• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

She got sick of Oryx's shit so drove her fleet into a black hole to become stronger.

I'd say she's on the same threat level.

Mara Sov isn't around to save our ass this time either.

Also there's never been anything more than hints that the Queen's alive right? I remember there being some little hints and such surrounding that in the TTK postgame, and Eris going missing alludes to developments as well

LiK

tbh this time around all of the armor sets for all classes are pretty questionable.

Iron Banner and Faction NPCs better bring the hype.

IB gear tends to look pretty nice so I'm excited for the new gear. Also, more fur pls.

How are you guys using your shaders? I was hoarding mine at first. But screw it. Gotta look fabulous.

Hunter wears full road complex set with monochromatic legendary shader.
Titan wears full devastation set with metro shift
Warlock wears full philomat set with golden trace. Not sure if it's golden trace actually, but it's black and gold.

Weapons: Better devils with Calus' chosen, Last hope and uriel's gift with some prime omolon shader.

Cold heart counts as an auto rifle. Use auto rifles to infuse it.

I went for the Star Wars look.

87fd0e10a03d2e218bbca76957c88636.png

Personally I prefer it with more color, but this matches the actual design of the armor more.

Cornbread78

Yup. Timed out on the boss, actually. Getting through the phase where multiple waves of Fallen come at you was the trouble.

Changing up my gear for tonight, giving it another few rounds.

If they have given us at least 1 heavy ammo drop we might have been able to do it, but nope..... We got the big FU.....

X-Frame

For anyone with a Human or Awoken character, it seems like the lightning at The Farm makes them look awkward and not like they should. Does this improve through the game and to the end game times where you can have your helmet off?

I’m just curious if this is a one time thing (or just at The Farm) or if they always look poor to you even after getting new outfits.

It seems eyes and lips and hair look quite bad even on PS4 Pro for Human and Awoken characters while on The Farm.

GhaleonEB

Farm Io. Armor set is worth it visually, although it turns down agility to 7 sadly.

What does agility top out at? I just added a couple of agility mods and went from 7 to 10 and the difference is yuuuuuuge. Can it go over 10? I'm wondering if the MIDA, when I get it, will bump it up further.

R0ckman

Naile d it. The Diablo comparison is perfect because Bungie consulted Blizzard after the Vanilla Destiny launch and made several changes to its loot system to make it more rewarding and the loot consistent. They needed to take the next step and include sets that grant various bonuses when equipped just like in Diablo, but they actually nerfed armor effects by removing the Intelligence, melee and grenade bonuses entirely.

Diablo never worried about me becoming OP. I spent close to a hundred hours in that game chasing sets to make my favorite weapons even more OP. I had zero issues hitting the max level because their end game gave me a small bonus i could put towards my skills for every level I hit after hitting max level. Every XP mattered. Every loot drop allowed you to buy more gems, modify more weapons to place more gems, and just try out different builds.

Bungie is so focused on making sure we dont hit max light level they ended up making all of these PvE activities obsolete. I was stuck on 285 for four days and then in one day i went to 292. now i have to wait until next week to level up? If the hard mode raid is 330 or 350, why cant the game let me level up to 330 in preparation for the raid?

P.S A lot of this is because they want to keep pvp and pve in sync. This makes it so you could never make armor sets, weapon enhancements and other perks too op because obviously everyone would abuse them in pvp. that's why they should've kept PVP entirely separate.

They honestly should just not care, the only thing that happened to pvp in D1 because of the balancing mess is that no one took it seriously.

OG Fatebringer was way better than Sunshot. Firefly used to be devasting, explosive rounds would shake your screen, and it had ridiculous range. And 13 rounds.

Then firefly got nerfed, explosive rounds got nerfed, the range got nerfed, and the mag got nerfed.

Sunshot is better than FB now, but the original Fatebringer was more of an Exotic.

OG Fatebringer was my favourite gun in FPS history

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I forgot that I finally spent some time with Riskrunner.
It is outstanding. You can self-trigger the perk with arc grenade damage as well.

The
doggies
have a weakness to swords, especially anything with Whirlwind Blade.

I want that shotgun pretty bad though.

Riskrunner is so much fun, paired it with Origin Story in the Crucible today, was amazing!

Cornbread78

OG Fatebringer was my favourite gun in FPS history

nah, the hand canon in Resistance 2 clowns Fate....

?I was running Origin Story and Sun Shot for the longest time, but now that I got my Hard Light and as an Energy Weapon, I'll just have to run with 2 ARs. Switching guns is faster than reloading anyhow...

TyrantII

What does agility top out at? I just added a couple of agility mods and went from 7 to 10 and the difference is yuuuuuuge. Can it go over 10? I'm wondering if the MIDA, when I get it, will bump it up further.

I haven't seen anything over 10, but I'm wondering if that's just the limit on the display page and if there's hidden stuff like the different armor "classes" in D1.

I haven't really seen a good breakdown of armor stats and mods yet.

LiK

I want to Raid so I can stop dodging spoilers but I don't want anything from it. Maybe I should just watch a playthrough lol.

Good luck finding a group who is completely blind to it by now. I haven't played it yet but I watched a ton of video guides. Not worth playing blind unless you have 12-15 hours to spare.

Langy

Anyone want to join for a raid? experienced group looking to do it pretty quick, so ideally want someone who knows the score. At first encounter now...

Daemul

Did all the Milestones for the week? No need for Alts. I only have one Guardian and she's 295.

Yep, same for me.

I was planning on making three Hunters like I did in D1 since I didn't like playing as the other two classes during the Beta, as well as to boost my LL faster, but in the week that I've had the game I've already reached 295 with just one Hunter on my main loadout, with none of my other loadouts taking me below 293. I haven't even done the Raid once since it got released.

I have no intention of going through with my original plan of having three characters, there is no point.

Are the Titan's Lion Rampant exotic boots one of the worst exotics ever? I can't even tell the difference with those on. Am I missing something? Why not give them something cool like Twilight Garrison's dodge instead of "improved maneuvering"?

AaronMT86

Wraps of Sekris

”My stealth drive kept me secret. I just watched. To my dismay, the dead Light stood up. Shook himself off."—Sekris, Baron of Shanks

Robes of Sekris

”There was a sixth Light. He cut me and I cut him, but I had more arms. He fell in pieces." —Sekris, Baron of Shanks

Boots of Sekris

”The fiercest Light emerged from the tangle of the web grenade. The amethyst divider on his helmet gleamed with rage. I was gone by then. I'm no fool." Sekris, Baron of Shanks

Mask of Sekris

”Five Lights. Too many to fight. I loosed web grenades and fled."—Sekris, Baron of Shanks

Imperial Shadow's Bond

”I never forgot what I saw. The gift the Great Machine could bestow. And Calus promised me more." Sekris, Baron of Shanks

Whoever this Fallen Sekris was it sought power from Calus

Are the Titan's Lion Rampant exotic boots one of the worst exotics ever? I can't even tell the difference with those on. Am I missing something? Why not give them something cool like Twilight Garrison's dodge instead of "improved maneuvering"?

They look pretty sweet, at least. But yeah, there are better Titan exotics, like the Actium War Rig.

TyrantII

Hand cannons finally clicked with me once I got Better Devils. I have been running it as my primary in all PvE content and it feels great. Pair it up with Uriel's Gift in the energy slot and it is a well rounded load out. I forgot how satisfying OHK head shots are with hand cannons.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I never got the Fatebringer. Could never beat Atheon on hard mode in vanilla destiny and in year 2, all those 30 minute hard runs only got me one vex.

Top Bottom