• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Livestream [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
4 planets only, check

One of the locations on Earth is exactly the same as one that was supposed to come out on Destiny 1, check

New guardian supers are completely copies from old ones, check

Graphics look basically the same, check

New planets look a lot like Venus, from Vex to the Guarden, lots of reused textures from Destiny 1, check

DLCs planned with content that was cut out from the original game, check

It's like I'm back on 2014 again.
I hate to sound so pessimistic, but I agree :(

Destiny 1 had a good foundation. Idk why some of you thought Bungie was gonna scrap all of that for the sequel. You keep what worked well and you build it up. It seems like some of y'all wanted this to be something else. That something else isn't Destiny. What they're showing now is Destiny.

If online gaming has taught me anything, is that whenever you have a premade and you are just looking for one more person, that that person is going to be treated like shit.

well yeah, there are some clans like that.

Think Bungie will find ways to quell that though, and that's interesting for me.

ultron87

I'm glad they are making good on all their big talk about Community from the first game, where it was essentially impossible to meet players in game.

InPlosion

Could people elaborate on their posts at all? Hot takes with no context are annoying.

That kind of "forced" interaction does not work at all.
What happened in cataclysm is that people ended up joining giant guilds that were top level already, just to get perks, without ever talking or interacting.

Social interaction should happen naturally, without devs trying to "force" it in, by baiting players with extrinsic rewards.

Blizzard ditched that kind of guild based progression system ages ago, because it, DEMONSTRABLY, does not work.

Nasbin

Well, here's to hoping raids don't go the way of WoW dungeons because of LFG. Trying to design content for both randoms on gamepads and coordinated groups all with mouse+keyboard sounds rough to balance.

oneils

It really does seem like an expansion. For better or worse it was it is. I'll probably end up getting it as the qol elements make it worth it to me. However, it really does feel like this is the game that should have been originally released back in 2014.

Still need more info. How many environments in total are there etc?

4 planets only, check

One of the locations on Earth is exactly the same as one that was supposed to come out on Destiny 1, check

New planets look a lot like Venus, from Vex to the Guarden, lots of reused textures from Destiny 1, check

This is more of a half step than I was hoping for. Congrats to Activision though, they got people hook line and sinker to ride the exact train again, even gave up their characters they spent years with in the process. But hey, clans, a map, and you dont have to go to orbit!

dc89

4 planets only, check

God damn it.

:(

Jarmel

Banned
4 planets only, check

I just started watching. Is all of that true?

That kind of "forced" interaction does not work at all.
What happened in cataclysm is that people ended up joining giant guilds that were top level already, just to get perks, without ever talking or interacting.

Social interaction should happen naturally, without devs trying to "force" it in, by baiting players with extrinsic rewards.

Blizzard ditched that kind of guild based progression system ages ago, because it, DEMONSTRABLY, does not work.

Yet it works perfectly in Warframe and has for years. Funny that.

Quonny

A clan leveling system is a bad idea. It just leads to mega guilds where people don't talk and just use them for perks.

I really, really want to know how it makes it is a logical conclusion for anyone making this claim to say that the game is just an expansion level upgrade from Destiny based on literally 5 minutes of footages and brief descriptions of each mode.

We can only respond to what they show us. They aren't showing anything that looks drastically different. Which is fine, I loved D1. But, I was expecting this to be a much bigger game.

They took an extra year on this. I didn't expect it to just be a refined D1. I'm fine with it, like I said. I'll be there day one, as I loved the first. But, I can also be a bit disappointed at the lack of wow-factor they've displayed so far.

ZeoVGM

Banned
absolutely baffled at the exclusion of normal fucking matchmaking. Now I can only get paired up with dedicated tryhards. They talk about how toxic people can get, but are unaware that clans can be some of the worst lol. Gotta be fucking kidding me

Raids would be a disaster with normal matchmaking but this is close enough where it's fine.

But the Nightfall should just have normal matchmaking.

Shito

absolutely baffled at the exclusion of normal fucking matchmaking. Now I can only get paired up with dedicated tryhards. They talk about how toxic people can get, but are unaware that clans can be some of the worst lol. Gotta be fucking kidding me
You never played Destiny right? The community there is amazing in coop activities, in great parts because the game design rewards cooperation and never gives the occasion for players to antagonize others.
This guided games thing is a pretty clever idea.

I once got cussed out by a 12 year old for not knowing the order to go in during a LFG group Raid from the 100.

I most definitely do not know what he's talking about.

Strakt

4 planets only, check

Massive Whining check

Trying to find a negative in a positive check

Nothing will please you check

FyreWulff

matchmade raids would result in nerfing the fuck out of them to make them compatible with matchmaking. no thanks.

Gin-Shiio

I guess they have to announce this stuff but it mostly just highlights how destiny 1 was missing some really basic features

Pretty much. Kind of rubs me the wrong way how they present every improvement as a revolution of gaming, when it should have been in Destiny 1 as is.
Also, did the folks of Bungie pull a F&F marathon? So much talk about family.

GhaleonEB

4 planets only, check

This is largely BS. I really don't understand this level of cynicism.

BLCKATK

People saying no new enemies, it's way too early to say that shit. No new Factions sure, but each existing faction is getting completely new archetypes within them, and we haven't seen them yet.

Still way too early to call on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom