• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

aarcane

I had no idea this gun could roll with both Rodeo and Counterbalance.

jBKcMhB.jpg

netguy503

It's been a while since I've made one of these. Anyone down for WotM HM x3 with Aksis CM on reset day 5pm PST? My usual LFG rules apply: be 390+ LL with at least 5 WotM HM clears.

1) me
2) Ruffles
3) Gutz
4) Netguy503
5)
6)

I'm down if I could join that would be great. 400 Titan.

Melchiah

Number45

Poor Bladedancers. Bungie also inadvertently applied the hungering blade nerf to pretty much everything else in the game that triggers recovery.

That's it, that's the whole patch? Ha ha ha that's hilarious and they were hyping this up.

Also Bungie needs to separate PVE and PVP changes. PVP negatively affect PVE isn't fun, it's just dumb.

That landfall change is particularly annoying, because I like using it to clear low level mobs in PVE.

Ha ha ha I didn't even see the Truth magazine nerf. Not like Truth was that great in PVE but now it's even more useless

Melchiah

That's it, that's the whole patch? Ha ha ha that's hilarious and they were hyping this up.

Also Bungie needs to separate PVE and PVP changes. PVP negatively affect PVE isn't fun, it's just dumb.

That landfall change is particularly annoying, because I like using it to clear low level mobs in PVE.

I couldn't agree more. It's particularly annoying when you don't play PVP, yet it keeps making the PVE side worse.

Wow! the blade dancer health regen nerf also affected just about every regen perk in the game. Best part is they want see how that will play out and not fix it right away.

At this point, anyone still playing Destiny "for fun" is wasting their time. It's clear as day with changes like "disable HUD and Radar when Blinking for a short time" that Bungie is using the live game as a testing bed for Destiny 2. You all are guinea pigs being subjected to cruel and unusual (and perhaps more often, completely stupid) balance decisions in the name of science.

The Truth change is long overdue though. That stupid rocket launcher should have never been buffed.

Uh. Good to see Astrocyte Verse buffed to do som— oh wait, no, no mention of it. Carry on.

Bungie also inadvertently applied the hungering blade nerf to pretty much everything else in the game that triggers recovery.

WTF. Sigh. I'm actually going to have to be careful when playing a voidwalker now? !@(*&#

deviant1

WTF with some of these nerfs? Was anyone complaining about Quickdraw and the health regen perks?

I also noticed they say Clever Dragon and the Grasp have reduced mag sizes, is FWC's The Waltz not affected?

gspec

People just need to stop playing the game. It is the only thing that will get them to listen and fix things correctly. It is the only way. This message need to be broadcast to the bungie.net and reddit forums.

I just started playing the division this weekend and playing other games as well.

Melchiah

The Truth change is long overdue though. That stupid rocket launcher should have never been buffed.

The buff was never an issue on the PVE side though.

People just need to stop playing the game. It is the only thing that will get them to listen and fix things correctly. It is the only way. This message need to be broadcast to the bungie.net and reddit forums.

I just started playing the division this weekend and playing other games as well.

I think that's exactly what I'll be doing now, that I've collected enough exotic engrams and Skeleton Keys for a possible light level increase.

Time to start clearing the backlog.

McArkus

I'm mostly a lurker on this thread, but have to say that now days every patch is followed by questions about how can Bungie list some of those changes as a positive for PVP and PVE.

Before Destiny launched in 2014, I recall either Lars Bakken or DeeJ saying that Destiny was supposed to be faster than Halo. In a way, it was very similar to Halo CE

And then Bungie slowed it down and made it more teamshooting oriented, not unlike they did to Halo 2 and Halo 3.

It wouldn't surprise me if Destiny 2 was even slower and more tactical because they clearly weren't fond of how fast the game was at launch. I will say though that it is completely brainless to make the average killtimes slower in a game with Supers.

The buff was never an issue on the PVE side though.

Truth was never a PvE rocket launcher outside of Void burn.

Hedera

What does "increase to weapon handling speed" mean regarding quickdraw/ophidian aspect? Is it something like the MIDA perk?

And more blink nerfs...

I'm mostly a lurker on this thread, but have to say that now days every patch is followed by questions about how can Bungie list some of those changes as a positive for PVP and PVE.

This has nearly always been the case. Even when they fix something that "everyone" complains about there's something in the same patch that "everyone" thinks was never necessary.

It's best to take complaints about fixes with a grain of salt until you play the patch for a good amount to see how it all shakes out. If the people who hate balance passes had their way TTK in pvp would be nearly instant in every gun fight and PVE would lack any challenge as everyone would jusy Y1 Gjall everything to death.

I'm exaggerating but my point is valid. Play it a bit before you decry it.

I dunno what to think, the special ammo change has triggered me the most. Shotguns are actually ok apart from you have no fucking ammo

You may as well just run sidearms and be done with it

Frostburn

Ha ha ha I didn't even see the Truth magazine nerf. Not like Truth was that great in PVE but now it's even more useless

Yeah I agree, balancing weapons, supers, exotics, etc around PVP makes the game way less fun and boring. They should have separated the two from the start of the first "balance" patch.

McArkus

This has nearly always been the case. Even when they fix something that "everyone" complains about there's something in the same patch that "everyone" thinks was never necessary.

It's best to take complaints about fixes with a grain of salt until you play the patch for a good amount to see how it all shakes out. If the people who hate balance passes had their way TTK in pvp would be nearly instant in every gun fight and PVE would lack any challenge as everyone would jusy Y1 Gjall everything to death.

Oh yes, for sure, I will play it to see how things work out, after all, I was never too much of a meta following guy, most of my time in pve is using different combinations of weapons to see how it goes (and also like to use dregs promise on pvp). Also playing Nioh, they have a very good loot system, and a very solid re-forging mechanic, wish bungie gave a second chance to re-forging like in house of wolves.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They really don't want people to play the game. First reset day I don't care about. I'm going to spend more time with other stuff.

So like why go live with the health regeneration mistake and fix it later rather than hold it until its correct like at a normal software firm? Also is the quick draw nerf the same whoopsie like health regeneration?

Also why nerf truth?

aarcane

Oh, this game is a fucking mess. Just had the laggiest, campiest match of Supremacy and that was enough for me today.

I'll try it out some more tomorrow, testing different guns, if I can be bothered. But I think my patience with this game is finally running out.

Oh, this game is a fucking mess. Just had the laggiest, campiest match of Supremacy and that was enough for me today.

I'll try it out some more tomorrow, testing different guns, if I can be bothered. But I think my patience with this game is finally running out.

Considering they nerfed the classes of guns I enjoy ( HRoF pulses and HCs), yeah I agree.

So like why go live with the health regeneration mistake and fix it later rather than hold it until its correct like at a normal software firm? Also is the quick draw nerf the same whoopsie like health regeneration?

Also why nerf truth?

Because of the console QA processing time. All patches/hotfixes need a seperate QA process performed by Sony/MS respectively before it gets approved for release. They found this mistake after the patch had been sent in for this process. So fixing it would require another round of internal QA at Bungie then submission for QA at Sony/MS before it could get pushed.

So they decided to let it rock to see if it's even necessary to fix. If it is, they'll fix it and submit a new hotfix for that.

Basically they decided it's more important to get the intended fixes live asap than it is to correct the mistaken changes, thus delaying the all the changes.

Because of the console QA processing time. All patches/hotfixes need a seperate QA process performed by Sony/MS respectively before it gets approved for release. They found this mistake after the patch had been sent in for this process. So fixing it would require another round of internal QA at Bungie then submission for QA at Sony/MS before it could get pushed.

So they decided to let it rock to see if it's even necessary to fix. If it is, they'll fix it and submit a new hotfix for that.

Basically they decided it's more important to get the intended fixes live asap than it is to correct the mistaken changes, thus delaying the all the changes.

I conceptually get that but since this patch was basically just balancing and not fixing something critical, why not hold the patch? The meta that this is meant to fix has been this way for going on a year already, would a few extra weeks have tanked the game for everyone?

Also is the quick draw nerf the same whoopsie like health regeneration?

No, deliberate. Presumably due to the overwhelming number of people using that perk and that exotic? Would have preferred buffing other options instead.

Yeah. And it's more data if they choose to look at it that way while they put another patch together (along with Skorri's change?).

Once this all settles down its going to hands down be the worse meta ever.

NLB/Hawksaw - Sidearm and a shitload of OHK grenades being launched at you. Chuck in a max roll Skorris and i think i'm done with this game unless its privates where you can regulate shit or they they undo the special changes

Mindlog

Truth fix. Even smaller clips on CD/GoM. Reduced health with more armor.
2Nb8QJM.jpg

PvP was a mistake.

*Hungering Blade changes were also inadvertently applied to the following Perks, for more information
Hah! This will most likely also effect Landfall Impossible Machines. All for a change to Hungering Blade that was silly in the first place.

Melchiah

3-magazine Truth and Shinobu's Vow with additional Skip Grenade didn't make PVE unchallenging. The former was fun in Void Burn strikes (if you didn't choose to use Telesto instead), and the latter made Arc Burn strikes more fun, especially when Catapult modifier was included. Now there's no way I'd use either in those. What's the point of the "fix", when it just makes the gear useless?

Top Bottom