• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

neoism

No more update for D1 before D2?!

Preorder canceled!

just got back into destiny after roi pretty much 6 months off... when destiny 2 was announced im having fun in pvp again but this makes me a little sad...

lol shame i never got to play the roi or crota raid... but im mostly a pvp player..�� even though ive never been to mercury.....�� really hope D2 has matchmaking for everything i wouldnt mind if it took 10 min to find 6 ppl for a raid.. but im movin on up stopped playing at 369 and now im 390 ... guess im dun when i get meh hunter to 400

Arrrammis

I might be in the minority, but I'm so glad Crucible rewards are seemingly random and not tied to win/lose or performance. Hope this carries over to D2.

I kind of agree, but I wish they would do a mix of rewarding everyone and rewarding better players. Something like the current system, but in addition to everyone having the chance at loot, the top 1-3 players get a guaranteed legendary drop. Everyone has a chance for loot and people who do well get rewarded for their efforts.

exYle

Anybody wanna help some people who used to play a lot but not anymore beat Crota's End

We're at the bridge and our rando ditched us

ramyeon

I kind of agree, but I wish they would do a mix of rewarding everyone and rewarding better players. Something like the current system, but in addition to everyone having the chance at loot, the 1-3 players get a guaranteed legendary drop. Everyone has a chance for loot and people who do well get rewarded for their efforts.
Yeah I just really like that everyone gets rewarded for participating. I've not had anyone just camp or not play objective yet, it doesn't seem that widespread. There could definitely be a middle ground though.

HOLY COW! Taken King missions are very Haloish. These are the missions I wanted when Destiny first came out. If Destiny 2 is full of mission quality like Taken King, it'll be one of my favorite games.

Rise of Iron is similar in that regard. Both very enjoyable.

123rl

8 losses in a row on Iron Banner and I'm done with it this month. Every match I was top - or nearly top- of my team, and within the top 5 of the game. But what chance do I have when I'm playing with people who score less than 5 points. Someone scored a 0 on one game

On the contrary I found Hunter's jumps extremely easy to control, especially when you spec the more in air control, with Bones of Eao adding a third jump, but Titan's lift is just frustrating at times. Don't have a warlock though so I can't comment on that.

I'm getting better at it with practice. Hunter is my lowest level and least played class. They seem awful weak at first but getting stacks of Chain of Woe on precision kills is satisfying as hell.

Still feels like my Warlock can jump twice as high though.

ramyeon

I was doing so well in Clash last week, but now the play modes have changed up and I suck at Control. I don't know, I feel like we should be defending 2 points instead of trying to cap them all but my teams always seem to be scattered all over the map.

I was doing so well in Clash last week, but now the play modes have changed up and I suck at Control. I don't know, I feel like we should be defending 2 points instead of trying to cap them all but my teams always seem to be scattered all over the map.

Yeah, two only unless the other team is really bad, but going for #3 can really screw things up as you move the spawns. Most maps it is the flag you spawn near and B; but some maps have a better start flag that you should always try to grab and defend.

JWiLL

Banned
Finished book, ordered shirt. D1 all done.
I'll help whenever, but I can move on until D2.

Reinstalled Warframe, and holy fuck is it different.

Warframe is pretty amazing now, despite the prices of Platinum and the packs. It has SO many elements I wanted in Destiny.

The weapon perk system, for example, makes Destiny's look like it was designed for children. Which, it is, I suppose. But still.

Also...The Second Dream update/quest line is absolutely incredible. Really great storytelling/lore, with a fucking phenomenal soundtrack. If you don't care for spoilers, check out some reactions on Youtube. Day 1 dedicated Warframe players in literal tears.

It's a grind but it's a damn good game.

ramyeon

Yeah, two only unless the other team is really bad, but going for #3 can really screw things up as you move the spawns. Most maps it is the flag you spawn near and B; but some maps have a better start flag that you should always try to grab and defend.

It's crazy how few people seem to realise this. I usually head straight for B and cap that, if I'm lucky one or two guys will join me while capping but as soon as it's capped they just run straight for C, leaving me alone to defend B against 3-4 guys from the other team (Which never works out well).

Definitely prefer Clash, Supremacy seems pretty fun too but I've only played the Iron Banner version and I'm low 300 light so my gear puts me at a pretty big disadvantage there.

KingofSPUD

Neo Member
Finally hit ll400.
Now for the other 2 characters.

Your grind for your other two characters will be nothing now that you have one to 400. All you have to do is keep playing on the character that is 400 and when you get more 400 armor just transfer it and infuse it into your other characters armor. This way makes it so you only have to grind to 400 once.

If you don't have legendaries to infuse into on your other characters just transfer the legendary armor engrams to your other characters as you get them.

ramyeon

I love the Destiny community. Yes, there are still idiots who teabag in PVP, but coming from a community like Overwatch which no longer even surprises me with its toxicity this is great. Had a guy I met on another forum invite me to a Fireteam with his friend last night and they helped me grind a bit of loot in the weekly Strikes and Forge to get me from LL320 to LL355.

FinKL

Darn, I would have liked to know of an alpha sign up. Oh well. Preordered the PC on amazon since Prime has it at $30 off right now. Waiting to hear that release date has been gruelling.

It's $58 on Amazon for me, am I crazy? Even with the prime 20% off, that's still $12 off and not $30 off

Gragen

I know everyone here has been through this but goddamn sitting at 399 and no matter what I can't get a chest upgrade.

Wouldn't it be badass if exotics were an engram that you could choose what slot?

I know everyone here has been through this but goddamn sitting at 399 and no matter what I can't get a chest upgrade.

Wouldn't it be badass if exotics were an engram that you could choose what slot?

Just keep playing all raids and get as many faction packages as possible. Spend glimmer on weapon parts, give to faction. Strange coins to heavy synth, give to faction. Legendary marks towards planet mats, give to faction.

sn00zer

My dad and I are now level 40s at 300+ light level just getting started on the Rise of Iron. Thanks for everyone who answered questions, literally one of the best gaming experiences ive ever had. Played around 95% of the game coop and it was so far above my old single player experience I had with game its not even funny.

sn00zer

Speaking of Rise of Iron... what the hell is up with it. Feels like the quality to a nose dive off a cliff. Only a few missions in, but damn. Doesnt look nearly as good, enemies are just kinda dumb looking, and it just feel bleeeeh. But seriously its like the worst looking part of Destiny by far.

Thanks I just pre-ordered.

Speaking of Rise of Iron... what the hell is up with it. Feels like the quality to a nose dive off a cliff. Only a few missions in, but damn. Doesnt look nearly as good, enemies are just kinda dumb looking, and it just feel bleeeeh. But seriously its like the worst looking part of Destiny by far.

I think it's more that Taken King is so good. The core campaign wasn't very good either, and made no sense.

Dthomp

Alot liked ROI, I personally enjoyed Taken King way more. Would have been nice for a few new mobs and not just siva versions but I suppose it goes with the "theme" of Rise of Iron

Yeah only the first and last missions of ROI felt TTK quality, one mission in particular is awful, just do part of the flayer strike in reverse. On the other hand the Raid is very good and Archons forge is more fun than Court of Oryx. I guess it was a DLC developed under some time pressure once D2 got pushed out from fall 2016.

equil

8 losses in a row on Iron Banner and I'm done with it this month. Every match I was top - or nearly top- of my team, and within the top 5 of the game. But what chance do I have when I'm playing with people who score less than 5 points. Someone scored a 0 on one game

I was 0-11 before my first win and top of my team most of the games too. I pushed through and got rank 5 though.

sn00zer

Hmmm havent touched raids yet at all since im just playing with my dad who is conpleyely new to fps games. From what I understand they are pretty conplex and you need 6 ppl in a fireteam.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. That's better.

If anyone is running the weekly raid, I'd love to join. I'm chipping away at the record book, currently ghost hunting, but haven't run any of the updated raids.

Dthomp

Hmmm havent touched raids yet at all since im just playing with my dad who is conpleyely new to fps games. From what I understand they are pretty conplex and you need 6 ppl in a fireteam.

If you need some people to do activities with send me a friend request on PSN (Dthomp) there's a small group of us that do raids and activities together that I'm sure can help out if you need/want it

Started to read the Game Informer magazine article, it begins with something I did not know:

Luke Smith said:
Any time we put a number on the box, we will start fresh. Every time we launch an integer, it will always be this way. We're going to change things, fundamentally, every time.

Edit: I guess I read it as "every numbered game will reset player progress", but it might not mean that.

Edit 2:

"There is no grimoire on the website in Destiny 2"
Slick new conversation interface
The quest log and several related systems have been eliminated
Two PvP playlists: quickplay has Control, Clash, Supremacy and competitive has Countdown & a mode they are "not talking about right now"

Dalek

“We’ve never really said what [The Darkness] means,” Smith continues. “Ultimately, we do owe our players a story there – what is The Darkness? – but that’s not this game.
Lol.
columbo.gif

Geist-

Hey guys, quick question, do I need to bother completing the RoI book "achievements" before Destiny 2? Will any of that stuff transfer?

Top Bottom