• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demo PlayStation VR at Select Best Buy Stores (Every weekend through December)

So I was able to try out the PSVR at my local Best Buy. Walked in shortly after 5pm and the dude was just standing around. There wasn't a single soul in sight that wanted anything to do with it, lol.

I played the demo of Battle Zone, first thing I noticed was the screen door effect, which vanished about 30 seconds into the demo. The game was really fun, although I did get slight motion sick, almost to the point of taking off the headset. I stuck with it and finished out the demo. I'm a bit disappointed in myself because I was so engrossed I forgot to even check out how wide the viewing angle was. Another thing I noticed is how hot the headset was, I was sweating so bad that the lenses fogged up :(

I will say the experience at least cemented my thoughts on keeping my preorder.

My wife played the soccer, head demo thing, forgot the name of it. It was pretty underwhelming though. Basically just bob your head around hitting balls. She didn't, however, tell me to cancel my preorder which is a plus.

I'm going to check out my local GameStop one of these saturdays, the psvr guy said they have the heist demo, so I could check out how the motion controls work.

All in all I enjoyed my short time with it.

Top Bottom