• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Free Trial (PC/ PS4/XBO) Begins November 28th

Koeta

Game is loads of fun, already 130 hours into the PC version and just beat the Raid boss last night for the first time ('-')b

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Is it unlimited hours just a level cap?
Damn ill give it a go.

Sailent

Banned
Was about to give it a try again. Then I remembered the beta. God damn it was awful.

Just paused the download. Maybe in a couple years...

MaKTaiL

Is the trial running on a lower resolution on PS4? Because holy sh**, it looks VERY blurry and lots of jaggies here.

kikonawa

main install was 790 mb or something like that.
now the ingame download of 30gb is extreeeeeeemly slow...
and if i leave the ps4 alone, it will go in sleep mode and wont download anymore?
(took 2 hours for 2%)

Trill O'Reilly

Neo Member
main install was 790 mb or something like that.
now the ingame download of 30gb is extreeeeeeemly slow...
and if i leave the ps4 alone, it will go in sleep mode and wont download anymore?
(took 2 hours for 2%)
You can set your ps4 to update/download in rest mode...usually it’s faster because less apps are running...

MrBenchmark

can you play this on pc again if you played the beta and if so how to get it going didn't see how when i looked earlier.

It’s working now.

BashNasty

It's so weird reading all the hate about Destiny 2.

I picked it up first on PS4 and played it there for about 40 hours and loved it.

Then I picked up my "real" copy of Destiny 2 on PC and have continued to play it there for about 80 hours and counting.

Don't believe all these weird Internet lies people. Destiny 2 is fantastic, the main thing that matters in a shooter, the shooting, is top-class and everything else falls into place from there.

MrBenchmark

I picked it up first on PS4 and played it there for about 40 hours and loved it.

Then I picked up my "real" copy of Destiny 2 on PC and have continued to play it there for about 80 hours and counting.

Don't believe all these weird Internet lies people. Destiny 2 is fantastic, the main thing that matters in a shooter, the shooting, is top-class and everything else falls into place from there.

I'm a hardcore long time player of D1 and D2 it ain't sunshine and rainbows right now at all man D2 is in a far worse place right now than D1 was at this point. Bungie has been too cocky for too long and the game has too many issues for that level of cocky! once you hit max light and do the weekly power reward activities there ain't shit too do it's flat boring.

amdb00mer

So, I'm a bit of a hypocrite. I said I would not buy Destiny 2 until they released the GOTY edition and it was on sale. I was able to pick it up for 23.99 on Monday from Best Buy. Just waiting for it to arrive. I did, however, go ahead and download the so-called trial as it is still the full game, just cuts you off at level 7 and after a couple of missions, I believe. This way the game is already fully installed and all I have to do is put in my disk when it arrives.
Can anybody comment on XP rates since they turned the throttling switch off? Did they really raise the amount required per level now?

bee

think i'll check it out this weekend, not much interest in it though

The game, which launched on September 6th, became the best-selling game of 2017 after just one month of sales.

Probably not a flop so far..

so it sold over 22 million in september?

matmanx1

As a semi-casual PC player I am very satisfied with Destiny 2. It looks, feels and sounds great and I feel like I have enough to do on a weekly basis with the included milestones. And we're getting an expansion next week!

If you are just looking for a fun and great looking shooter with some MMO/RPG - lite elements then definitely check out the demo.

cormack12

Gold Member
Never really got into D1 - played it for a couple of months, but had D2 since launch. It fills a void for me. Good co-op fun. It's more of a jack of all trades than excellent at any one thing.

1. Enemy archetypes need improving. So fed up of cabal and fallen psions by now. The taken are just shadow versions basically. I was alreayd fed up of Vex from d1.....
2. The game is not a looker by any stretch. I play on the Pro and some if it looks decent but under any scrutiny textures are poor - in my opinion.
3. Solo players can progress quite easily - they don't need the nightfall or raid, though they help. Being part of a clan as well. Usually the Flashpoint EDZ and an hour of crucible can get you powergul gear at end level.
4. Co-op is good. They need to improve guided games. The clan app is terrible, needs improving. Also need clan management tools, to see who is active/contributing XP etc. so you can kick inactive because of the 99 player cap (100 if you don't want to run guided games). I might be ignorant of such management features I'll concede.
5. The loot is largely terrible, how many times does Prophet Snow need to drop? You have a few tweaks with the +5 mods etc. but the loadout will be pretty standard when you hit endgame. Might swap between one or two depending on endgame modifiers. I'm reasonably happy with the different types in the game, but none of them feel hugely different. And the perks don't differentiate them enough
6. The infusing/upgrading weapons is boring and awful. Base power and +mod power need to be more clearly defined in the UI. There should be other ways to improve the power in your weapon by using it at end game level rather than RNG drops and infusing. I don't think I've had a trace rifle drop in the last two months so can't infuse......
7. They need to add more content/scenario's for public events. There are like 5 or 6 I think and some are recycled from d1 (walker)? Really, that's all we get - even something like a basic horde mode would be good.

The core of a really good game is there. The jump from d1 to d2 was not big enough in terms of content, and is actually a step down in the eyes and words of those who played d1 for a significant amount of time.

I'd say it's worth jumping in, although I'm not sure what they've done with the XP. I thought they modified it only for those earning bright engrams but if the normal slog to level 20 has beocme more of a grind, I'd be tempted to say pass.

IISANDERII

I’m not sure who to believe! Is the shooting similar to D1? I got really tired of the overly generous handholding aim assisted headshots in D1.
Also, the D2 beta bored me and I couldn’t even finish it. Maybe the full game won’t.

I’m not sure who to believe! Is the shooting similar to D1? I got really tired of the overly generous handholding aim assisted headshots in D1.
Also, the D2 beta bored me and I couldn’t even finish it. Maybe the full game won’t.

Depends on platform. Console it’s definitely toned down vs D1 but you’ll have to be the judge. PC is actually increased if you’re using a controller to compensate and make them at least somewhat competitive vs mouse and keyboard

Eh...I cant help but have a "whatever" response. The main problem from my perspective is that they conditioned people like me to just wait it out and get the inevitable Legendary or Collection edition in a year or two. I've had fun with D1 Collection and feel like I got $20 worth of fun out of it already only playing sporadically over the past few months. But I would've been kinda pissed buying it at launch. D2 sounds like it has a better single player loop, so I'm looking forward to that...but, again, I see no reason to rush the purchase. A lot of people I know burned thru the available content really quickly and returned to playing D1. So, I'll probably see some of y'all on there in 12-18 months.

Eh, will download to see how it looks on the X in December. Besides that, I got my play time with it for the first few weeks on PS4.

I think "BR" games stole Destiny's spotlight

Screen_Shot_2017-11-29_at_5.25.12_PM.png

Top Bottom