• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DESIGN FROM KAZ'S ASS: PS4 leaked via teaser promo E3 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3trQXK8oBS4

2013-05-1319_02_27-yoyhsyw.png

Sexy box.

VanWinkle

Doesn't look legit. The zoomed out shot just doesn't look realistic nor good (that enormous Sony logo and tiny USB ports look off), although the close up shots do look nice.

Midou

Same thing for the "compact disc" appearing on the box. They were likely working on this commercial before the final design/features were even confirmed.

Yeah, I've done a bit of basic 3D modelling of CD/DVD players and the likes in highschool and I'd strap on a generic image like that for some 'authenticity', not a proper indicator of fake exactly.

Mobius1

Looks fake to me. The production value is pretty low and it feels like it's trying to copy older Playstation ads. Sony is capable of more forward-thinking campaigns.

jaypah

This looks stupid. It sounds stupid. The word "huh" sounds like it was spoken by someone who never heard the word in any context ever. Not to mention Sony would probably have at least a little game footage that couldn't have been ripped from available YouTube videos. So I'll just assume that a guy/gal got 3 of their friends and a kid and slapped together a nice video.

In the event that it is real I don't have a problem with the look of the box at all, aside from them giving me the option to turn that obnoxious Tron strip off. That's the only obstacle. An obnoxious obstacle. An 'Obnoxtacle', if you will.

see5harp

Looks like a modern day VCR. Surrounding your console with LED's is all sorts of dumb. Please let there be a window on the side so that people can look inside to see all them fans spin.

The LED Strip makes this completely fake. No console, set top box, etc will want to emit that much light from under the TV. Talk about distracting. Also all of the gameplay shown was from things we have already seen. This is just a well put together fan art/commercial/promo/thing.

A console with all those lights on the front would be a waste. I dont want a glowing console. Im pretty sure everyone turned off the glowing blue Wii lights after 2 days.

Looks like some kind of futuristic mock-up. I'm inclined not to believe it.

I don't dislike the design however. Very tron. (Though I could imagine that bright line being irritating in a dark room, which is in large part why I don't believe it.)

This could easily be an earlier version before they had final approval. I work in design and we have multiple versions of files all the time that are reviewed and edited by a number of people.

Same thing for the "compact disc" appearing on the box. They were likely working on this commercial before the final design/features were even confirmed.

But you would have raw footage of just the PS4 logo. Someone wouldn't put the PSEye in there, even if it was early concept.

I do like that design (maybe because I love Tron, lol) and having that bright LED light wouldn't be as distracting as some would think. I do feel like it may not be a legit design but I do like it.

Top Bottom