• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Over 1 Million Daily Active Users, Over 6 Million Monthly Active Users

ethomaz

Banned
Yet not at the same level than Destiny 1 but it is reaching there.

The total daily population for June 16 sits at 1.01 million, with 963,000 players in PvE, 472,000 in Crucible, 319,000 in Gambit, and 139,000 raiding. (Obviously, some players are hopping into multiple activity types.) The data comes from the Charlemagne bot (via Pyro Gaming) and is pretty consistent over the past week – though naturally, the weekends are slightly more populous than weekdays.

More broadly, we know that Destiny encompassed around six million monthly active users by the end of 2018 – just before Bungie bought back the rights to the series and split with Activision. The publisher reported in recent financial results a loss of 12 million monthly active users over the previous quarter, and “around half” of that number is accounted for by the loss of the series.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Just wait until September when it becomes free to play and Shadowkeep releases. This game is going to explode.

Last edited:

dottme

I’m really impress how this game stick. But they burnt all my goodwill with the Destiny 1 release, so it’ll be without me.

Ticklingyou

Neo Member
I feel it’s going to be a rebirth for Destiny when it goes free to play. Next year when you can play it anywhere with stadia for free another be boom as well

zeorhymer

I'm thinking people are waiting for D3 to drop after the announcement the Bungie will do their own thing. It's good that folks are still playing.

Holammer

I wonder how much the Battle.net exclusive hurt the game. Yes, we all love Blizzard, but most of my friends did not even care to get D2 for free when they gave it away and I only tried it because of the Humble Monthly. Even then I figured the game must be in deep doo-doo if they slap it in a bundle.

ethomaz

Banned
I wonder how much the Battle.net exclusive hurt the game. Yes, we all love Blizzard, but most of my friends did not even care to get D2 for free when they gave it away and I only tried it because of the Humble Monthly. Even then I figured the game must be in deep doo-doo if they slap it in a bundle.
Destiny will be always free near the launch of a big Expansion called Year.
That happens since 2014.
But you know it is free the base game and you need the expansion priced at full released to play most of the activities.

Codes 208

I absolutely hated D2 at launch. After being promised “its like destiny without the bullshit” (which it WASNT, it was almost 1;1 with d1 but with more added bullshit)

But Forsaken really helped bring me back. The game gets a lot of shit but kudos bungie for actually turning the ship around.

ethomaz

Banned
I absolutely hated D2 at launch. After being promised “its like destiny without the bullshit” (which it WASNT, it was almost 1;1 with d1 but with more added bullshit)

But Forsaken really helped bring me back. The game gets a lot of shit but kudos bungie for actually turning the ship around.
Destiny 2 was more like the bullshit without Destiny 1 lol

Glad they found the way.

Last edited:

MastAndo

It's cool to see this game succeeding. I'm itching to play, but with the cross-save coming, I'm in Destiny limbo right now - I have about 150 hours on my PS4 character, but after trying it on PC, it's impossible to go back. It's a slideshow compared to that 60+ fps (and maxed FOV) goodness on PC. I really wish Bungie would just flip the switch early and get the cross saves going sooner rather than later.

VertigoOA

Banned
Somewhere around 1.3 currently with the latest dlc drop.

Forsaken helped active numbers grow and stay consistent since it’s release. No major drop offs, in fact momentum was building these last few months.

Shadowkeep doesn’t even require the purchase of prior content either of any kind. You can jump right in for 35$. It’s bizarre how everything is a la carte now ... any entry point in a way.

F2P destiny is looking to compete with fortnite at this point. Destiny has defeated all challengers so far these last 5 years. It has enough content where I think they appease a casual mass. Not sure strikes, gambit and gambit prime, crucible and the three year 1 raids is enough however but it’s far more appealing than the vanilla giveaways they did ... and it brings players right to end game... I don’t think most casuals even got there, or unlocked dreaming city.

Regardless, it’s gonna see growth due to a number of reasons... mostly the f2p, stadia will possibly bring in new demographics if the platform takes off and D2 is indeed its flagship game. Ironically stadia owners get the full game free indefinitely and not the f2p versions.

Cross-save and cross progression is huge for me tho. I’m very excited to take my old xbox IRL buddies into raids for the first time. They play the game crazy but still been assed out of the good stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom