• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex 1 is 25p on Square Enix Online Store (Steam key)

Volotaire

UPDATE: It seems like it was a price error. Back to £1.25. All fixed! That's all folks.

bc9a8302f9e34b567eb2232d9428cf15_248_KR.jpg

Square Enix Online Store Link

This is part of the wider Summer Sale by Square Enix Online Store

Original Price: £0.99
Sale Price: £0.25
You save £0.74

Steam key issued upon purchase. Activate via your Steam account.

Enhanced Steam says this is a historic low price for this game.

The Deus Ex Collection (Deus Ex: Human Revolution - DC, Deus Ex: GOTY, Deus Ex: The Fall, Deus Ex: Invisible War) is £4.60.
Deus Ex Invisible War is £1.25.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (DC) is £3.25.

Izuna

Banned
If you do not own Deus Ex and are not willing to pay 25p for it, you are mad. Fucking mad.

Buy the god damn game already. One of the best games there is.

UVTffc0.png

Deus Ex 1 is very boring and hasn't aged well at all. Invisible War is everything Deus Ex is foot for and shits all over HR.

1 doesn't deserve my 25p

Great timing, I just installed the GOTY steam version. Any essential mods, bearing in mind I've played but never finished this game and would like to keep the original vision intact?

Great bargain too.

Deus Ex 1 is very boring and hasn't aged well at all. Invisible War is everything Deus Ex is foot for and shits all over HR.

1 doesn't deserve my 25p

I've just finished a playthrough of IW and I have to disagree, the game is ridiculously streamlined and dumbed down. The only thing that aged better in it were the graphics.

Nzyme32

Great timing, I just installed the GOTY steam version. Any essential mods, bearing in mind I've played but never finished this game and would like to keep the original vision intact?

Great bargain too.

DO NOT use the "Revision" mod which will actually change some of the level design. If you want a more up to date look / touch ups as well as maintianing what the original was, here is a good guide with links. You don't need to follow the steps for changing the levels to some of the later updates that altered some levels a bit (at least I have never used them since the game launched way back when)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144316078]

The game looks good to me since the textures a much more bearable, and resolution / hud size options are better

Vibranium

Banned

1 doesn't deserve my 25p

Uh uh uh uh uh uh uh.....the fuck? I hope this is some trolling.

Also, to the guy who said the first game is the only good one, HR may not ever come close to what it did for video games, but it is still a very good Deus Ex game.

LewieP

Invisible War is obviously the worse game, but regardless of that, it's discounted to £1.25 on a very regular basis, but I've never seen Deus Ex for much less than £1 before.

It is not the "real deal".

It just jumped up to £1.25 when I clicked through from the sale page to the game page. Damn, missed it by a hair's breadth.

Sorry folks, nothing to see here (anymore).

DO NOT use the "Revision" mod which will actually change some of the level design. If you want a more up to date look / touch ups as well as maintianing what the original was, here is a good guide with links. You don't need to follow the steps for changing the levels to some of the later updates that altered some levels a bit (at least I have never used them since the game launched way back when)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144316078]

The game looks good to me since the textures a much more bearable, and resolution / hud size options are better

Thank you, this is much appreciated.

Sp3ratus

Neo Member
I actually played and completed Deus Ex for the first time last week, in preparation for Mankind Divided. I'm so happy that people are keeping the game alive with all the graphicals mods and mods in general, because the gameplay really holds up well, even 16 years on.

I bought deus ex 1 fkr the first time a year ago.

I admit, i just didn't get it. I want to, because its held with such high regard. Ill have to try it again sometime.

Top Bottom