• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny: Rise of Iron Trailer leak.

Trace

Banned
I still haven't gotten all the raid gear from KF....I gave up after I got 5 gloves in a row.

The KF raid gear all blows anyway. Bring back elemental primaries to the raid please Bungie. I want to feel powerful during the proper burns, not grinding.

Again, your definition of value is different. Content is stuff do, it was stuff to. It was all new to some degree.

It wasn't a significant amount of stuff to do. It's not on the same level as an expansion with weeks of new stuff, all the things they've added have taken days at most. And most of it isn't what I'm looking for in content, the Halloween/Crimson Days stuff was especially garbage.

Ramirez

The KF raid gear all blows anyway. Bring back elemental primaries to the raid please Bungie. I want to feel powerful during the proper burns, not grinding.

Putting burns on Raid primaries negates 99% of the primary armory. It was the right decision.

I agree with this.

Holiday content suffers because if you missed the holiday, the game appears to be exactly the same as it was before the Holiday.

I loved the SRL event, but the fact that it still hasn't come back makes it feel that much more worthless. Like more of a distraction than an event.

That said, content is still content, whether or not it caters to you specifically.

It wasn't a significant amount of stuff to do. It's not on the same level as an expansion with weeks of new stuff, all the things they've added have taken days at most. And most of it isn't what I'm looking for in content, the Halloween/Crimson Days stuff was especially garbage.

Doesn't matter if it wasn't what you were looking for. It was new, different stuff. Even if it was small to you.

Content is content.

Trace

Banned
Doesn't matter if it wasn't what you were looking for. It was new, different stuff. Even if it was small to you.

Content is content.

Fine I'll rephrase, I want good content. They can release the next expansion as a sparrow racing game for you then, since you apparently don't mind since it's "content". It's not why I play Destiny.

duhmetree

Again, your definition of value is different. Content is stuff do, it was stuff to. It was all new to some degree.

That was fluff. I took no part in Festival of Lost or SRL. I stopped playing TTK before challenge mode dropped. Hive fatigue and just losing interest.. Where as I played non-stop (Sept-March) in Y1.

Knowing there will be a drought of content, mentally disengages the player for some reason. Bungie should already know this since they phsyco-analyze these type of metrics. Live Team wasn't nearly enough.

I'm dissappointed about the ballerhorn. Am I angry? No. Will it have any meaningful impact on my life ? No.

Am I dissappointed enough to write a long forum post? Yes.

The main issue is that it feels like a slightly cheesy,and crass attempt to cash in on the goodwill and excitement of the ballerhorn in year 1. Putting the merits of owning it to one side,it was very sought after and trended on Twitter when it was on sale the second time.

If the new one is as good as year 1 then it's an almost game breaking weapon,for free, forpreordering, which is a puremarketing play.

If its not as good as year 1 then it doesn't really deserve the name, and imho makes the marketing play more cynical. It's also not really living up to the ballerhorn name.

If its not an exotic then again I think that's a crappy decision.

Content is content.

sure it is if these minor content fluff is released as some random bonus and not some crazy hyped up event that last for a couple of weeks then we are left starving again for a couple of months for some new small fluff.

Bungie needs to expand and create these types of new large DLCs for this game to keep the year one players.

everyone in my fireteam has quite... everyone and its due to this problem with content just not coming out fast enough.

kiguel182

I never said grinding out old content is new content. The MT provided the live team to make the Halloween event, SRL racing, Crimson Days and the April Update. That was new stuff to do, new content.

Destiny Vanilla: September 2014
TDB: December 2014
HOW: May 2015
TTK: September 2015
Halloween: October 2015
SRL: December 2015
Crimson Days: February 2016
April Update: April 2016
Rise of Iron: September 2016

That seems like a pretty regular schedule. Now we could debate the "value" or length of the content, or assets used, but it's still content. Most hardcore people play Destiny to death in span of a month when it first releases.

Then complain they have nothing else do. We will always run out of stuff to do. I don't know what else people want. Just complaining to make themselves feel important.

The engine has nothing to do with releasing new content. I don't know why this was even brought up.

The engine is the reason they can't produce new content fast. Their engine is awful.

You put those dates like they mean everything but every new "content" update for TTK was barely passable. Just super uninteresting stuff. So a lot of people feel the game needs more.

Unless we get satisfied we will want more. Bungie didn't deliver on the content front. Simple as that.

The fact that you put stuff like the Halloween masks as meaningful content is telling enough. That kind of stuff would be just a small event in most MMOs and you are putting it on the side of actual releases of content.

Who said it was on the same level as TDB, I just said new content. Again, your definition of value is different. Content is stuff do, it was stuff to. It was all new to some degree.

TTK came out in September, it has not been a year.

A couple Holiday events. A distraction. Sure they were nice, but it doesn't serve as lasting content. Mentioning their existence next to actual expansions seems more like an effort at fluff. The April update was nice, but I believe that sort of thing was expected considering they had a major update between HoW and TTK that was similar.

They are making the effort, but the pacing of the release of content has been bad in year 2.

Putting burns on Raid primaries negates 99% of the primary armory. It was the right decision.

Most people use the same weapons anyways, so who cares about burns on raid primaries? Make the raid worth completing. You still need the weapons to be effective which will not always be the case.

That was fluff. I took no part in Festival of Lost or SRL. I stopped playing TTK before challenge mode dropped. Hive fatigue and just losing interest.. Where as I played non-stop (Sept-March) in Y1.

Knowing there will be a drought of content, mentally disengages the player for some reason. Bungie should already know this since they phsyco-analyze these type of metrics. Live Team wasn't nearly enough.

sure it is if these minor content fluff is released as some random bonus and not some crazy hyped up event that last for a couple of weeks then we are left starving again for a couple of months for some new small fluff.

Bungie needs to expand and create these types of new large DLCs for this game to keep the year one players.

everyone in my fireteam has quite... everyone and its due to this problem with content just not coming out fast enough.

The engine is the reason they can't produce new content fast. Their engine is awful.

You put those dates like they mean everything but every new "content" update for TTK was barely passable. Just super uninteresting stuff. So a lot of people feel the game needs more.

Unless we get satisfied we will want more. Bungie didn't deliver on the content front. Simple as that.

The fact that you put stuff like the Halloween masks as meaningful content is telling enough. That kind of stuff would be just a small event in most MMOs and you are putting it on the side of actual releases of content.

A couple Holiday events. A distraction. Sure they were nice, but it doesn't serve as lasting content. Mentioning their existence next to actual expansions seems more like an effort at fluff. The April update was nice, but I believe that sort of thing was expected considering they had a major update between HoW and TTK that was similar.

They are making the effort, but the pacing of the release of content has been bad in year 2.

tumblr_noh76nHVWj1slgoado1_400.gif

kiguel182

I hope Destiny 2 uses a new engine that makes it fast and easy to produce new content. It's a shame they got saddled with this for the last two years.

Although I still don't like the idea of a sequel at least they can change that.

So you're admitting that it's not meaningful content and Bungie has been spinning their wheels for a year by the time Rise of Iron comes out?

Nope, content is content, doesn't matter if its meaningful or not because that is a matter of opinion.

Bungie has been busy working RoI and Destiny 2. What is wrong with you people?

I didn't even read those posts but yeah... lol. Looks like I'm definitely NOT alone.

It's an issue. As a fan of the game and its world and the music and the atmosphere and for how damn well it plays, this is a real concern from real players that have invested lots of time. This isn't some drive-by effort to shame Bungie. The company has issues, and things aren't going (have never went) as planned. But somehow they managed to make a compelling experience despite all that. It's in Luke Smith's hands now, hopefully that means good things.

Trace

Banned
Nope, content is content, doesn't matter if its meaningful or not because that is a matter of opinion.

Simple, I was an ardent Destiny supporter from vanilla to just after TTK launch. Since then, we have gotten no new content, a lot of the endgame changes at TTK launch were horrible, PvP balance is out the window and it's been months since I played.

I want Destiny to be good, but it needs more real content and better balancing. It's just so disappointing to me because it's my most played console game ever and I want to play it, but there's nothing there for me to play.

hydruxo

Looks decent but I wish they brought back the icebreaker. That was my favorite weapon and they just killed it.

Who says they aren't?

Iron Icebreaker incoming

But really though, it's entirely possible Icebreaker comes back for Rise of Iron

99% of primaries are still negated anyway when you have run away winners like Hung Jury. Additionally destiny has multiple sources it could deliver elemental primaries from now, CoO, nightfall, 4 raids, Trails, PoE, MP weekly bounty reward.

The answer to the elemental primaries problem was more not less.

Fallacy. This is assuming there is some "magic amount" of content they can create that will satisfy you, but players simply scale up their playing behavior in MMOs and MMO-lites such as these to the amount of content available.

It doesn't matter if there's 100 hours or 1000 hours of content available, you can be sure that plenty of people, somewhere, will grind through those hours straight-through, at launch, without stopping, then bitch about how there's nothing to do the minute they're finished.

If Bungie released a raid every three months, you can be sure there there would be a large group of people online bitching about how they should release a raid every two months.

Nori Chan

this is equivalent as putting your fingers in your ears and saying "I can't hear you" over and overs again lol

kiguel182

Fallacy. This is assuming there is some "magic amount" of content they can create that will satisfy you, but players simply scale up their playing behavior in MMOs and MMO-lites such as these to the amount of content available.

It doesn't matter if there's 100 hours or 1000 hours of content available, you can be sure that plenty of people, somewhere, will grind through those hours straight-through, at launch, without stopping, then bitch about how there's nothing to do the minute they're finished.

If Bungie released a raid every three months, you can be sure there there would be a large group of people online bitching about how they should release a raid every two months.

Yeah, it's our fault and every game has this complain thrown at them.

Wait, that's not true.

duhmetree

99% of primaries are still negated anyway when you have run away winners like Hung Jury. Additionally destiny has multiple sources it could deliver elemental primaries from now, CoO, nightfall, 4 raids, Trails, PoE, MP weekly bounty reward.

Make Nightfalls Great Again

Trace

Banned
Make Nightfalls Great Again

Honestly all they need to do is make a fatebringer level elemental handcannon as a hard-mode raid reward and I will run that damn thing as many times as I need to get it, no matter how bad the rest of the expansion is.

Kaiken

Banned
I first took a break when House of Wolves released. Didn't care much for Prison of Elders but then the Taken King got me hooked again. When that was over and they released the revised Court of Elders, I took a break again... Damn, I really don't want to come back in September. I guess price is make or break.

Jonboy

Legit makes me think about pre-ordering this time.
I honestly wonder how many copies they would've sold if the DLC was literally just the gjallarhorn.

Whoops...probably shouldn't give them more microtransaction ideas.

Seriously though...can't wait for this. Really nice trailer.

Ramirez

I hadn't used Hung Jury since the early days of TTK. I'll tell you what I did use though, more variety than I ever did in vanilla, which was the reasoning behind it.

I'd be willing to bet just about anything you will never see them return. They will be reserved to certain exotics, just like in TTK.

Top Bottom