• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demi Moore doesn't understand irony

Status
Not open for further replies.
September 13, 2007 - Demi Moore will soon be an author. The actress is writing a tell-all book about Hollywood's obsession with youth.

Moore is also revealing some of the work that she had had done in an effort to stay young looking.

The 44-year-old tells the "Daily Mail" that she's had $600,000 worth of plastic surgery. That includes breast implants, collagen injections, liposuction and a $12,000 procedure to lift sagging skin around her knees.

Moore says she's also writing the tell-all to shed light on Hollywood's obsession with youth.

While her 29-year-old husband, Ashton Kutcher, clearly has no problem with Demi Moore’s over-40 status, the same can’t be said of Hollywood. With only handful of film roles since her big 2003 comeback in “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle,” Demi recently voiced her concerns about her sagging career, and one publication detailed the steps she taken to keep everything else from sagging.

“It's been a challenging few years, being the age I am. Almost to the point where I felt like, well, they don't know what to do with me. I am not 20. Not 30,” she revealed to Red magazine. “There aren't that many good roles for women over 40. A lot of them don't have much substance, other than being someone's mother or wife.”

Demi’s frustration with Hollywood’s attitudes toward “women of a certain age” was evident throughout her interview with the publication. “If we are told we are not valuable once we hit 30, it is a problem,” she said. “We all have more to give … We can't just wait for something to happen. We have to say, ‘I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more.’ ”

But, according to the Daily Mail, Demi’s fighting the system with more than just words. The newspaper alleges she’s put almost half a million dollars into rebuilding her body, in an effort to keep the years at bay.

In addition to employing “an army of advisors,” the Daily Mail claims she’s had breast implants, collagen injections, liposuction and a procedure to lift the drooping skin on her knees.

The 44-year-old actress claims Hollywood doesn't know what to do with her because she is too old to play the female lead, but looks too young and attractive to play motherly characters.

Demi said in an interview with Red magazine: "It's been a challenging few years, being the age I am, with so much focus now on how I look. Almost to the point where I felt like, well, they don't know what to do with me. I'm not 20. Not 30."

"But I'm certainly different from what most people feel someone in her 40s should be

Cobbled together from three different links.

While there is a real issue here is she really the best person to speak to it? How many roles has she gotten earlier in her career because she's essentially a hot piece of tail? This reminds me of the whole Britney Spears issue. Why do people complain when they benefit from a system when they profited from the very same system earlier?

It's funny how pretty women get to this realization not until later in life, the realization that all this time they got what they wanted just because of their pretty face... and once that's gone, the star treatment also disappears. It might be better sometimes to be not too good looking.

winter

Nothing ironic there. The text doesn't imply she is lashing out against Hollywood perpetuating an obsession with youth. Seems like she is simply explaining the way things are and, in that case, she is probably one of the most qualified people to write on the topic.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
53zuk9i.jpg

Unavailable for comment.

winter said:
Nothing ironic there. The text doesn't imply she is lashing out against Hollywood perpetuating an obsession with youth. Seems like she is simply explaining the way things are and, in that case, she is probably one of the most qualified people to write on the topic.

If we are told we are not valuable once we hit 30, it is a problem,” she said. “We all have more to give … We can't just wait for something to happen. We have to say, ‘I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more.’ ”
Sounds like it to me. Not to mention explaining that Hollywood is all about youth and looks for women isn't exactly a shocker either especially coming from someone who as I said, benefited from said system.

501877.jpg

White Man

I watched an old Tales from the Crypt episode with Demi Moore in it the other night. It was from 1990 or 91, before she did that magazine cover while pregnant. She was waaaaaaaay hot in that episode. Arrested Development's Jeffrey Tambor was in it as well. He was also waaaaaaaaay hot.

White Man said:
I watched an old Tales from the Crypt episode with Demi Moore in it the other night. It was from 1990 or 91, before she did that magazine cover while pregnant. She was waaaaaaaay hot in that episode. Arrested Development's Jeffrey Tambor was in it as well. He was also waaaaaaaaay hot.

Yeah I remember that one where she was a gold digger and married Tambor who was a fat slob. When the fat slob found out what she actually thought of him he killed her and had one hell of a last meal.

devilscallmedad said:
Isn't kidman over 40? salma hayek ? belluci ? hmm...did she stop to think that she sucks

Well, really 40s is pretty young. Especially for Hollywood women now. Kidman doesn't look nearly as good as she did 10 years ago, though, and Belluci is starting (oh so minorly) to develop old Italian woman syndrome. Hayek seems great though, as hot as ever. Moore's still very attractive as well.

She's acting redundantly.

womp

$600,000? She could have saved more time by just throwing it in the ocean.

And I agree...One Crazy Summer and it was down hill from there.

quadriplegicjon said:
she might have a point.. if she were a good actress.

The thing is I don't even get what point she is making. Is it that there is an obsession with youth or that she is too hot to be playing 40 year olds or that all that cosmetic surgery was a waste since she can't get a job?

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Stoney Mason said:
The thing is I don't even get what point she is making. Is it that there is an obsession with youth or that she is too hot to be playing 40 year olds or that all that cosmetic surgery was a waste since she can't get a job?

i think what she is trying to say is that hollywoods obsession with youth caused her to go through all that plastic surgery in order to stay relevant.. and now that she is older, but still 'hot', she cant find roles that fit her age group.

but if she were a good actress, she wouldnt have any issues.. there are many older actresses that get all kinds of creative roles.

Xenon

Hmmm methinks age has finally got the best of her plastic surgeons. That or Kutcher has been looking for riper fruit.

quadriplegicjon said:
i think what she is trying to say is that hollywoods obsession with youth caused her to go through all that plastic surgery in order to stay relevant.. and now that she is older, but still 'hot', she cant find roles that fit her age group.

Society's obsession with money made me rob people.

Aimed at her not you ;)

MC Safety

You really have to have too much time, money, and self-importance to have surgery to lift saggy skin around your knees.

Mau ®

Stoney Mason said:

When I was a kid I would stare at that for days in awe.

She's still very hot and I fucking love her voice. I cant say much about the acting, I havent seen her latests movies. She does have good presence on-screen though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom