• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle testing new Queso dip

RBH

Screen%20Shot%202017-07-11%20at%2010.37.48%20AM_1499783912754_62591361_ver1.0_640_480.png

Although Chipotle is well-known for seldomly adding new items to its menu, it's hard to believe the burrito chain still doesn't serve a queso cheese dip to pair with its tortilla chips or to dump all over a burrito bowl at your local outpost. But there's a good chance that may change sometime soon, now that the company has officially revealed it is making queso for the first time. Finally.

Yes, really -- queso at Chipotle. On Monday, Chipotle execs showed off the highly anticipated hot cheese dip and a few other all-new menu items at the chain's newly opened public test kitchen-restaurant hybrid called Chipotle NEXT Kitchen in NYC's Meatpacking District, according to a report by Eater. The cheesy tortilla chip companion is officially dubbed Genuine Queso and you can order it with chips, in a cup on the side, or as another ingredient in your burrito, burrito bowl, or order of tacos at the special location as part of the company's test launch. Unfortunately, that's the one and only Chipotle where you can get it. At least, it is for now.
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/chipotle-is-testing-queso-dip-at-next-test-kitchen-in-nyc

finalflame

Yeah I'd fuck with this

same

Also Qdoba got nothing on Moe's. I won a year of free Moe's once back in college (52 burritos + drink + chips + queso, so one a week for a year) because I sat outside to be one of the first 50 people at the grand "re-opening" of our local franchise. So fucking worth. Still wasn't tired of eating Moe's by the time I burned through that card.

Haines

Banned
I can't go to Chipotle.

They put too much of that soap tasting garnish in everything.

I can manage at Qdoba.

Yes I know it's only like 10 percent that taste it.

Jarate

Banned
Chipotle has the best steak and rice out of any of the chains, and their hot chili sauce is fucking incredible. That's all that really matters

When did "genuine queso" become a thing? Kay-so is not some Mexican delicacy much less a genuine one. People of America: sometimes just call shit by their name. In this case cheese dip or highly processed, heavily dyed dip with cheese flavor if you're feeling pedantic. Also, if you insist on calling it "queso," make an effort to pronounce it right. White people love to get the pronounciatiom right for French words, but for Spanish words it's not worth anyone's time.

Say it with me: chee-poh-tleh, keh-soh

/rant

Sanjuro

When did "genuine queso" become a thing? Kay-so is not some Mexican delicacy much less a genuine one. People of America: sometimes just call shit by their name. In this case cheese dip or highly processed, heavily dyed dip with cheese flavor if you're feeling pedantic. Also, if you insist on calling it "queso," make an effort to pronounce it right. White people love to get the pronounciatiom right for French words, but for Spanish words it's not worth anyone's time.

/rant

Kay. So?

I don't understand the love for Qdoba around here, it fucking sucks! It's so goddamn bland.

I'm excited for anything new from Chipotle.

Zoe

/rant

Cheese dip is totally different.

I wonder if this will even come close to Torchy's queso. But I think I already know the answer.

They just debuted chorizo queso, BTW.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
When did "genuine queso" become a thing? Kay-so is not some Mexican delicacy much less a genuine one. People of America: sometimes just call shit by their name. In this case cheese dip or highly processed, heavily dyed dip with cheese flavor if you're feeling pedantic.

The whole reason that Chipotle hasn't offered queso in the past is that part of their schtick is about having "ethical" food. Locally sourced ingredients. No artificial flavors or dyes. No antibiotics. Even anti-GMO now. Stuff like that. I believe it was their "no preservatives" rule in particular that was the killer for queso.

I suppose what they're probably doing now is making their queso in-house at the restaurant daily. That's probably going to cost a lot of extra prep time, but maybe they're finally coming around to the idea that they need queso to stop their competitors from nipping at their heels.

I don't understand the love for Qdoba around here, it fucking sucks! It's so goddamn bland.

I'm excited for anything new from Chipotle.

I find that these chains all have terrible consistency problems. Store to store, visit to visit, I never know what I'm gonna get.

Saganator

About fucking time. Last week I was at Qdoba telling my friend I haven't been to Chipotle in years because they don't have queso.

Top Bottom