• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls screenshot

kretos

Banned
demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_3.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_1.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_2.jpg

demons_souls_ps5_reveal_screen_5.png

demons-03-1920x1080.jpg

edit: new screenshot

ps5-demonsouls-video-thumb-block-07-en-110620

tenor.gif

Last edited:
By the way, never mention Yoshida again, he hated it. I was only stating what the trailer showed, always hoped and expected that the game itself will look more faithful to the original. The screenshots confirms this.

Now Miyazaki, I am no longer asking. Hand over the Elden Ring trailer *cocks crossbow*
Yoshida loves it now despite him hating it during development lol.

And No, I shall not.
*cocks Soul Arrows*

Stuart360

Guys it wasnt meant as a sly dig at the game. I read somewhere the other day that this rumoured remake started out as a PS4 title.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They definitely "westernized" the art style of a lot of the enemies we've seen so far. Everything has spikes and sharp edges added, extra fangs, etc. Look at the gargoyles or the black skeleton for good examples.
I know right? This looks more disturbing and terrifying than what we got with the new one.
nyx1st5lcz87garhpnau.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Same thing here..
HJxIbvS.jpg

kVIClwt.jpg

I'm really not liking this....I don't want this game lose that Japanese game aesthetics. The new designs looks way less disturbing.

Last edited:

Fbh

Damn that looks amazing. Why didn't they show some more gameplay instead of that boring trailer ?

Though yeah, I'm not a fan of some of these redesigns

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Wow it does look next gen as fuck

Really excited for this. The original is such an incredible classic. So many great moments and areas. They have a lot of good material to work with here, this game could be a system seller.

People upset that it doesn’t look art direction wise as good as the og From classic... like of course it doesn’t... oh no they aren’t classic era From omg... doesn’t mean it can’t look awesome on its own terms.

besides I like the idea of another trusted company’s take on it. Let From concentrate on Elden Ring and any other surprises they have in store for us. The original game is there if u want the pure uncut shit. I’m there for the next gen dark fantasy.

Last edited:

splattered

I never played the original so I'm looking forward to this but the remake art style feels kind of cartoony to me? Like kingdoms of amalur or WoW or I dunno?

Was expecting it to be all goth gross creepy like bloodborne or something.

Top Bottom