• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Detective Cross from Most Wanted is back, he's in NFS: Carbon

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
IGN has an interview with the actor on their site. Basically he talks about how his character lost his job in Rockport and he's now a bounty hunter. He blames your character for him losing his job... which since they've started telling a story (Underground #1?) this the first direct sequel to a previous NFS. You are the same character from Most Wanted.

Personally I'm hoping the Cross character plays a more active role in the races during the game. Even on my long chases I never got him to come up(you're apparently suppose to be able to in Most Wanted), I only saw him in the opening few cutscenes, and then at the end(with a few voicemails from him during the game IIRC).

DarienA said:
IGN has an interview with the actor on their site. Basically he talks about how his character lost his job in Rockport and he's now a bounty hunter. He blames your character for him losing his job... which since they've started telling a story (Underground #1?) this the first direct sequel to a previous NFS. You are the same character from Most Wanted.

Personally I'm hoping the Cross character plays a more active role in the races during the game. Even on my long chases I never got him to come up(you're apparently suppose to be able to in Most Wanted), I only saw him in the opening few cutscenes, and then at the end(with a few voicemails from him during the game IIRC).

Let's hope EA stops with this storyline BS in racing games and concentrate on actually making a decent racing game for once. Carbon demo on Live was pure garbage as far as driving went.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Wait, are they using some bizarre AfterEffects layering to make live video look like shitty CG!? I am so confused, I thought in the trailer that they were using CG talking heads... wtfwtf!?

Sho Nuff said:
Wait, are they using some bizarre AfterEffects layering to make live video look like shitty CG!? I am so confused, I thought in the trailer that they were using CG talking heads... wtfwtf!?

They've been doin' that since the last game IIRC. Actually, Sony has taken the same technique and ran with it in Ultraviolet movie.

stewy

Yeah, they were doing that in the last game.

Scary part is they do use in-game models at points during the various cut scenes on the 360 version, and it's actually kind of difficult to tell what you're looking at sometimes -- in-game model or strangely airbrushed looking FMV.

Top Bottom