• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Isn't bungie super proud about their "no crunch" culture? I swear I read an interview when RoI released about this being their 3rd or 4th release without crunch...

They could do with some crunch to actually release something which isn't a stripped down version of a previous iteration in the series...

traveler

Not Wario
So rotate the maintenance? It's more work and more staff, but at least it's fair. The current maintenance window is perfect for me, but I can understand why it would be incredibly aggravating if a 4-8 hour window during my prime time was taken up with server maintenance every single week.

I don't agree with Grave's tone, but I assume that was more aggravation than anything else since the argument he is responding to (Bungie staff would have to work overnight in addition to their normal hours) is ridiculous.

How is it ridiculous? Bungie is on the West Coast. They work a standard work day plus some odds hours on both ends for crunch, sure, at PST times. Asking them to completely screw up sleep schedules to "rotate outage windows for fairness" is pretty absurd.

They could do with some crunch to actually release something which isn't a stripped down version of a previous iteration in the series...

Yall critique the game all you want, but encouraging crunch culture is disgusting.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's not "required." It's a milestone for the people that like PvP.

This is like saying, "how about they don't require Nightfall for one of the milestones."

They spread the milestones to different types of content to support the people who play those types of content.
Like I said, they require PVP for one of the milestones. Don’t be bitter that those of us who don’t like PVP match into PVP games without a care and lower the quality.

They want to install a Dictator Monarch. No thanks.

A Monarch elected by the Consensus, but only after the Consensus agree to disband. Basically, the new monarchy would have the support of all three factions and the Vanguard. It's not ideal, but it's not a decision they make alone.

If the Consensus decide not to disband, there is no change. Their motto is, "Together we will rise" and I think the keyword there is together.

GlamFM

Banned
Meh.... it’s getting really ugly in here.

Can we go back to being the best gaming community on the internet please?

Like I said, they require PVP for one of the milestones. Don’t be bitter that those of us who don’t like PVP match into PVP games without a care and lower the quality.

I'm not bitter in the slightest. I'm pointing out how silly that specific comment is. Play what you want, however you want. Put as much effort, small or great, as you'd like. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Regardless, it's silly to say that a path of progression should be removed from PvP because you don't like PvP. It's less silly to be bothered by someone on your team intentionally playing poorly.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm not bitter in the slightest. I'm pointing out how silly that specific comment is. Play what you want, however you want. Put as much effort, small or great, as you'd like. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Regardless, it's silly to say that a path of progression should be removed from PvP because you don't like PvP. It's less silly to be bothered by someone on your team intentionally playing poorly.

Who's intentionally playing poorly?

Me and my friend on Xbox looking to raid need 4 others. Have little experience.
Definitely get into the DestinyGAF discord and try there as well. There’s an Xbox LFG channel with about 30 or so people usually , we have been setting up some raids through there.

Discord info is in the first post of the OT.

MazeHaze

Banned
Woah. Are you really so mad about a video game that you want to insist that a few hundred people work 100 hour weeks for months on end for shitty pay, so that you can have more fun? It might be time to go outside.

B-Ri

Any PS4 raid help tonight would be greatly appreciated. Had to cycle through a few fireteams and help them in sections I already completed before finally reaching Calus, I don’t wanna miss anything before the reset.

Also, I think we missed the chest on the tower relay section? The elevator took us down and we heard a chest go off ...

A Monarch elected by the Consensus, but only after the Consensus agree to disband. Basically, the new monarchy would have the support of all three factions and the Vanguard. It's not ideal, but it's not a decision they make alone.

If the Consensus decide not to disband, there is no change. Their motto is, "Together we will rise" and I think the keyword there is together.

To, by vote of the Consensus, abolish the Consensus, and transfer ultimate power, in order that the right and liberties of all citizens be secured, to a single sovereign of unimpeachable character.

This is one of their core tenets. You can't have New Monarchy lead without appointing a Sovereign. And history has shown that the most powerful guardians historically, are not incapable of corruption. There have been several who have done shady crap or straight up been turned by The Darkness. An unimpeachable sovereign is always a bad idea.

neoism

Now that's just silly. ~10 matches seemed fine to me before given that nightfalls can be pretty demanding and require success whereas call to arms you could kinda snooze through.

yea i thought it was a good amount to but i can see how ppl hate pvp its better...

i was one of those ppl that didnt do the ttk raid for like a month i did do that complete waste of time quest for pvp that was 682825242829276 steps just to get a 160 ugly ass RL����������
they patched it after i did it ��

need fourth for trails?

Me too if needed still

PSN: CarlosVato

ok coolbeans

CarlosVato
ne0ism-
coolguy44444
Netguy503

How is it ridiculous? Bungie is on the West Coast. They work a standard work day plus some odds hours on both ends for crunch, sure, at PST times. Asking them to completely screw up sleep schedules to "rotate outage windows for fairness" is pretty absurd.

Yall critique the game all you want, but encouraging crunch culture is disgusting.

As someone who works in software development
It's time to stop

damn dude.

Talk about being sensitive.

Someone said they don't do crunch, I make a comment that maybe they should due to shipping the game with a lack of content in comparison to what we left in D1.

Not mad at all, it would be nice to have some of the things that they changed and learned from in D1, that's all.

The sky is seriously falling.

Yeah you need play another game dude..D2 isnt for you

I quite enjoy it actually, just like I played D1 from day 1. Nothing wrong with looking for improvements.

Woah. Are you really so mad about a video game that you want to insist that a few hundred people work 100 hour weeks for months on end for shitty pay, so that you can have more fun? It might be time to go outside.

I go outside plenty thanks.

I leave my family for 6 months of the year for work too. It's a choice, just like long hours near release time happen whether we like it or not.

Who's intentionally playing poorly?

"Playing without a care" implies not playing to the best of your ability. And the post you originally commented to with your suggestion of removing the milestone, was about people "sleeping through Call to Arms," which is also a comment on not trying.

Not playing to the best of your ability is, inherently, intentionally playing poorly. If a player isn't great, that's rough but understandable. If you simply just don't want to try because you don't like it, well that's making a choice that negatively impacts your team. Which isn't understandable. So it shouldn't be a mystery as to why the latter bothers some people.

molnizzle

Fresh raid - 9AM EST tomorrow.

1.) molnizzle (PSN: molnizzle)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)

Preferably 290+, I'd like to down Calus without much issue.

This is one of their core tenets. You can't have New Monarchy lead without appointing a Sovereign. And history has shown that the most powerful guardians historically, are not incapable of corruption. There have been several who have done shady crap or straight up been turned by The Darkness. An unimpeachable sovereign is always a bad idea.

Unimpeachable character refers to someone that is honest, trustworthy and dependable, not someone that cannot be removed from power. Someone that is chosen by the leaders of the factions and vanguard.

Talk about being sensitive.

Someone said they don't do crunch, I make a comment that maybe they should due to shipping the game with a lack of content in comparison to what we left in D1.

The sky is seriously falling.
Comparing a launch title against 3 year's worth of content for the previous game?

You're insane.

They have no reason or need to do crunch.

Comparing a launch title against 3 year's worth of content for the previous game?

You're insane.

What's wrong with that?

I'm not saying they should have 3 years of content.

I'm saying they should have learned from the lack of content in the initial release (which they in fairness, kinda had a reason for) and improved second time around, while implementing some of the QoL changes they made in D1 rather than taking backwards steps in many areas.

Trakan

To everyone that is entitled, please do yourself a favor and don't ever speak about it ever again because you just make yourself look bad.

Not every company has to follow companies that have people working graveyard shifts for maintenance. When a company CARES about their employees, that shows a lot more to me, personally, than a company that treats their employees like crap. I'm not saying by having some people work graveyards = treating like crap.

If 6-8 hours (it was actually 7 hours today, 1 hour short of the 2 extended hours), out of 168 hours of the week being down is affecting you, there are clearly other issues than Destiny being down.

Having an opinion doesn't make you entitled. I'm going to comment on their incompetence every time it happens. I don't have the patience for it.

If it doesn't inconvenience you, that's great. You don't have a reason to even discuss it then.

Seriously, anyone who says someone could do some crunch needs to literally STOP. STOP STOP STOP. That is being very ignorant and quite honestly disrespectful.

Having an opinion doesn't make you entitled. I'm going to comment on their incompetence every time it happens. I don't have the patience for it.

If it doesn't inconvenience you, that's great. You don't have a reason to even discuss it then.

I didn't say whether it inconveniences me or not because that is not the issue. The issue is people that say negative things about Bungie/devs because of a maintenance and that try to defend it. Also saying stuff like crunch is needed. All of that is extremely negative and there is no place for that here.

Also, you're wrong. Comments like the game should be up 24-7 and I paid such and such, or that they need to crunch or swap hours, etc., that's entitled as entitled can get.

Unimpeachable character refers to someone that is honest, trustworthy and dependable, not someone that cannot be removed from power. Someone that is chosen by the leaders of the factions and vanguard.

And I addressed that when I mentioned that there is no one who has unimpeachable character.

That they title the leader as Sovereign is what implies that the person they appoint is unimpeachable in their role.

Edit: And the Sovereign is chosen by the Consensus and then the Consensus is abolished... so there is no election after the fact. Guardians live forever unless their light is taken, so with no election process post initial appointment, there's not even a system of lineage that gets applied. The Sovereign is the Sovereign pretty much forever unless they get taken out like The Speaker.

Top Bottom