• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Vorheez

Is there a consensus on the "best" subclass yet? I thought it was Voidwalker with devour, but after playing Arc buddy Stormdude, I don't know :/. Those two feel best to me out of all the other classes I've tried

Is there a full-auto scout rifle with high caliber rounds? Tone Patrol with full-auto instead of Dragonfly would be literally the exact rifle I had in D1 that I loved. Anything like that exist?

Whoyouare

21994393_10214219860511795_5682185472869743177_o.jpg

LoVe it! great run this morn

CLBridges

Yeah, I'm definitely in the "Don't nerf anything, Bungie!" crowd. Bring other guns up and keep the variety in tact. Please don't make pve suffer because of PvP complaints....again.

gatti-man

But it's setup the exact same as year 1 Trials with no SBMM?

Idk what to say I went flawless every weekend year one for months. This time it's flatly impossible. I think having it 4v4 is a barrier to more casuals because they need an extra person. There isn't any forgiveness tokens and Bungie also is encouraging people to go flawless over and over with that counting banner so teams just stay in all weekend.

bumpkin

Once you’re at Trostland you should identify a blue marker on your map (hold the Touchpad) pointing you to Devrim, an NPC on the second floor or a church in the middle of the area. Once you talk to him you’ll have an adventure (orange logo on your map) which will give you an objective (scan this, find a chest, scan that, check out the basement). It’s a tutorial of sorts showing you how to activate mission markers and follow the map/minimap arrow.
You need to speak to Devrim in Trostland and follow his directions. He will be the green "person" marker on the map. Make sure you actually accepted the mission from Hawthorne as well. If there is still a red mission marker in the Farm then you haven't accepted it yet.
Thanks guys. So on the map under Destinations in the Director, there is a pulsing icon that looks like a stylized “n.” Do I “Track” that and then travel to Trostland?

Ugh...nightfall with timer, and my light level being 240. I understand why people want people with light level of 290 to even attempt this on normal...but seriously who thought this was a good method of adding difficulty by implementing timer. It's not even a good kind of difficult.

gatti-man

Yeah, I'm definitely in the "Don't nerf anything, Bungie!" crowd. Bring other guns up and keep the variety in tact. Please don't make pve suffer because of PvP complaints....again.

There is no way to fix mida in pvp without nerfing it. Bungie needs to seperate pvp and pve. Yeah it's going to mess it up in pve, that's Bungies fault not the people who are asking for an obvious nerf.

gatti-man

There is no best class. I'd say this is the most balance it's ever been. All have strength and weaknesses.

Warlocks are insanely OP in pvp. Melee heal is ridiculous and broken, that plus healing rift is LOLOLOL. Then Devour makes it a wtf is Bungie thinking type of imbalance.

ocean

Banned
The amount of kids trying to run those side arms this week and getting dumpstered was hilarious.
“If Lumi can do it so can I”

Sidearms are definitely viable, specially for jump shooters, but there’s a skill gap at hand there. Most will stick to easy-mode ARs (like me lol)

Zocano

There is no best class. I'd say this is the most balance it's ever been. All have strength and weaknesses.

Agreed I just wish my titan bubble did, well, anything. Without my almighty savior saint-14, I don't get my blind bubble roadblock but the titan shield wall already does that so I feel like the bubble just doesn't have any reason to exist. Feels like they put it in just to have it.

I'd wear an exotic just to give the bubble blessing of light.

Triz

Just checking, I have a couple raid keys from completing the Gauntlet and Bathhouse...I can only cash these in if I beat Callous right? Do they stack if I get multiple?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Warlocks are insanely OP in pvp. Melee heal is ridiculous and broken, that plus healing rift is LOLOLOL. Then Devour makes it a wtf is Bungie thinking type of imbalance.

They are slow as dirt and have the weakest long range options ala trials than the other two classes. Every class is viable in PVP for various tasks unlike D1 where for a long time Hunters dominated and then Titans, etc.

Lukemon

Just checking, I have a couple raid keys from completing the Gauntlet and Bathhouse...I can only cash these in if I beat Callous right? Do they stack if I get multiple?

You can access any of the chests from the underbelly at any time, provided you can get there and navigate that horrible maze. And no, they don't stack, and I think you lose them at weekly reset anyway.

jviggy43

I think that's mostly just cause pulse grenade damage is wack as fuck. Like the damage is crazy high.

Oh yeah thats what i mean. Whether its in PvE for bosses or in Trails when trying to get people off the bomb, theyre insane with how much damage they pump out.

This is why Destiny ended up being the shell of its original self by year 3.

X is popular, therefore OP. Please nerf.
Bungie nerfs and everybody flocks to Y.
Y is popular, therefore OP. Please nerf.

Repeat until NLB+Sidearm goes from home handicap trash Loadout to legit meta.

Nothing about MIDA is OP. Mess with it and you’ll just have Nameless Midnight take its place within a day - and what then? The game will be exactly the same as it was the day before but you’ll have a different name up on top.

When people said TLW/Thorn were OP in HoW they meant “there’s 2 guns with sub-0.45s TTK while everything else is over 0.8s” - a situation where you genuinely couldn’t compete unless you used these things. Not “these are the most popular guns”; but rather “there is no instance you’ll win a 1v1 using anything else”.

In D2, MIDA is convenient, easy to get, easy to use, and a good enough performer to be viable. But you can absolutely use other stuff viably: whether it’s Midnight, Nightshade, Origin Story or probably a good number of other things I haven’t tried.

MIDA+Uriel’s is great but I’ve seen sweaty ass players do amazingly well in Trials using different stuff like:

Pervyyy: Better Devils + Pulse
ZL_Chriss: Nameless Midnight + Sidearm
SaturdayNights: Nightshade + Prosecutor
TripleWreck: Origin Story + SMG
WarBuiietproof: SMG + AR
Insanity: Better Devils + AR
Frostbolt: Better Devils + PR

When Destiny has had legitimately OP stuff you’d never see this kind of variety. MIDA accounts for ~34% of Trials kills right now- it’s absolutely the most popular. But I don’t think it’s anywhere near a must-own, must-use necessity the way other stuff has been at times.

I’m sure Bungie is all too keen to hammer it out of existence with their famously unsubtle nerfs and whatever it’s fine I guess. But when players jump the gun and scream for nerfs for stuff that is marginally better or more popular you just end up making the game worse.

The only thing you mentioned in this entire reply that's relevant to the discussion is Mida accounts for ~34% of Trials kills. Everything else is arguing against points that I'm not making or pointing out Top 1% players seeing success with different loadouts because they're top 1% players.

I mean, TripleWreck can make the Tractor Cannon look strong. And he's got a good deal of clips of him embarrassing people with the gun that most people try a bit and dismantle immediately afterwards.

And from TripleWreck himself:

Ari‏ @tripleWRECK Sep 16
D1 MIDA with High Caliber Rounds was broken so it was removed but now it's back in D2?! The random flinch is insane and lowers the skillgap.

Ari‏ @tripleWRECK Sep 17
To clarify further: I dislike all flinch perks in PvP. I only mentioned MIDA because it's already so good and is easily acquirable. 1/3

Ari‏ @tripleWRECK Sep 17
In case you forgot: it was a major issue in D1 with MIDA & Clever Dragon. High random flinch undermines D2's amazing primary gunfights. 2/3

Ari‏ @tripleWRECK Sep 17
All things being equal: the better player should always win the gunfight. Perks like HCR often leave the outcome up to a dice roll. 3/3

People need to stop with the "Don't nerf anything ever Bungie!" whiplash responses and actually look at how the guns perform.

jviggy43

I'd much rather they buff other weapons than do what they did in D1 and nerf everything. But its very obviously going to be the latter in D2.

GhaleonEB

The only thing you mentioned in this entire reply that's relevant to the discussion is Mida accounts for ~34% of Trials kills. Everything else is arguing against points that I'm not making or pointing out Top 1% players seeing success with different loadouts because they're top 1% players.

I mean, TripleWreck can make the Tractor Cannon look strong. And he's got a good deal of clips of him embarrassing people with the gun that most people try a bit and dismantle immediately afterwards.

And from TripleWreck himself:

People need to stop with the "Don't nerf anything ever Bungie!" whiplash responses and actually look at how the guns perform.

I can't speak to PvP balance right now (I haven't played Crucible), but in D1 Bungie nerfed the hell out of weapons in part just because they were popular (per Bungie's explanations in the BWU). Including guns that the game straight up gave everyone early on, so most of the population just had it. Which is the situation now with MIDA.

The patch where they nerfed MIDA by removing high impact rounds drove me away from the game for six months. If they do whack it for PvP, I hope it doesn't affect PvE. That's how they destroyed the sandbox last time around.

Zereta

We need two more for Trials. I'm not the best Crucible player but I do well most of the time :) PSN: Zeretius

EDIT: We just need one more now.

MrDaravon

The patch where they nerfed MIDA by removing high impact rounds drove me away from the game for six months. If they do whack it for PvP, I hope it doesn't affect PvE. That's how they destroyed the sandbox last time around.

Yup. I'm already expecting it and planning on taking a break when it happens.

Separating PvP and PvE would probably get me to play Destiny as my main game year-round, it continues to bum me out.

Rocketz

Nightmare is slain. Beat the nightfall.

Thank god I cheesed it or we would have ran out of time. I gain a bunch of time doing it. Fuck that boss running away wasting time.

I'm looking for a Xbox One team to help me through the raid. Almost 290 but I'm notoriously late at doing the raids so I'd love a guide and get it done proper. I'd be willing to do it tonight but tomorrow works.

Mindlog

Complaining about PvP did the trick. I had far more fun (close games) on my last character. Still a lot of stomps, but I will cheer those close games when they come. Even had a game of supremacy that went into over time and clutched the win with a 1v2 victory and crests secured.
I can't speak to PvP balance right now (I haven't played Crucible), but in D1 Bungie nerfed the hell out of weapons in part just because they were popular (per Bungie's explanations in the BWU). Including guns that the game straight up gave everyone early on, so most of the population just had it. Which is the situation now with MIDA.

Completely understandable.
The only time PvE ever threw dirt on PvP was Thorn. After that it was pretty much non-stop PvP screwing PvE.

I thought the original PvE only shotgun buff was way overboard, but that's also a singular occurrence. Everything else has been; 'Hey, stop using that!'

Top Bottom