• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle testing new Queso dip

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm just imagining the rich, creamy shits that some GAFer is going to get loading up a lipid-filled burrito with queso, sour cream, and guacamole.

That's just because a high percentage of GAFfers have the constitution of a newborn.

lem0n

I just found out about quesaritos at Chipotle, I'm so gonna ask them to pour that shit on a tortilla and wrap my burrito in it next time

DOWN

Banned
Qdoba has always been better than Chipotle because of their queso. Moe’s is the worst because they lack seasoning on anything and it tastes like an American grocery store hell.

Chris R

anybody here into illegal pete's?

no?

Does Illegal Pete's exist outside of Denver?

Also, fuck them for giving me shit for ordering a chicken and cheese quesadilla with no other toppings, I had a fucking terrible hangover and didn't want to exasperate any upcoming sickness with salsa or other spicy toppings.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, the local fare here in San Diego is better, I just choose Chipotle with some regularity because it's far easier to control what's inside when you're trying to eat healthier. You can't exactly walk into Roberto's and give them a complicated order and expect it to go off without a hitch.

Lenz44

Banned
Was expecting way better. Qdoba still better queso. I was really excited to try it, but it really let me down. Also the regular size is like a shot glass worth of queso. I almost laughed when I got it.

they gonna serve the cheese in the same tiny little container they serve salsa in?

oh... looks like the guy before me answered my question.

giphy.gif

oxidax

Anybody else loves when the Chipotle burrito magically turns into a bowl halfway thru eating it? I have yet eaten a whole Chipotle burrito without having to pick up a fork to finish up lmao

thespot84

i liked the queso but I didn't go in expecting the velveeta-ness that is qdoba's, I was expecting something to add a cheese flavor to my burrito which is what I got. It goes well with the rest of the menu.

Also illegal pete's is the shit, and no I don't think it's anywhere but denver.

In my hometown I have a chipotle, qdoba, moes, hot head, and la taqueria all within 2 miles of my house. Which is the best is one of the most hotly debated topics around.

Bellamin

My brother was part of a taste testing earlier this year. He said it had a chalky taste to it. Could be remembering wrong, but I think they're going to sell it with chips for about $5.

In my hometown I have a chipotle, qdoba, moes, hot head, and la taqueria all within 2 miles of my house. Which is the best is one of the most hotly debated topics around.

I'm in a similar predicament and I go to each one depending on the following:
Chipotle: I want quality food
Qdoba: If the Chipotle is too busy
Moe's: If it's Monday so I can get chips, a drink, and a bowl for 7 bucks.
Hot Head: If I want a fuck ton of food for the same price as Chipotle.

Ashhong

My brother was part of a taste testing earlier this year. He said it had a chalky taste to it. Could be remembering wrong, but I think they're going to sell it with chips for about $5.

It has a texture to it, which I thought was from the melted cheese. It's not like your smooth nacho cheese.

I had this at the NY test site, and I had a mixed opinion on it. In a burrito, it melts into the background with no real cheese taste coming through. Furthermore, when you eat it with guacamole, you can just taste the sheer amount of salt in both products.

cucuchu

Depsite the negative reviews I decided to give this a try and it sure as shit is every bit as bad as everyone says it is. The texture and taste is I assume pretty close to the product of someone eating expired Velveeta and vomitting it up as soon as it hits their stomach.

finalflame

I had this at the NY test site, and I had a mixed opinion on it. In a burrito, it melts into the background with no real cheese taste coming through. Furthermore, when you eat it with guacamole, you can just taste the sheer amount of salt in both products.

Yah, I've always thought Chipotle guac was super salty even on its own. And I tend to like things on the higher end of the salt spectrum (not a fan of bland food).

Chococat

They use really sharp cheddar, not a cheese food like Velveeta. Cheedar taste is over powering for nacho cheese IMHO. Should be a blend of cheeses.

lenovox1

They use really sharp cheddar, not a cheese food like Velveeta. Cheedar taste is over powering for nacho cheese IMHO. Should be a blend of cheeses.

Why would they use a cheddar for queso? That wasn't smart of the cooks there. You've got to use a soft, smooth fresh cheese or a soft processed cheese product.

Tried it a few days ago. Chipotle is good at releasing stuff that tastes good. So I have no idea how they thought this queso was a good idea. Queso should not be gritty, wtf.

Also Moe's is gross. Bland mush, nothing has flavor.

Zoe

Why would they use a cheddar for queso? That wasn't smart of the cooks there. You've got to use a soft, smooth fresh cheese or a soft processed cheese product.
Cheddar would be fine if they put in the other stuff to make it processed cheese.

Top Bottom