• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 will be published by Bungie moving forward

VertigoOA

Banned
Following Zero Hour Destiny has remained most played PvE game on console; regardless of Division 2’s recent raid launch. ... and Anthem died long ago.

Next week Bungie will be dropping a trailer for the June 4th dlc content, seasonal updates, raid and new matchmade 6 player activity.

This content marks the end of the Activision relationship and will most likely be the biggest of all the annual pass and seasonal drops (zero hour was not part of annual pass).

Bungie has made some recent tweets talking about the future of Destiny 2. They’re quite particular about wording... that means they’re going to continue moving forward with D2.

That’s not so much news. Year 3 is expected to be unveiled at E3 and our return to the dreadnaught/Saturn.

What is news however is that Bungie changed some details about destiny 2 on battle.net

Now says Developer by Bungie. Published by Bungie.

They’re reworking eververse to look more like other modern cosmetic shops. By improving it to such a large extent now indicates to me that they intend to monetize and you can’t do that without even more players and content... there will be a point where’s enough where a f2p version could compete.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Happy for Bungo. Now let’s see how they take it from here on without Shitivision

I think their D3 launch plans will keep getting pushed back.

D2 is entering this summer period hotter and with a stronger player base than it did last year. Depending on how this content goes over, and the following year’s content... if they make money? I think that may change everything.

D3 plans are pretty much set. They’ve been working on it for at least a year and to be built with next gen toolsets in mind. It has to be another soft reset in a way... so that will require as much time and launch content and as streamlined of a post launch content pipeline as possible.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeap.

Destiny continue being king... others tried to copy but lacks the finest Bungie’s gameplay (the best on the market) and creativity (just look at loot design).

I wishes all luck to Bungie and that they can back to original Destiny the only FPS to rivalize CoD throne this gen.

I want to get back but with my 20 days old son and the amazing DQXI to play on free time.

Crazy we still know so little about the new season.

I've never bought Destiny cosmetics and doubt I ever would, but good move transitioning to a direct model.

Last edited:
This is all great news to me and I hope this split finally marks the turn of the tide for the Destiny franchise.

I still play D2, it’s fun, but it can do a lot of things better imo and I think the future looks brighter

MizzyLone

As it should've been since Day one. Really looking forward to the season of Opulence and the future of destiny.

Dynasty8

As much shit as this game got, I still find myself playing it much more than the other games like it (Division, Fallout 76, Warframe). Something about the gameplay that makes it so damn fun and satisfying. Also, Zero Hour was an awesome surprise. More stuff like that and I'll continue to stay for the ride.

I've lost all interest myself, i just dont like how they update the game anymore.

Yeah. Bungie's approach to supporting the game on a regular basis (not counting something like Forsaken, which was amazing) has its moments (raids, gambit) but is not great overall.

That is the thing most of all I hope changes with post-Activision Destiny,

Top Bottom