• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: HR's PC Preview Build version has leaked

Clevinger

It is OK to talk about and give impressions of the preview build, but it is NOT OK to ask where to get it. If this is incorrect, I hope a mod will edit this and clarify.

A 10 hour preview build of the game has leaked to the net, not the full game.

Blizzard

Banned
It'll be a long few months. :(

Also, it really seems like some people should work on their internal control, though I guess if devs or beta testers decide to risk a lawsuit and hope they don't get caught, there's not much you can do?

Daeda

The PRESS PREVIEW has leaked, not the full game. Only the first 10 hours, plus all bugs. OP please fix sensational headline.

Oh man that's terrible, despite my insane hype for it I'm gonna hold off on er...acquiring it until it releases officially.

I hope this doesn't drastically affect PC sales. How did Crysis 2 do after the leak?

edit: never mind, 10 hours is still crazy though

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow that sucks, if enough people steal it they might not make back enough money to make more games.

Riposte

Wow... this has to be the worst leak in a long time. (Didn't hurt Crysis 2 much did it?)

EDIT: Oh nevermind LOL. Fucking OP!

Clevinger

Daeda said:
The PRESS PREVIEW has leaked, not the full game. Only the first 10 hours, plus all bugs. OP please fix sensational headline.

I wasn't trying to be sensational. I edited it, but it's not showing up. Oh well.

Hixx

At least it isn't the whole game then, that would have been massive for them... when does it even come out? Isn't it August or something, be mental if the whole game leaked this early.

edited first sentence, was nonsensical

MMaRsu

Banned
Wow that really sucks, I hope people support the dev team en masse and buy the shit out of this game.

Blizzard

Banned
Daeda said:
Ah. It would be nice if they could figure out what press group had leaked it, if that's what happened...

Corto said:
Hope is watermarked... That would be a treat!
Precisely.

Discotheque said:
Oh man that's terrible, despite my insane hype for it I'm gonna hold off on er...acquiring it until it releases officially.

I hope this doesn't drastically affect PC sales. How did Crysis 2 do after the leak?

edit: never mind, 10 hours is still crazy though
well

Riposte

If the game isn't too buggy and it is only the first 10 hours(in a branching 20 hour game?), couldn't this somehow be the best demo ever?!?!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It happens.

Shitty, but expected. Good to hear it's not the full game, but it's only a matter of time.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Riposte said:
If the game isn't too buggy and it is only the first 10 hours(in a branching 20 hour game?), couldn't this somehow be the best demo ever?!?!
It actually might have that effect. By all accounts it's pretty awesome, so this could actually help with building hype for the game. It's also just the PC build, so even if PC sales are hurt, console sales will be positively affected, if anything.

Daeda

Yeah its a disgrace for us gaming journalists.. devs trust their builds upon websites and that someone given the priviledge of checking it this early decided to spit in the developers faces this hard I really condemn.

Technically it could also be a hacker targetting a specific PC ofcource, but I find a leak within press more likely.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
How can the game be playable, isn't it Steamworks? The game files should be encrypted even in CD Pressing plants, someone is in deep trouble if those files are unencrypted, because that means it is an internal leak.

Edit: Oh, press preview. I see. A good solution is to release it as an early beta/demo for preorders.

Someone is still going to be in deep shit, especially if Eidos marked the files

(._.)

Banned
wonder if this has anything to do with the PC build being handled by another studio instead of in house, probably not.

Daeda

Drkirby said:
How can the game be playable, isn't it Steamworks? The game files should be encrypted even in CD Pressing plants, someone is in deep trouble if those files are unencrypted, because that means it is an internal leak.

Edit: Oh, press preview. I see.

EARLY DEMO FOR ALL!

Like nobody ever managed to crack a Steam game before.. its not cracked now, but it most likely will be in some time.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If all versions are Steamworks, then the full game probably won't be cracked and up on the usual sites until at least the first day. PC versions tend to show up later than their console counterparts when it comes to piracy.

Dennis

Banned
Great, "PC gaming am doomed" even though 360 games are usually available to pirates sooner than the PC version.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Daeda said:
Like nobody ever managed to crack a Steam game before.. its not cracked now, but it most likely will be in some time.
Nope, people have been able to make steam game run without connecting to the steam server, but I don't think any one to date has figured out how to decrypt the Steam pre-release encryption.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Snuggler said:
It happens.

Shitty, but expected. Good to hear it's not the full game, but it's only a matter of time.
2 times is way too few recently to justify "it happens," but is way too many to be acceptable. Since when do we expect these sorts of colossal preview build leaks anyways?

Blizzard

Banned
Daeda said:
Aside from Half-Life 2 (servers hacked), no one ever has cracked a Steamworks game, correct? If the encryption is done properly and the keys are not deterministic it should be about as close to literally impossible as you can get.

I hope I'm not getting in trouble here, but what is GAF's policy on this? If it's a preview press demo and it's leaked, are we allowed to discuss it (in the hypothetical case that we get to play it)? Or is it a bannable offense since it's not supposed to be for mass distribution?

To be clear on this: I don't even have a gaming PC so even if I downloaded it I couldn't even play it. I'm just wondering in case somebody gets to it and we can have impressions from other GAFfers.

Top Bottom