• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition more character DLC (still import only)

shaowebb

I know some folks here bought Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax and there are some here who also imported the sequel Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition. Well to the latter I have some good news. More characters are coming!
Ako and support character Lucian from Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko Janai to Omotta?

Never saw this anime, but who cares...new playable cast and a new support!
1n9tsNO.jpg

Full article here

I highly recommend buying Ignition if you don't own it. It has cast largely made up from Dengeki Bunko titles but also Sega.You don't need english to play it, and its really good. The assists you choose from each have 2 different moves so you can pretty much load a character with 2 assists and go for fun setups and stuff.

Plus the trump cards are an amazingly fun tool that turns you into a combo factory for a period of time by awarding you new properties and links to moves as well as other perks. You end up developing a rhythm in the game of activating trump cards then bursting while in neutral to refill the meter on trump state before it runs out to extend it as well as to net you more super meter and other bonuses. Just a crazy good time and the assists are really really good. Plus Ignition added a blaster system allowing you between rounds to choose a bonus for your character in the next round. Its a great way to turn the tide based on how you read your weaknesses and strengths vs different opponents.

Even if you're not a fan of cast from things like Sword Art Online, Durara, Sword of Shana and all that you should really play this if you're a fan of fighting games in general. It was made by the Under Night folks and its great.
Here's some gameplay of DFCI in action.

Can't wait for the new DLC to hit :)

Olengie

Need moar character announcements. Maybe a guy this time..

The anime hasn't come out yet, comes out in April. So far, there is a Manga and a Light Novel.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Personally hoping sega decides to localize this one. bought the first japanese game because I thought there was no way it was going to be localized. Now I can wait (did get the localized game too)

Producer

i remember being all set for vanilla DFC western release and then sega jp just kinda shitted on sega america's launch lol.

shaowebb

Yeah, Climax was localized with what felt like no build at all. I went in thinking it'd just be Aquapazza levels of fun. This shit is up there with Under Night for me. Just really great footsies, tons of offense, and with its systems a LOT of room to get creative with strategies and combos. Kind of fills a need for assist strategies for my Marvel side, as well as filling a need in me for air dash fighter footsies and loud fast gameplay from my Arc Sys side.

This is sort of a hidden gem that just sitting overseas at the moment and I think more people should really give it a look. It definitely has one of the most enjoyable and unique systems out there and the roster is pretty damned inspired in their movesets too.

shaowebb

This is a ps4 version right?

It's on PS4, PS3, and VITA. :)
Can't access the link from work, is there a release date and is there a price or is it free?

It will be paid DLC this time around. The last characters Llenn and Yuukki were free for a period after launch between X-mas and the end of January for the holiday launch celebration. The price wasn't announced for the new character but it should be for whatever any other DLC is going for now I'd imagine (about $6.50 I think). The release date is not set yet but they will be playable at the Dengeki Game Festival which is March 13th in a few days. We'll probably get the date announcement soon after.

danmaku

With all the anime fighters coming to PC (BBCP was released a few days ago) I was almost expecting this one to get ported too.

shaowebb

With all the anime fighters coming to PC (BBCP was released a few days ago) I was almost expecting this one to get ported too.

It's been a big time for anime fighters period.
  • Nitroplus Blasters launched in recent months. US just received the 1.02 patch update on balance
  • Koihime Enbu launched last month
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition launched near X-mas. Keeps getting more cast via dlc.
  • Melty Blood Actress Again announced coming to Steam soon.
  • Under Night announced coming to Steam soon.
  • Steam sees BB ChronoPhantasma Extend launch
  • SNK puts out an anniversay bundle with a ton of stuff last month that included thinks like Garou and Last Blade for PC.
  • Battle Fantasia got rereleased for PC
  • Blade Arcus exists for Shining Force diehards
  • Chaos Code has a sequel announced
  • BB Central Fiction is coming
  • Guilty Gear Revelator is coming
  • King of Fighters 14 is shaping up
  • Arcana Heart Six Stars is still happneing over in Japan
  • probably more stuff I can't remember because its 4 am as I post this lol

Just tons of goodness from the anime side of Fighting game development in the past quarter with more coming in the next.

Considering French Bread is putting its other two series on Steam one can hope they eventually get around to DFCI someday. It wouldn't be anytime soon though so I wouldn't hold off on buying it right now while its hot. Its really not a title I think folks should miss out on or sit on.

Memory

It's on PS4, PS3, and VITA. :)

It will be paid DLC this time around. The last characters Llenn and Yuukki were free for a period after launch between X-mas and the end of January for the holiday launch celebration. The price wasn't announced for the new character but it should be for whatever any other DLC is going for now I'd imagine (about $6.50 I think). The release date is not set yet but they will be playable at the Dengeki Game Festival which is March 13th in a few days. We'll probably get the date announcement soon after.

Thanks, I got the last DLC free since i had the game Day1. Very fun game so I'm happy to pay for a few extra characters.

shaowebb

Thanks, I got the last DLC free since i had the game Day1. Very fun game so I'm happy to pay for a few extra characters.

No problem :)
I can't wait to see what this character plays like. The roster is really cool with their movesets. Lots of unique stuff in it.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It's been a big time for anime fighters period.
  • Koihime Enbu launched last month

what the fuck? Man, there needs to be some sort of anime fighters thread, I'm just finding out about this. I wonder if it was as bad as the first entry on the ps3.

Recently bought the vanilla US game and was what I expected. Very pleased, sad Sega Japan screwed Sega US. =/

Hope this one makes it over here.

[*]Melty Blood Actress Again announced coming to Steam soon.
[*]Under Night announced coming to Steam soon

What!?

Oh mai gawd

I did not know this, thank you!

shaowebb

what the fuck? Man, there needs to be some sort of anime fighters thread, I'm just finding out about this. I wonder if it was as bad as the first entry on the ps3.

I have it and its actually pretty good. Very Very footsie oriented. Moves clash a lot, and it seems to be pretty polished. I was shocked to find out how many modes and things it has. Online is pretty decent too. Plus you can either train, play the AI or play locals while waiting for matches in Koihime Enbu. Very cool stuff all around. You gotta go for those crumples though. It counts them as a special state and not just a crumple and some followups, combos, and moves including your ultra can only be done when your opponent is in that crumple state.

Plus the Koihime Enbu soundtrack is fucking amazing and done by SSH.

HyperHip

I have it and its actually pretty good. Very Very footsie oriented. Moves clash a lot, and it seems to be pretty polished. I was shocked to find out how many modes and things it has. Online is pretty decent too. Plus you can either train, play the AI or play locals while waiting for matches in Koihime Enbu. Very cool stuff all around. You gotta go for those crumples though. It counts them as a special state and not just a crumple and some followups, combos, and moves including your ultra can only be done when your opponent is in that crumple state.

Plus the Koihime Enbu soundtrack is fucking amazing and done by SSH.

Gonna have to cosign.

Love this game, i've been getting people on to this at locals. Onlline is pretty good from what I played, solid netcode w/ lobbies and training mode. Also finally found trial mode which was actually hidden inside training, pretty nifty combos in there. nice amount of content for such a small release.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
well i'm glad to hear this version isn't terrible. I played the original ps3 port and it was terrible, the sprites were blurry, loading times were abysmal, and there was no online. Tempted on getting it but it's only 4 extra characters.

shaowebb

well i'm glad to hear this version isn't terrible. I played the original ps3 port and it was terrible, the sprites were blurry, loading times were abysmal, and there was no online. Tempted on getting it but it's only 4 extra characters.

Its more than just 4 characters. They added 3 new systems and one is a new between round boost mechanic called the Ignition system. You choose either your partner, you or a third character. Depending on who you choose you get a different bonus:
  • Selecting Player Character increases attack power and raises the Trump Card limit by one (doesn’t increase the number of icons)
  • selecting Support Character increases the recovery rate of the Support Gauge
  • selecting Blast Character recovers 50% of the Blast Gauge.
This means if you read a problem in a matchup like meter requirements, or assist needs or whatever then you can improve those by focusing your buff on that particular area. Plus if you go 3 rounds and keep choosing the same boost they stack and that makes up the 3rd system change known as DOUBLE IGNITIONS.

• Player Character Expends one Trump Card icon
    (Player Double Ignition allows you to jump cancel normal attacks in normal mode)
  • Support Character Expends one Climax Gauge bar and the Support Gauge
    (Support Double Ignition allows you to activate Support during a jump in normal mode, giving you pseudo-Trump Card benefits)
  • Blast Character Expends the Blast Gauge

Another change is you choose a "Blast Character" now in addition to a support character. Where as support characters acted like MVC3 assists "Blast Characters" act as a buff to various things that is passive. There are 3 types of blast abilities.

POWERUP-increases duration of powerup
COMBO-increases range on stuff during combo
ESCAPE-not certain. I think maybe it involves the cooldown on this one since it had the worst out of all three blast types but again...not sure.

These basically impact your blast things when you use either the neutral blast (powerup), the Combo blast (you hit it during a combo), or the escape blast (when you use up your blast to combo break).

Top Bottom