commerical getting into the queso thing as well too

Leaving forever

louiedog

Chipotle is good airport food. It's easy to execute and tastes alright which makes it reliable. A burrito bowl is easy to eat without being messy. But I'm surrounded by better and usually cheaper taquerias so travel is about the only time I'll find myself eating there.

DOWN

Banned
I have zero doubt that Moe’s would lose in taste testing against Chipotle and Qdoba so I am flabbergasted at people bringing it up

———

Quest and flavor is the thing that put Qdoba on top! I am excited because while I doubt Chipotle can beat Qdoba flavor, this means they’ll be close and I can go to both more often.
I gave up on Qdoba when they stopped steaming their tortillas.
They still steam them so your location fucked up

louiedog

You drink soup?

It's for those of us with hectic modern schedules of course.

fcf4171e4e.jpg

Faiz

It most assuredly was not just my location. There were questions to them about this on social media and the response was basically just "yeah we switched, sorry".

now it's possible they switched back, but it definitely wasn't just ours.

finalflame

California Tortilla > Chipotle >>>>>>>>> Qdoba

Cal Tort - blackened chicken is life.

Lol figures all "California tortilla" locations are all on the east coast and nowhere near CA.

An actual Mission burrito in the Mission (Farolito, La Taqueria) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other bullshit.

Sanjuro

People think Qdoba is under Chipotle? Must be the same people who love Papa John's.

It's basically Taco Starbucks.

I have zero doubt that Moe’s would lose in taste testing against Chipotle and Qdoba so I am flabbergasted at people bringing it up

———

Quest and flavor is the thing that put Qdoba on top! I am excited because while I doubt Chipotle can beat Qdoba flavor, this means they’ll be close and I can go to both more often.

Your taste buds are fucked up.

zethren

Banned
TIL: people actually like Moe's? It's the absolute worst of the burrito chains...

That said, I'll eat me some queso at Chipotle.

TIL: people actually like Moe's? It's the absolute worst of the burrito chains...

That said, I'll eat me some queso at Chipotle.

My wife loves Moes, and it drives me nuts. I find them to be by far the worst of Chipotle/Qdoba/Hothead and them. Chipotle has the best Steak and Hot Salsa.....Qdoba the best Queso and Hothead the best overall sauces. Moes has the best nothing. It's shit.

hydruxo

I don't understand the love for Qdoba around here, it fucking sucks! It's so goddamn bland.

I'm excited for anything new from Chipotle.

Qdoba really isn't much different from Chipotle IMO. At least the ones near me aren't.

Plus you get queso and guac included with any burrito / bowl at Qdoba. But I like both Qdoba and Chipotle, depends on the mood I'm in tbh.

DOWN

Banned
I don't understand the love for Qdoba around here, it fucking sucks! It's so goddamn bland.

I'm excited for anything new from Chipotle.
If you find it bland, you are picking the wrong ingredients. They season their queso and chicken more than any of the competition.

Arc

Moe's Queso is unreal. I would house a large by myself in high school.

Dumped it on the Homewrecker before every bite and then finished it with the unlimited chips. Life was good.

Moe's Queso is unreal. I would house a large by myself in high school.

Dumped it on the Homewrecker before every bite and then finished it with the unlimited chips. Life was good.

Unlimited chips? Where the fuck does one get unlimited chips?

Arc

Unlimited chips? Where the fuck does one get unlimited chips?

The Moe's in my town (like literally 3 minutes from my high school) always had unlimited chips. You could go back up for refills like a large popcorn at the movie theater.

Qdoba >> Chipotle > Taco Bell >>>>>Moe's

People around me hyped Moe's like crazy. It's easily the worst of the bunch. Qdoba is the best, especially when they have Diablo queso

Dr. Letz Shake

Neo Member
same

Also Qdoba got nothing on Moe's. I won a year of free Moe's once back in college (52 burritos + drink + chips + queso, so one a week for a year) because I sat outside to be one of the first 50 people at the grand "re-opening" of our local franchise. So fucking worth. Still wasn't tired of eating Moe's by the time I burned through that card.

I came in here just to read about cheese and I'm leaving a very jealous and hungry individual

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Qdoba >> Chipotle > Taco Bell >>>>>Moe's

People around me hyped Moe's like crazy. It's easily the worst of the bunch. Qdoba is the best, especially when they have Diablo queso

Willy's > everything

Moe’s has that because their food is cheap as f so they can afford to give that away and hope it brings in college people

Also, the have the $5 monday deal - you know that food is cheap as hell if you can get a loaded burrito for $5

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://nbc4i.com/2017/09/05/chipotle-announces-nationwide-release-date-for-queso-dip/

(WCMH) — After several months of testing, Chipotle has announced a nationwide release date for its new queso dip.

Queso will be a part of the menu at Chipotle restaurants nationwide beginning Tuesday, September 12.

“Although queso was the number one requested menu item, we never added it to our menu before now because we wouldn’t use the industrial additives used in most quesos,” said Chipotle CEO Steve Ells in a statement. “Additives make typical queso very consistent and predictable, but are not at all in keeping with our food culture. Our queso may vary slightly depending on the characteristics of the aged cheddar cheese used in each batch, but using only real ingredients is what makes our food so delicious.”

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Huh. I saw this at Chipotle on Sunday, so I didn't know it wasn't already out everywhere. I declined because it looked gross. Also, I was weirded out they asked if I wanted them to dump it on a burrito.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
I'm just imagining the rich, creamy shits that some GAFer is going to get loading up a lipid-filled burrito with queso, sour cream, and guacamole.

Top Bottom