• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided $12.99 at Amazon (XBO/PS4)

Worth it if I haven't played any Deus Ex before ?

If you have a last gen console laying around or a PC, you should play Human Revolution first. Mankind Divided has a recap intro cutscene, but that thing gives a huge amount of information for you to digest at once.

The original game (PC and PS2) is not really required, these are prequels.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Reading reviews and people are complaining about the main story abruptly ending. Is this something likely to be expanded on with DLC in a goty edition?

Korigama

Did the sequel really sell that badly? :(
Having taken as long as they did to make it, only for it to be considered largely more of the same, but not as compelling, did it no favors. That's without getting into any of the PR issues pertaining to the game.
Reading reviews and people are complaining about the main story abruptly ending. Is this something likely to be expanded on with DLC in a goty edition?
The final DLC chapter has already been released, but it focuses on events set before the main story.

buy this people game is amazing

No. DLCs are done and don't expand on the ending.

Also, you wont get anymore Deus Ex in a long time. Or ever : /

Simo

Worth it if I haven't played any Deus Ex before ?

If you like Cyberpunk and First Person RPGs with an open play style then absolutely. It is a sequel but there's an extensive recap of the previous game that brings you up to speed.

I guess so? Eidos Montreal is now working on the Marvel games and Jason at Kotaku said the Deus Ex IP is done for now.

Thanks to OP for alerting me to this. I literally just purchased a PS4 Pro from Amazon this past Friday, so now I've happily added this game to the haul I'm receiving on Tuesday.

Straxus

Are saves region locked?

I ended this on an EU copy. but would like to continue on a US version and purchase dlc.
Also, are trophies region locked, because I probably would not mind replaying I my trophies still counted at least.

I don't think we have exact numbers but it appears to have been a sales decline over it's predecessor, which is bad when the budget was inevitably higher. They've secured licenses from Marvel and Eidos Montreal will now be working on like Avengers games and Tomb Raider or something.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Double dipping on this even though I have it on PC. Throw some support thier way.

Fantastic game.

EGM1966

That's a bargin. The game was actually very good.

Sadly the marketing wasn't good and they'd left arguably too long a gap between installments to rely as much as they did on those who'd played the initial Jensen entry.

There are a few choices in having one big location and a rather abrupt ending that didn't help either but the gameplay is great and mostly its another excellent FPS/RPG hybrid with a lot of player agency in options.

Give it a whirl if you haven't already: that price is seriously below the value of the content.

Lanofrose

Neo Member
I don't think we have exact numbers but it appears to have been a sales decline over it's predecessor, which is bad when the budget was inevitably higher. They've secured licenses from Marvel and Eidos Montreal will now be working on like Avengers games and Tomb Raider or something.
Yeah this info on resources going into making games with the Marvel licenses is what has me worried that there will not be another Deus Ex game for years to come which is sad since I really do love both Human Revolution along with Mankind Divided.

This price is a steal for those that have not picked it up for one reason or another especially those that enjoyed HR.

Top Bottom