• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LtOrange

So warlock is the most fun to play it looks like? Guess I'll give it a try, Have a lvl 4 hunter atm.

I find all the classes fun, but Warlock is definitely the most face roll in PvE with their incredibly destructive super. I would keep playing the Hunter and take it into the crucible. Golden Gun and Double Jump is just so awesome in PvP.

I feel like I'm spamming by asking this again. Has anyone experienced their ps4 'freezing' once starting the european beta? My friend keeps having to pull the plug on his ps4 cause it won't load the beta or allow him to return to the home screen.

Nipo

Quick question

What is the currency in this game and how so you earn it?

How do I play in PVP?

In orbit all I see is the tower and Earth?

You need to get to level 4 (or whatever level you get a supermove in beta) in PvE before you can play PVP.

You earn currency by selling weapons or killing mobs. You earn a different currency by doing well in pvp

WITHE1982

So just done the first 2 story missions and every time I go to the tower it's completely empty. Is this very common?

During the alpha it was always full.

Portugeezer

The Warlock hover ability physics are really bad, if you are dropping when you use it you just keep on dropping...

So just done the first 2 story missions and every time I go to the tower it's completely empty. Is this very common?

I had the same problem. First time I went there it was packed, since then it is always empty. Probably a glitch?

acevans2

I don't quite get what happened with mine. I told my PS4 to download it from the web store, then when I got home I booted it and went straight into character creation.

Why didn't I have to go through launching it, finishing the download, and installing? Did the game launch itself, do that, and then shut the PS4 down?

Yeah. In the download list/queue next to the beta it said I could retry and cancel. Retry did nothing so I had to cancel it a few times.

This was what I saw on my playstation http://imgur.com/QwpPfIa

Once I canceled it I could then start downloading it.
Yeah, I don't see "Retry" anywhere on the download queue. And on my PS4, I don't get it showing up anywhere under Downloads. Urgh.

I've been toggling the Destiny Beta box on my downloads list for the past 10 minutes and nothing. Was really hoping to download this before I head out.

LtOrange

I don't quite get what happened with mine. I told my PS4 to download it from the web store, then when I got home I booted it and went straight into character creation.

Why didn't I have to go through launching it, finishing the download, and installing? Did the game launch itself, do that, and then shut the PS4 down?

Same thing happened to me. It really confused me after hearing reports of it only downloading the launcher

They took out the Wizard / Moon line.

Bummer.

Also is the Beta more Jaggy then the Alpha? Seems that way but maybe I am just noticing it more.

Been like that for me as well. Only done 3 misisons.

Initial impressions of the beta are way, way better than the alpha. I don't know what it is, but it's hooking me far better. My biggest gripe is the lack of good anti-aliasing. I notice that shit really easily and it's super distracting. Framerate didn't seem entirely stable, either.

Initial impressions of the beta are way, way better than the alpha. I don't know what it is, but it's hooking me far better. My biggest gripe is the lack of good anti-aliasing. I notice that shit really easily and it's super distracting. Framerate didn't seem entirely stable, either.

Well, intro tutorial like mission is really make big difference.

Temidien

Neo Member
Anyone else experiencing weird download/install times on the East Coast? First 3.9gb downloaded in ten minutes, have only downloaded an additional .02gb in the past hour.

Already tested and my network is at top speed.

Certinty

Never understood why the game was so hyped, but after playing the beta I don't quite understand it even more.

I'll give it a bit more time but right now it just seems like an average shooter.

SRTtoZ

Its just so funny to re-read those threads where people were bashing Destiny for looking bland so long ago, and now that everyone is playing it, its legit as fuck. Game is awesome.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So if I turn my ps4 off will I have to start the client install from scratch? Anything else I can do? Does standby lower the temp a bit at least? Damn been 5 hrs and only 1/4 done. Psn still borked too lol

JLeack

Banned
Never understood why the game was so hyped, but after playing the beta I don't quite understand it even more.

I'll give it a bit more time but right now it just seems like an average shooter.

I've felt that way for a while and now I'm about to play Beta. I hope it changes my mind.

So if I turn my ps4 off will I have to start the client install from scratch? Anything else I can do? Does standby lower the temp a bit at least? Damn been 5 hrs and only 1/4 done. Psn still borked too lol

Your progress will remain if you turn off your console. You can have it download in standby or in the background while you do something else(netflix, game, whatever.)

Trickster

Urgh, so the
moon
isn't accesible...

ibp8rowljkewzw98s6q.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom