• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 trophies/achievements; reveals name of Raid

ZeoVGM

Banned
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/08/26/destiny-2-trophy-list-name-raid/

Platinum

Traveler’s Chosen
-Obtain all trophies in Destiny 2.

Gold

Zavala’s Lieutenant
-Acquire each Titan subclass

Cayde’s Pathfinder
-Acquire each Hunter subclass.

Ikora’s Protégé
-Acquire each Warlock subclass.

Show Me What You Got
-Complete Shaxx’s Call to Arms.

In A Flash
-Complete a Flashpoint.

Heart of Darkness
-Complete a Nightfall strike.

The Life Exotic
-Collect 15 exotic weapons or armor.

Challenge Accepted
-Complete 30 challenges.

Belly Of The Beast
-Complete
the Leviathan
raid.

The Prestige
-Complete
the Leviathan
raid or a Nightfall strike on Prestige difficulty.

Lest Ye Be Judged
-Encounter an Emissary from beyond.

Silver

The People’s Hero
-Complete a Heroic public event.

Long and Winding Road
-Reach level 20.

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/08/26/destiny-2-trophy-list-name-raid/#VXzjEq2AYprFrHP8.99

Possible story information on the Raid. It should be interesting to see how/if this ties into the main campaign.

The only mention of Leviathan in Destiny was in The Taken King, in reference to the history of the Hive Worm Gods. According to Destinypedia, Leviathan was a disciple of the Traveler that was killed and was fed to two of the Worm Gods, forcing the Traveler to flee.

“The Leviathan was a massive intelligent creature that resided deep within the ocean of the gas giant Fundament long ago. It was a disciple of the Traveler, and aided in imprisoning the five Worm Gods within the planet’s core. When the proto-Hive sisters Xi Ro, Sathona, and Aurash dove into Fundament’s depths in search of a secret that would prevent the Syzygy, an alignment of the gas giant’s fifty-two moons that would create a global tidal wave of catastrophic proportions, the Leviathan met them. Communicating with magnetic fields, it attempted to persuade them to return to the surface and follow the way of the Traveler and the Light, warning them against the seduction of the Deep, but the sisters rejected its pleas because it offered no way to end their species’ suffering and avert the Syzygy.

“Later, after the sisters had made a pact with the Worms, becoming the Hive and ravaging Fundament, the Leviathan tried to escape the planet’s surface and take shelter with the Ammonites of Fundament’s moons. The Ammonites sent their best forces to protect the Leviathan, whom they revered almost as much as the Traveler, but the Hive saw this as an opportunity. In one fell swoop, the Hive slew the Leviathan and destroyed the Ammonite civilization, forcing the Traveler to flee for its safety. The Leviathan’s corpse was fed to the Worm Gods Eir and Yul.”

Some people on Reddit, because they are crazy, also put this together.

This is the icon for the Raid trophy:

YDhUSas.png

This is the hoodie that Luke Smith was wearing during the Destiny 2 reveal:

Hut8v3p.png

And this is some Destiny 2 concept art that leaked a few months back. I'm putting it in spoiler tags because this could literally be the Raid. Just compare this image to Luke's hoodie:

Nesther

Most of them are gold so makes sense . Gotta leave room for trophies in all the expansions they will release . I think games have a set amount of trophies they can offer over their lifetime .

Excellent point regarding expansion pack trophies, makes sense.

Also no flawless raider trophy is such good news.

Skeletron

So where's the best place to go to read all the Destiny backstory that wasn't in the game? Should I just browse randomly through Destinypedia? The spoiler text sounds fucking awesome.

FyreWulff

Possibly they don't want to lock in certain playlists/setups having to exist this time, Destiny 1's achievements force Salvage to be available regardless of actual population

alt27

Looks like room for a ton of DLC... Makes me wonder if I should wait.

IMO it's best to keep up for the best experience . Sure it will cost more but the raids are always amazing done blind , and you just don't get that a year down the line . Most of your team would have played it or watched videos etc .

And I have a feeling this sequel will have very constant dlc , so more like a MMO than a console game . So waiting for it all will be crap unless your only playing the story by yourself and doing no co op stuff

Spades

This trophy list, for a game that many will play for hundreds/thousands hours, is frankly pathetic - and yet further evidence that Destiny is catering more and more towards casual players. How disappointing.

Frillen

What is the level cap? And do you have to get a special gear to get to it? How is it compared to the first one?

alt27

This trophy list, for a game that many will play for hundreds/thousands hours, is frankly pathetic - and yet further evidence that Destiny is catering more and more towards casual players. How disappointing.

Trophy lists are not a mark of a good game , I will gladly take a trophy list that's not filled with bullshit filler like do some stupid bizzare action that's off the point of the main game . This list looks like it's just for people that will play a fair amount . As it should be .

Spades

Trophy lists are not a mark of a good game , I will gladly take a trophy list that's not filled with bullshit filler like do some stupid bizzare action that's off the point of the main game . This list looks like it's just for people that will play a fair amount . As it should be .

OK, sure. But it's always nice to have things to do in a game that I played for 1500+ hours last time out and was notorious for content droughts. Is it not okay to be disappointed with the relative easiness/lack of grind involved with the achievements listed so far?

alt27

OK, sure. But it's always nice to have things to do in a game that I played for 1500+ hours last time out and was notorious for content droughts. Is it not okay to be disappointed with the relative easiness/lack of grind involved with the achievements listed so far?

Sure it's fine to be disappointed , but even with D1 the only hard trophy was flawless raider . You had to go out your way for that. Organise a group etc to do it . Everything else was just usual trophy stuff . Complete missions etc . If your playing destiny for thousands of hours (like I do ) achievements / trophies become non important as it then becomes just about gear etc .

That said it might be a good sign on future content . Games have a trophy limit , so perhaps they have a ton of dlc planned

alt27

Awell. Not really bothered by it. They are achievements after all. Rather have some ingame extra challenges that give me special loot or something then a achievement.

Exactly , trophys are whatever in a game like destiny . Roll on the 6th! So pumped ! Pve looks great

TP-DK

I dont see such a big difference between this and Destiny 1 list, which didnt take hundreds of hours to get.

ocean

Banned
I dont see such a big difference between this and Destiny 1 list, which didnt take hundreds of hours to get.
D1 also has trophies for:

- Flawless Raider (the rarest of them all, other than the Plat obviously)
- Reaching certain rank with Crucible/Vanguard factions (basically a PvE + PvE playtime check)
- Specific PvP milestones (a number of points captured in Control, Relics in Salvage, revives in 3v3, killing a Hunter Warlock and a Titan in a single life) - though this might all be encompassed with that Shaxx quest trophy
- Doing a Raid and a Strike with a full fireteam of clan mates
- Reviving Ghosts (Destiny equivalent of map exploration collectathon)
- Get a full Loadout of Legendary armor+weapons (trivial now but it was a mega grind at launch)

They also had a bunch of filler "free" Trophies though (inspect a player, do the first story mission, revert a change in an upgrade tree etc) though. This list, if real, points to an extremely easy Plat though. Good stuff.

D1 is one of only 2 games I have a plat in, but this list makes it look like a total walk in the park. Great news!

TP-DK

D1 also has trophies for:

- Flawless Raider (the rarest of them all, other than the Plat obviously)
- Reaching certain rank with Crucible/Vanguard factions (basically a PvE + PvE playtime check)
- Specific PvP milestones (a number of points captured in Control, Relics in Salvage, revives in 3v3, killing a Hunter Warlock and a Titan in a single life) - though this might all be encompassed with that Shaxx quest trophy
- Doing a Raid and a Strike with a full fireteam of clan mates
- Reviving Ghosts (Destiny equivalent of map exploration collectathon)
- Get a full Loadout of Legendary armor+weapons (trivial now but it was a mega grind at launch)

They also had a bunch of filler "free" Trophies though (inspect a player, do the first story mission, revert a change in an upgrade tree etc) though. This list, if real, points to an extremely easy Plat though. Good stuff.

D1 is one of only 2 games I have a plat in, but this list makes it look like a total walk in the park. Great news!

Ok, I can see I forgot some of them. But I dont think rhe platinum for D2 will be that much quicker to get. The one that took the longest in D1 was the faction rank if I remember correctly and the hardest was flawless raid. The rest were mostly filler imo.

Jofamo

That concept art looks so cool. But please dear god don't let this be another fucking Hive raid.

It's almost assuredly going to be a Cabal raid, we're way overdue one.

To add to that, based on the concept art;

My guess is that this is the home of the Cabal empire, and that they've taken control and mechanised a Leviathan or Worm similar to the one spoken about in the Books of Sorrow.

The "thing" in the concept art looks mechanical at first, but if you take a closer look at the special book that comes with the Super Collectors edition of D2, there are very similar worm like things sorrounding the face of Ghaul. Same mouth shapes.

Perhaps this is why the Cabal are such a force to be reckoned with? It looks like, with this thing under their control, they can destroy planets at will.

Top Bottom