• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny House of Wolves |OT| Fatebringer 24/7/365

matmanx1

Completely forgot that this was coming out today. I'm still working on Bloodborne and I have The Witcher 3 downloaded on my PC but am waiting on a new mouse and more RAM. Looks like I might be checking out Destiny again at some point.

Carbonox

Handed in my chest engrams from all 3 characters. Got some Legendary HoW stuff but nothing good or that I'll use.

Started the story with my Titan and did some bounties. Got some neat little things like the emblem, Sidearm weapon, etc. Used an Exotic Shard to get to 32 and a half.

So far I'm having fun. Hopefully I do come across a bunch of stuff that is better than my existing armour.

Dinosur

I got a good chuckle that the dlc is dropping today because last night was the first time the Destiny HUD image retention finally left my 65VT60 since not really playing since January.

Here's to another four months of dealing with that crap!

Z3M0G

Did they ever remove DLC Missions / Strikes from the daily/weekly rotations? They seemed to cause headaches in the early days of DLC1, and I assume it would only be worst now.

Many players hope to get DLC2 having never touched DLC1, since it got so many negative impressions.

It's too bad they didn't give those their own rotations... or some other unique reason to replay them.

Will hop into this later today, and up for everything.

Already upgraded my Hawkmoon/Truth and Exotic armor pieces to Max, and got 1 new legendary helmet from the event engrams.

Carl

This is SO MUCH BETTER than Dark Below. More missions, more new areas. No stupid weapom upgrades. Nice work Bungie

DNAbro

Played through all the story missions, it at least does a better job of telling an actual story than the original game and the dark below.

Mengetsu

My first Nightfall...
EYtZA45.jpg

Finally!

phen0m24

Nice OT TG. I would dare say that's creating some beautiful content. :)

Can't wait to play tonight. Looks like the changes have been well received.

Those story missions were better than the missions in the main game, it will be interesting to see how the missions in the comet expansion turn out.

Ready to jump back in after work. Looks like most of the changes were for the better. How does fewer upgrade nodes on weapons work? I'm assuming the damage upgrade nodes are reduced and not number of perks...

Dave_6

Finally the subway is open, that area which has been there since the beta full of enemies and ghosts can be accessed in a mission.... lulz

*edit* and it's
a small little area with a miniboss at the end,
that's it.

It's amazing; as many hours/days I've put into this game and I can't recall which area this is you're talking about. Where is this exactly?

excowboy

Great OP - thanks Zoba - was waiting for this to catch me up on all the changes and new stuff. TDB killed my interest (after 150+ hours of the base game) but being able to jump in and upgrade all my old gear has got my attention. Have resumed lurking the community threads until I can pick up a new copy of the game ;)

Got The Last Word, only my second exotic drop, in a nightfall last night. Felt so good.

Can't wait to get home and fire this up. *Anxiously counts down the minutes*

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I have 300 ballerhorn & 300 thunderlord, and two spare exotic crystals. So I can instantly take them to 365?? Or I gotta get to 331?

LifEndz

I didn't do all the wolf pack bounties. Can you grab them from Petra in the reef or do you have to go to the tower?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I can't go to the Reef. I get error code Urchin, which is usually for people being banned for bad multiplayer behavior. Except I've never been banned, and I tried joining a Crucible game, which worked.

Maybesew

I haven't played since Crota HM was released. What can I do with my 32 hunter that isn't grinding? I have the season pass, but am not sure I want to get back into it.

GhaleonEB

A buddy just showed me how the first area in the game is opened back up, and populated now. Pretty cool to fight back through and, um, find that thing they hid there.

And yeah, the sidearm is awesome.

Loving the new bounties.
I haven't played since Crota HM was released. What can I do with my 32 hunter that isn't grinding? I have the season pass, but am not sure I want to get back into it.

You can do pretty much everything in HoW without grinding. Prison of Elders opens up after the story is completed, but the current Nightfall is the new strike and that's unlocked from the get-go.

netguy503

A buddy just showed me how the first area in the game is opened back up, and populated now. Pretty cool to fight back through and, um, find that thing they hid there.

Loving the new bounties.

You can do pretty much everything in HoW without grinding. Prison of Elders opens up after the story is completed, but the current Nightfall is the new strike and that's unlocked from the get-go.

What did they hide? Also I got a friend request from someone on here but they apparently arent even online and I forgot their name. :(

GhaleonEB

What did they hide? Also I got a friend request from someone on here but they apparently arent even online and I forgot their name. :(

There's a new ghost hidden back in the very first area you start the game in. Pretty well hidden too, I'd have never found it. Feel free to add me, BTW, Ghaleon_EB (PS4).

2 NFs and 2 of us are already lvl 33, one guy got the new celestial nighthawk hunter helm and the rest of the drops were new legendary weapons and etheric lights. I'm lovin' this so far. No shards, energies or any of that crap.

Oh and the new NF was actually a breeze, much easier, quicker and more fun than Omni.

Willectro

Banned
Nice OT. I might have to give Destiny a second try, as I haven't been back since about a month after launch and I bought the season pass or whatever. Really unfortunate week for this to come out as I have The Witcher 3 on my plate as well.

Zakalwe

Banned
Damn it. Why is his looking so good when I just upgraded my PC for TW3?

I was hoping they'd screw it up again so I could delay my play time without temptation, but it looks like I'll have to divide my evening between the two.

Serious problems.

Anjin M

Since I'm not at home to check, is Eris still giving bounties to kill Blades of Crota even though they no longer spawn?

shanafan

Since I'm not at home to check, is Eris still giving bounties to kill Blades of Crota even though they no longer spawn?

I wonder if the Dark Below story mission still has them. The mission where Omnigul is outside, and you just cruise around her on your sparrow and a Blade of Crota is summoned inside the building.

exYle

Is this the new OT?

I beat the story missions with a friend. They were fantastic. Probably the best in the game. And that new heavy pike is killer

For those of you that finished Prison of Elders already, what are your overall thoughts on it?

Is it better (either harder or more fun) than either of the raids?

Top Bottom