• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Is there a certain class or weapons you need. I'm a ~340LL Warlock and could join.

I believe we run her on the 320 difficulty and just burn her down ASAP. Swords seem to help. I will tether her as a hunter. Kill her, then die and have her respawn.

Never done the spam method, TBH. Come give it a shot. :)

oSoLucky

Please, please, PLEASE. If you want to get the exotic engram chest on alts and still do the quest in the raid, make sure you have at least one person from the original instance never leave. It's possible that no one can leave, but I haven't tested that out yet. We switched one at a time and the lasers still reactivated.

oSoLucky

For anyone who got blitzed to death in last weeks nightfall due to arc burn, this weeks is a lot easier - the big shank strike, no burn just small arms + modifier and no radar. Cleared in 15 minutes with a group of 360s, I dunno if they nerfed the warsat bit or not cuz I remember it being way, way harder back in TTK but maybe just new gear makes it easier. Everyone in the group got +4-6 purple armor upgrade so not a bad source of (tiny) LL leveling.

The Warsat is much harder on Heroic with Solar Burn. Almost everything 2 shots you.

Dynasty8

Me and a friend want to do a blind raid. We know nothing about it and haven't read any spoilers. We're Currently LL366. Any others want to go in fresh? (PSN)

Ryuuga

Banned
CtfmvcuW8AA10gs.jpg:large

It's worth the effort. Please don't nerf it, Bungie.

GorillaJu

Outbreak Prime is legit. Really digging this gun. Haven't used it in Crucible but the stability is way better than the stats portray it as.

GorillaJu

Please, please, PLEASE. If you want to get the exotic engram chest on alts and still do the quest in the raid, make sure you have at least one person from the original instance never leave. It's possible that no one can leave, but I haven't tested that out yet. We switched one at a time and the lasers still reactivated.

Happened to us too. I already had the quest and was running raid to finish it but two group members got fucked :(

I think one person from original raid can never leave. But just to be safe... Don't bother getting the engram until we are certain what triggers the monitor clear

Finally finished the Thorn quest today. Ironically I have no desire to go back into the crucible any time soon after doing the void kills step.
How is Thorn in crucible nowadays? I'm guessing not very good since I have yet to get killed by it since coming back to the game.

It's okay in combination with other DOT effects like Viking Funeral Firebolts. Without a specific build in place it's pretty garbage esp since people can just switch to the DOT resistant artifact as soon as they notice you're running Thorn.

The advantage is the same as it was before Y3: you will regen before the enemy you shoot, so you can reingage at higher HP than them.

XAL

Heyyyy guys can anyone help me?

I'm on Axis phase 2 and I've done all of the monitors already for the exotic quest....on PS4

experience preferred

Would appreciate some help to bang this out really fast.

1. OHGODTHEBEES

oSoLucky

Happened to us too. I already had the quest and was running raid to finish it but two group members got fucked :(

I think one person from original raid can never leave. But just to be safe... Don't bother getting the engram until we are certain what triggers the monitor clear

Completely agreed. Best to play it safe for now. I felt really bad because I already had the quest done but the whole rest of the group has to redo the raid tomorrow now.

Ramirez

This far into the game, and we're still getting stupid quest steps like 100 kills in Crucible with void damage?

People should be fired over that, that's the best you can come up with for an exotic quest step? Cmon man.

MrDaravon

Is the Suros DIS-43 with good rolls the armsday weapon everyone raves about? I got one from a faction package from him, but I think my 2nd set of perks kills it:

SLO-19/SPO-28/SRO-37
High Calibur Rounds/Appended Magazine
Full Auto
Speed Reload/Rifled Barrel

I don't usually use PR's much, and have the Nirwen's Mercy and Hawksaw more or less sitting in storage, but I'm assuming the HCR/AM roll kills this one? I also don't know how much Rifled Barrel matters on PR's, but the Range on this thing is fully maxed out with that one which is kind of hilarious. It's still a LL upgrade which is nice so assuming it's trash it's at least an upgrade.

Edit: I think Destiny is drunk. I've been getting two or three SIVA grimoire cards upon login the last day or two on all of my characters which is weird since I got all but the raid fragments on all of my characters but whatever, figure it's maybe the servers sorting out your characters having different grimoire scores. But I just logged onto my main character and got like 10 grimoire cards including multiple general ROI and Khostov (sp) field manual page ones, and in the middle of all of them it gave me a House of Judgement rank 3 notification, and I'm rank 4 with them. Urk pls

This far into the game, and we're still getting stupid quest steps like 100 kills in Crucible with void damage?

People should be fired over that, that's the best you can come up with for an exotic quest step? Cmon man.

I had fun with that part- took the raid shotgun into Supremacy and unleashed hell haha

Can it be bought back from the Kiosk, if I use it to infuse something?

Yeah it's unlocked in the kiosk.

Ruthless, how much longer would you estimate going for the exotic pulse rifle adds to a normal raid clear now?

Specifically just getting the initial quest to start, not the whole thing.

+10-15 mins, if you don't take too long at the columns. Getting the monitors is pretty easy.

We ran through the raid + monitors + all loot chests last night in around 57mins.

soultron

Banned
So damn close. Reached 358, am I high enough to raid yet? I'm burnt out killing Sepiks.
You probably want to be 365 to raid comfortably. Not only will you comfortably resist death in the final encounter, you will be contributing healthy DPS. The last encounter is a DPS check and my group couldn't do it with 3 members under 360 the first time we tried. When we were all above 360 (1 above 380, most 368-372) it was doable but only just. There are people who will probably come in after me and say it's doable below 360 but honestly that relies on running the best stats flawlessly.

Wait until 365. That's the next "soft" LL gate anyways. It's better to be getting raid gear that brings you above the normal Legendary engram decryption cap of 365, IMO.

Heyyyy guys can anyone help me?

I'm on Axis phase 2 and I've done all of the monitors already for the exotic quest....on PS4

experience preferred

Would appreciate some help to bang this out really fast.

Just FYI, the monitors all reset when everyone leaves the raid zone, so if you go back in on your checkpoint on aksis P2 the monitors will all be reset so the lasers won't go away.

Someone has to stay in the raid zone the entire time for the monitors to stay active, you will need to run it again from the beginning to activate all the monitors.

You COULD join a raid group that is already on aksis and has activated all the previous monitors, you will be fine then. But starting your own raid at the P2 checkpoint will not work, as far as I know.

I'm sure I'm jumping too far ahead but would anyone want to get the exotic pulse rifle tomorrow morning(well, by the time were done it'll probably be evening?) Me and a friend want to get it done and we know how time consuming it is. We haven't finished the last phase of the boss, but we're both lower 370s.
I just really want to complete it and might as well pick up the exotic pulse rifle along the way.
Problem is I don't quite understand the quest, so it'd be nice to have one or two who do so you can dumb it down for me.
Around 9 or 10am central. So in about 9 or 10 hours from now. I think. I'm bad at math.
Let me know.

tick221

Fresh WoM while getting all monitors along the way:

1. Silvard (SilvardCT)
2. Ragarra
3. Shem935 (shem0275)
4. xxTHIN_WHITE_DUKExx (FOX-AIV3E)
5. Tick221
6. RODDLER

If your PSN is wrong or missing please let me know. Otherwise I assume it's the same as your GAF name.

HUGE thanks to this group, great run!!

Toddler

Fresh WoM while getting all monitors along the way:

1. Silvard (SilvardCT)
2. Ragarra
3. Shem935 (shem0275)
4. xxTHIN_WHITE_DUKExx (FOX-AIV3E)
5. Tick221
6. xTODDLERx

If your PSN is wrong or missing please let me know. Otherwise I assume it's the same as your GAF name.

Fantastic run, guys. Thanks...

Jblanks

Join the Heroic Wretched Eye strike, guy rages after he dies like half way through. Me and the other guy try waiting 5-10 minutes for someone to join, no one does. We try 3 times, but couldn't beat it. Had to go to Orbit and lose my rep. bonus... awesome.

taco543

Completely agreed. Best to play it safe for now. I felt really bad because I already had the quest done but the whole rest of the group has to redo the raid tomorrow now.

Lol its all good, we at least know what to do and how to do it now, so we just gotta make the time. And we can pull Slender back in with us lol

XAL

we had it down at the end and one guy just rage quit

welp my run went to complete shit because i went to orbit not knowing that progress on monitors resets

f u k d i s

Anybody wanna help with the phase Akis fight?I have a good fire team just need one more player.

did you do the exotic monitors?

Top Bottom