• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Nuszka

Have only bought 2x exotic helmet engrams, its tempting to get stuff at 310 as i did with one of them but like 2 weeks ago i spent almost 300 coins and got no progress out of it.
When i get back from work i will grind some strikes with 3oC.

Edit: Shout out to my clan mates and cookie lovers HOLY DIVERS
tumblr_mvixquuEYy1qg0l7bo1_500.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
More 3oC for me. Nothing Xur is selling interests me. I got real lucky with the drop rates these past few days using 3oC.

deafmedal

I'm 296 because my arms are 292 and I can't find any drops higher. If, and that's a big IF, I get some arms drop then it'll be 275-289.

I love TTK but the game has taken a huge step backwards. It's now a grind to get to the end again, but it's based on RNG with ever-diminishing odds.

the fuck am I reading

The truth?

Edit: beat with a stick... from South Park

Well, I got every new helmet now EXCEPT for the Hunter one that grants shadow step. The one I wanted. At least I have some 310 infusion material.

RemiLP

Is there any good new exotic helms for titans? I got the ones from year one pluss enpyrean bellicose. Am i missing anything good?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I guess some people aren't happy unless they get free 310 gear for every slot immediately even though 290+ is high enough to clear all the content in the game currently

phen0m24

The fuck is 3oC? >.<

Soul Xur sells a consumable called 3 of Coins. (3oC)

If you pop one of them before killing an Ultra you have about a 1 in 6 chance of an exotic engram dropping. It's 7 strange coins for 5 of those.

Since you get an exotic usually in one pack (USUALLY) it's cheaper doing it that way

123rl

the fuck am I reading

All of my gear is 297-300, apart from my arms. My arms are holding me back. This will continue to happen until I am blessed with a random drop for gauntlets higher than 293. After dozens of hours playing a variety of modes, this has not happened. The old system meant anyone could level up and reach the end eventually. This is how TTK was sold to us too. Leveling up to 40 means nothing though and it is only light level that matters, which is based on luck using a broken algorithm

123rl

I guess some people aren't happy unless they get free 310 gear for every slot immediately even though 290+ is high enough to clear all the content in the game currently

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. I bought the game so I want 310 armor immediately. Fuck it, I've had the game since Day One so I should be entitled to 312 armor just because.

Cade

Someone wanna help me beat these Charged Agonarch Rune gyys.? Pretty sure I could solo it but I don't wanna lose it.
Psn is cadeSILVER

GlamFM

Banned
All of my gear is 297-300, apart from my arms. My arms are holding me back. This will continue to happen until I am blessed with a random drop for gauntlets higher than 293. After dozens of hours playing a variety of modes, this has not happened. The old system meant anyone could level up and reach the end eventually. This is how TTK was sold to us too. Leveling up to 40 means nothing though and it is only light level that matters, which is based on luck using a broken algorithm

Half an hour in the Court of Oryx should get the job done.

I feel like people are not taking advantage of what is basically the loot-cave 2.0.

Are the tier 3 Court of Oryx bosses weekly? Because if so then ughhhhhhhh. I've got 43 fragments and one of the last ones I need comes from a tier 3 Court of Oryx boss and I've already gotten the one for this week. I hate this ToM quest. :(

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

except they're not holding you back in any way because you're high enough to clear all of the content in the game.

1% of the 1%, indeed.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm 296 because my arms are 292 and I can't find any drops higher. If, and that's a big IF, I get some arms drop then it'll be 275-289.

I love TTK but the game has taken a huge step backwards. It's now a grind to get to the end again, but it's based on RNG with ever-diminishing odds.

Yeah, that's generally how loot games work.

123rl

Half an hour in the Court of Oryx should get the job done.

I feel like people are not taking advantage of what is basically the loot-cave 2.0.

How about multiple hours? Hell, I was on CoO for an hour this morning and didn't get a single gauntlet engram. I love CoO and I've had so much luck with engrams from there. No gauntlets above 290 though

Yeah, that's generally how loot games work.

So what I have been playing for the last 20 years? Shit, I've wasted my life!

Soul Xur sells a consumable called 3 of Coins. (3oC)

If you pop one of them before killing an Ultra you have about a 1 in 6 chance of an exotic engram dropping. It's 7 strange coins for 5 of those.

Since you get an exotic usually in one pack (USUALLY) it's cheaper doing it that way

Ah okay thanks!

deafmedal

except they're not holding you back in any way because you're high enough to clear all of the content in the game.

1% of the 1%, indeed.

Exactly. 290 is the barrier for everything.

I suppose you both stopped trying to level after hitting ~290? Ran the raid 1 time for the experience and now you are done? In a game about progression some of us would like to, uh, progress. And if HM KF requires 290, I'll eat a hat. I would like to be ready for that shit.

Does anyone else here get teamed up with absolute bloody idiots every time in salvage?
It is my last damn trophy but i just can not get it because of poor players :(

Interesting. My Warlock got 300 raid gloves (lol) but they rolled pretty nicely otherwise. I ended up with a second 306 pair from my Hunter who already has a 310 pair. I infused that into my raid gloves and got the full 306. From there I infused a 310 Claw of Ahamkara and now the gloves are 310.

So using fully upgraded pieces improves the effect? I'm confused as hell. At least those disappointment gloves are 310 now.

Acidote

I'm happy to see I'm still not in the wall of shame despite feeling that I've been maybe too involved with Destiny and DestinyGAF the last few days.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So what I have been playing for the last 20 years? Shit, I've wasted my life!

I mean, all loot games all have ever diminishing returns at the end. That's how they all work. The smaller the pool of viable upgrades there is, the less likely you are to find upgrades.

GlamFM

Banned
I suppose you both stopped trying to level after hitting ~290? Ran the raid 1 time for the experience and now you are done? In a game about progression some of us would like to, uh, progress. And if HM KF requires 290, I'll eat a hat. I would like to be ready for that shit.

I'm 305 after multiple Raid clears yo.

It's like you don't even know me!

There is a cooldown introduced with a recent patch for 3oC, and if you do kill ultras to fast your chance at getting exotic drops will be lower.

Do we know the timers? Is it still ok for me to activate a 3oC right after burning one, as long as I don't kill an unltra too fast?

Speaking of the theme of King's Fall and Crota's End, is there any explanation in the Grimoire for this?

Considering the fact we killed Crota in the Ascendant Realm and he's totes dead, you'd think his lowly Deathsinger servant would be in a little coffin all of her own. Instead she's happily floating around again.
Thank god i thought it was just me.

lol for real don't know why people are tripping about 310

people read smart loot as I should run the raid twice and get everything I ever wanted

and then complain that there's nothing to do

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Ah okay thanks!

It's pretty damn great. I got all these drops (290) from using 3oC over the past 2 weeks. And I still have 15 uses left and I'll buy another load today from Xur.

Telesto x 3
Hawkmoon
4th Horseman
Truth
The Stag
Obsidian Mind
Voidfang Vestmants
Crest of Alpha Lupi x 2
Impossible Machines
Zhalo Supercell
Don't Touch Me

P44

You can do everything in the game at 296. Hitting 310 or whatever is not necessary yet.

deafmedal

I'm 305 after multiple Raid clears yo.

It's like you don't even know me!

So why did you run the raid multiple times? To practice your first person Mario skillz? Look, people might be frustrated trying to level, here you are at 305 saying "why bother, 290 is enough!" You don't see how that is condescending? And wtf does your multi-raid clears have to do with anything? I'm 304 with 1 raid clear, what is your point?

GutZ31

What's the best way to get a better ghost shell? Luck?

I have a 280 and it's holding my light level back at 292 :(
Totally, RNG in any case, but doing the Kings Fall raid has high likelihood of dropping a ghost she'll at 300+ at the first chest you unlock.
Everything else is pretty much doing random activities and hoping for a ghost shell.
Court of Oryx tier 2 and 3 have a pretty good chance at dropping ghost shells as well.

FiraB

Banned
7 normal strikes, 7 coins and 1 primary engram, rolled into ....fucking last word, most useless gun ever :(

Top Bottom