• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dell Zino HD - sort of want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have a Mac Mini but as long as Apple shortsightedly continues to refuse to support HDMI it's not really a HTPC option for me. This, though...

inspiron-zino-hd-design1.jpg

http://www.dell.com/us/en/corp/desktops/inspiron-zino-hd/pd.aspx?refid=inspiron-zino-hd&s=corp

andycapps

Gary Whitta said:
I'd rather have a Mac Mini but as long as Apple shortsightedly continues to refuse to support HDMI it's not really a HTPC option for me. This, though...

This is actually pretty nice looking. Also has Blu-ray capabilities. Wonder how well it does at playing back 720p or 1080p video with the integrated graphics. Not sure if I'd want to get the optional video card in such a small unit.

harSon

Banned
What kind of HTPC do you want to build. If you don't want Bluray or PVR features, just build a XBMC box with a Acer AspireRev for $300 cheaper.

Nevermind, a site I was looking at listed it as $500. This looks to be a damned good deal assuming it does HD content well.

gcubed

harSon said:
What kind of HTPC do you want to build. If you don't want Bluray or PVR features, just build a XBMC box with a Acer AspireRev for $300 cheaper.

Nevermind, a site I was looking at listed it as $500. This looks to be a damned good deal assuming it does HD content well.

.. edited as i quoted...

Totakeke

Yeah it does look really good with the price. I probably wouldn't need one myself, but I can definitely see myself recommending it to other people.

Pachimari

It's an HTPC right? Which one should I get, I have been looking all over the Internet. Have found this one, popcorn hour, wd live, apple tv and boxee box next year. I just got Boxee for XP and it's awesome how it adds information and poster to every movie. Which HTPC has the same kind of functions? And is it possible to store all my movies on the HTPC itself?

Any recommendation?

harSon

Banned
Anastacio said:
It's an HTPC right? Which one should I get, I have been looking all over the Internet. Have found this one, popcorn hour, wd live, apple tv and boxee box next year. I just got Boxee for XP and it's awesome how it adds information and poster to every movie. Which HTPC has the same kind of functions? And is it possible to store all my movies on the HTPC itself?

Any recommendation?

http://xbmc.org/

Xyphie

Anastacio said:

Any recommendation?

Get something with a real computer inside it like this one or a Atom/Ion system, it's so much more useful to have an actual computer under the TV with a real browser, emulators and so on. Stay away from shitty NMTs like AppleTV, Popcorn Hour etc for HTPC purposes.

Pachimari

Xyphie said:
Get something with a real computer inside it like this one or a Atom/Ion system, it's so much more useful to have an actual computer under the TV with a real browser, emulators and so on. Stay away from shitty NMTs like AppleTV, Popcorn Hour etc for HTPC purposes.
But I only need it to watching movies on and maybe apps there and here. And have it in a flat box under the tv. I don't need browser or a computer per se. =)

beside i don't know where to buy a flat small cabinet here in Denmark.

Pachimari

Just tried XMBC on the PC and i like the interface and how everything works in Boxee more.. =/

But i guess i can just install boxee on that ion box.

blitz64

This dell seems ok for it's price. People should wait for reviews.

I bought the Asrock 330 for $330 2months ago. It works great for boxee/xbmc in windows7. I might have gone with this dell if i don't have the asrock.

Dell Zino's competitor in case you are looking:
Asrock ION 330 $330
Acer Aspire Revo $199

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom