• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT11| It goes up to 11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

Anyone up to try Crota's End? Got stuck on the bridge part. Would be awesome if someone had that checkpoint....I lost it for the hidden chest lol.

Derpcrawler

Cleared everything except for Crota. A bit disappointing, went in blind, got to Crota in around 3 hours. Actually got to him before some streamers going for "world first" like streamerhouse.
Did hit enrage couple of times, called it because people had to go to sleep. Again, extremely short raid. The bridge part was cool, as well as first parts with drop and chase from thralls. The Witch part was so stupid though, everything wrong with Destiny times 10, lot of bullet sponge enemies (12 knights and 15+ accolytes running around). Had to bruteforce it and Gjallahorn shriekers and boss down, took us around 15 pulls.
Boring and annoying design yet again.

Only 2 people got any loot at all, 1 piece out of 3 "drops". So 2 pieces out of 18 chances for whole raid. Rest are shards/energies, and I thought there was supposed to be a "redesign" in this regard. SMH.

I am not sure why I rebought this game, got sucked into by my buddy, a bit disappointed now.

Cleared everything except for Crota.
A bit disappointing, went in blind, got to Crota in around 3 hours. Actually got to him before some streamers going for "world first" like streamerhouse. Did hit enrage couple of times, called it because people had to go to sleep. Again, extremely short raid. The bridge part was cool, as well as first parts with drop and chase from thralls. The Witch part was so stupid though, everything wrong with Destiny times 10, lot of bullet sponge enemies (12 knights and 15+ accolytes running around). Had to bruteforce it and Gjallahorn shriekers and boss down, took us around 15 pulls. Boring and annoying design yet again.

Only 2 people got any loot at all, 1 piece out of 3 "drops". So 2 pieces out of 18 chances for whole raid. Rest are shards/energies, and I thought there was supposed to be a "redesign" in this regard. SMH.

I am not sure why I rebought this game, got sucked into by my buddy, a bit disappointed now.

Better spoiler tag that stuff before you get yelled at.

Agent

Anyone want to do the Nightfall and Weekly Heroic? I just got everything unlocked and would like to run through it. PSN: phantom8324

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Please spoiler tag information related to raid encounters/mechanics/set pieces until Tuesday, December 16th. Thanks!
Better spoiler tag that stuff before you get yelled at.
:p mind unquoting it if it's all the same?

edit: oh YOU spoilerized it, now that is full service.

void666

Banned
Nightfall is a nightmare. What a shitty strike. 90% recycled areas. Just throw a shitload of enemies at you. Plus lightswitch and arc burn. I'm not sure if i'll have the strenght to do it two more times.
Oh, and the first one rewarded me with 9 strange coins. Just perfect.

I would be really happy if RNG gave me anything new or meaningful before the end of launch day.

Everything I got I've worked for. Really annoyed.

2 nightfalls, 2 raids (just before the last boss) and many other engrams later, nothing but energy, shards and class items.

Yeesh. This is with 3 characters! 3x the loot rolls...

Derpcrawler

Nightfall is a nightmare. What a shitty strike. 90% recycled areas. Just throw a shitload of enemies at you. Plus lightswitch and arc burn. I'm not sure if i'll have the strenght to do it two more times.
Oh, and the first one rewarded me with 9 strange coins. Just perfect.

Nightfall is easy, done it on both my characters, 0 wipes. As long as you have good Arc set, it should be cake walk. I actually like this one more than most other Nightfalls, since it can be done easily without any cheese, just like Mars one. For the same reason I hate Moon Nightfall, since you will pull your hair out without cheesing it.

gdt

Ok so two of us now. Looking for a Crotas End raid. We can start from the beginning, ain't no big deal, but preferably from the 2nd section.

1. Gdt
2. Messiek

q0xi7dE.jpg

can't go far too many invisible walls :(

Derpcrawler

I would be really happy if RNG gave me anything new or meaningful before the end of launch day.

Everything I got I've worked for. Really annoyed.

2 nightfalls, 2 raids (just before the last boss) and many other engrams later, nothing but energy, shards and class items.

Yeesh. This is with 3 characters! 3x the loot rolls...

Preach brother. Two nightfalls, two heroics, raid up to Crota, nothing - absolutely zero loot except for shards/energies. Insult to injury was Nightfall rewarding 6 coins.

adin75

I think I am going to join the 1 Guardian camp, managing 3 is just a huge time sink. Just you and me from here on in Titanbro.

Did the first and some of the second part of the raid with a group of randoms. Bad idea, but I still had a blast going through it blind.
Because of the (frustratingly) less capable group it was extra rewarding when we finally made it. One self-revived survivor ran over the final bridge in the first part, screaming at the top of his lungs while running into the next section. What a glorious moment.

Same thing hhappened with my group this morning. It was awesome

Dante316

Ok so two of us now. Looking for a Crotas End raid. We can start from the beginning, ain't no big deal, but preferably from the 2nd section.

1. Gdt
2. Messiek

What time yall starting, ill join you at 8:45 pm psn is dante316, thats 10 min from now ill be home :)

CamoKitty

1. Gdt
2. Messiek

I'm in if you don't mind someone who has never done it yet.
PSN CamoKid42

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Closing in on OT 12, lol, Jesus, there is so may stop-gaps at the moment
Doing 3 Characters is going to be rough...

My Warlock will be 31 soon, Hunter just started, will get 31 by tomorrow, Titan will be the odd class out, they will be 1 piece short from full level 31 set

I had to go the gear route, those level 32 fuckers are no joke in CE, Weapons still are decent with Voc, IB, and CM at the helm
I wasted like a hour+ just figuring out the right combo of gear for my Warlock, but it worked out super well
I did get trolled by FWC after I spent 120 Vanguard Marks, theor package gave me an extra +33 Light helmet, had to shard it, was INT/STR, was going for a INT/DIS build, which I have with Scout Rifle reload + ammo galore!

realcZk

Recycled mirrored content, new exotics that already need major buffs, VoG loot tables still dropping old pre-upgraded exotics, DLC-less players unable to get strike rewards from the playlists, ... this DLC just screams laziness and greed.

I feel like the raids are one of the only reasons you should play PvE in this game, aside from getting the flavor-of-the-month exotic to break PvP. I really enjoy most of my time with this game but its frustrating that we have to deal with some of these insanely poor design decisions (that keep repeating themselves).

I haven't yet tried the new raid (waiting till Friday), but I'm excited as hell.

void666

Banned
Nightfall is easy, done it on both my characters, 0 wipes. As long as you have good Arc set, it should be cake walk. I actually like this one more than most other Nightfalls, since it can be done easily without any cheese, just like Mars one. For the same reason I hate Moon Nightfall, since you will pull your hair out without cheesing it.

Really?
Please, just tell me how.
I have fatebringer, arc supremacy or patience and time and some ark machine gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom