• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the fastest way to level up an alt? I still need to level up my Hunter, but I REALLY don't want to grind the story again.

Bounties! Just do the daily bounties at first. Then you can do story missions on the hardest difficulty for bonus XP along with bounties and it goes pretty quick.

I spent 3 hours on it tonight and ended up back at 0. I am hopeless.

Try to play early in the morning US PST. You will get some easy kills then. Also, playing with a group can help, especially if you're playing control. I was able to get it done. I may be helping my brother through it on Wednesday. If you still need help by then, let me know.

PSN GODSFAVORITE

DesertFox

Anyone needing to complete the Xyor portion of the Thorn bounty on Xbox one? I still need it, unless anyone just wants to help me lol.

GT-purg3
I'm also on that portion of the exotic bounty on X1. I'll add you, but my play schedule is a little funky having a wife and a baby.

Edit: nvm keep getting errors trying to add you.

They are ready for what awaits in the dark below...

NlR9Z3.jpg

iMTTh8.jpg

jN2RFz.jpg

Geneijin

Bounties! Just do the daily bounties at first. Then you can do story missions on the hardest difficulty for bonus XP along with bounties and it goes pretty quick.
Unless you have a higher level with you, you never want to do story missions with the heroic modifier. It's not worth the extra time.

Frenden

Banned
I'm curious about two things after today.

1) Will existing legendaries have utility or will exotics be the only upgradeable weapons?

2) Will the legendary engrams I'm hoarding give me new, level 30+ legendaries if I hold on to them until the DLC?

What's the fastest way to level up an alt? I still need to level up my Hunter, but I REALLY don't want to grind the story again.

I was in the same boat (not wanting to do the stories again) but keep in mind the story missions give significant bonus XP the first time you do them. So it ended up making sense to just do them. The daily bounties will help but you'll run out of those and the story stuff will make it go faster. Just my experience.

I'm curious about two things after today.

1) Will existing legendaries have utility or will exotics be the only upgradeable weapons?

2) Will the legendary engrams I'm hoarding give me new, level 30+ legendaries if I hold on to them until the DLC?

I kept a leg legendary in hopes that it'll decrypt into an exotic leg piece after the patch. Here's hoping

gdt

I figure with every DLC exotics will get an extra slot and need and extra exotic shard if you want to keep them up to date in terms of attack values.

lol, use thorn in combination with praedyth's revenge for the opening of the vault.

one shot with pd to take down a minotaurs shield, then hit him with that thorn and watch his body drop.

Internet access after 2 days. Heard about the new patch. Can anyone fill me in?

Some weapon changes (Juju, Thorn, Vex etc.). Exotics no longer require shards/energy but just materials/weapon parts and the last node requires an exotic shard that can be bought from Xur for 7 coins or can be gotten by dismantling unwanted exotics.

Also new economies for mats! Marks can be used to buy mats and patrol missions/daily heroic also give planet mats.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433

Thanks to Zoba for helping carry my buddy's scrubby Lv28 through hard Atheon. He's had a bunch of family problems recently and hasn't been able to play, so much appreciated!

Geneijin

Looking to form a last minute hard raid group on PS4. Need 4 more people. 1 30 and 1 29.

PSN Kopyasu

Edit: Need 2 more people.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So they didn't touch any of the legendaries at all? Namely the most exclusive stuff like the raid and IB weapons.

I don't think I ever did Templars on Hard legitimately :lol

I'm down if you have room. Level 30 hunter. Would be willing to use my level 30 warlock if that would make things easier as long as I can switch back to my Hunter to try to loot the Raid Cloak from the chest.

PSN: Leonidas2123

Geneijin

I'm down if you have room. Level 30 hunter. Would be willing to use my level 30 warlock if that would make things easier as long as I can switch back to my Hunter to try to loot the Raid Cloak from the chest.

PSN: Leonidas2123
Yeah, just need 2 more people at this point. Will send party chat invites soon.

Ten marks for 20 materials.
Thorn is the shit.
Plan C got buffed further...

10 marks for 20 mats? Lower than I had expected.

Do you still get 5 marks for turning in 50 mats or has that been changed too?

What about Vex buff? I heard the attack rating went up, but is it as OP as before?

Some weapon changes (Juju, Thorn, Vex etc.). Exotics no longer require shards/energy but just materials/weapon parts and the last node requires an exotic shard that can be bought from Xur for 7 coins or can be gotten by dismantling unwanted exotics.

Also new economies for mats! Marks can be used to buy mats and patrol missions/daily heroic also give planet mats.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Destiny-Update---12012014/en/News/News?aid=12433

Good to know, the less farming the better.

I don't think I ever did Templars on Hard legitimately :lol

Templar can still be cheesed, you just need 1 player to jump down and grab the relic, hide and shoot the shield. Other 5 stay on top and use ice breaker + rockets.

EL CUCO

shouldn't thorn be better then since it has more range and DoT?

I guess better is defined by what weapon you feel most comfortable with. When Thorn was 6 shots and slow as hell reload it was trash for anything other than PVP. Now its looking like the all around champ in my eyes, for sure.

Mark of the Devourer really sets it apart.

Lima

I guess better is defined by what weapon you feel most comfortable with. When Thorn was 6 shots and slow as hell reload it was trash for anything other than PVP. Now its looking like the all around champ in my eyes, for sure.

Mark of the Devourer really sets it apart.

Eh for PvE I still rather use Fatebringer to also use either Ice Breaker or Ghorn.

Had an awesome Hard Mode raid experience today. After wiping a couple times at the Templar, one of our party members came in clutch at the end after the Templar enraged (last guardian standing). Dude popped his shields with the relic and hit him with three shots of whatever gun he was using (sounded like VoC) and downed him.

Made it through the Gorgon cave w/o anyone dying.

Almost passed the Gatekeeper phase on the first try just by winging it with no real strategy but we wiped; beat it on the 3rd or 4th try.

Downed Atheon on the first attempt and I got the Mythoclast. :)

gatti-man

10 marks for 20 mats? Lower than I had expected.

Do you still get 5 marks for turning in 50 mats or has that been changed too?

What about Vex buff? I heard the attack rating went up, but is it as OP as before?

Good to know, the less farming the better.

Templar can still be cheesed, you just need 1 player to jump down and grab the relic, hide and shoot the shield. Other 5 stay on top and use ice breaker + rockets.

In pvp vex is absolute shit compared to other exotics. Pvp imho is handcannons, shotguns, and heavy weapons only at this point. Hand cannons thorn and hawkmoon are insane TLW is not far behind.

HighOnPCP

Ok so what did they do to my Hawkmoon? I just read that some perk got replaced by another but didn't get the chance to take a look myself. any info?

Also guys tomorrow is reset day and I have 3 Nightfalls and 3 Hard Raids to do...If I don't get at least SOMETHING that I need it'll be almost 2 months of useless rewards :/
I can't take it much longerrrr

EL CUCO

Eh for PvE I still rather use Fatebringer to also use either Ice Breaker or Ghorn.

Situational. Ghorn is overkill on anything except a boss. Thanks to Icebreaker ammo perk you can pull it out whenever you want.

I'm definitely going to be swapping between Fatebringer and Thorn. Thorn's DoT is currently not giving a shit about what elemental shield the enemy has, its eating through it.

Lima

In pvp vex is absolute shit compared to other exotics. Pvp imho is handcannons, shotguns, and heavy weapons only at this point. Hand cannons thorn and hawkmoon are insane TLW is not far behind.

True. The Vex is still fucking terrible. It can reliably outclass the clown of a gun Suros now but that's about it. If you can aim and want to win use hand cannons.

Nope. Absolutely sure they never touched the rate of fire. The stability and better weapon handing are what make the Thorn feel faster to shoot. The kickback is no more, so you have faster firing.

Yeah low recoil makes the weapon feel like Its firing faster. What's probably happening is that you're aiming faster therefore firing faster than before. I noticed this a while back on a lord high fixer I have that has low recoil. Even though the rate of fire is the same as every other legendary it feels faster to me

Hawkmoon with the reload speed is so good. Always felt awful using it without reload speed on gloves. Between that, Thorn buff and The Last Word always having good reload speed my last favourite thing about hand cannons is practically gone.

HighOnPCP

So whats the new way to beat the Templar on hard?

A nice spot is off to the right when you're facing towards Templar area. There's a big pillar, I think an oracle spawns near there too. So yeah just chill there and get rid of harpies etc. blast boss rinse repeat.

Lima

So whats the new way to beat the Templar on hard? The relic holder goes back up to that platform?

He can't. If you feel confident that you can hit all oracles all the time you can have everyone stay up top on spawn and only the relic holder goes down...

or you can just man up and do the fight like it's intended to do. Everyone down in the pit.

gdt

Ok so what did they do to my Hawkmoon? I just read that some perk got replaced by another but didn't get the chance to take a look myself. any info?

Also guys tomorrow is reset day and I have 3 Nightfalls and 3 Hard Raids to do...If I don't get at least SOMETHING that I need it'll be almost 2 months of useless rewards :/
I can't take it much longerrrr

Why would you leave it for so late man...that sucks. You probably would've gotten some good shit out of all that.

Now you'll never know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom