• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Collector's Edition - Amazon UK pre-order cancelled

Kup

Not sure if this is thread-worthy but I just received an email from Amazon UK customer services informing me my collector's edition pre-order was cancelled. Thought people might appreciate a heads-up on this if they are excited like me.

I managed to get the same collector's edition pre-ordered at GAME now - but I wonder if there is an issue and they might also end up cancelling. Link in the customer services email doesn't work at this time for me.

Hello,

We’ve had to cancel Deus Ex Mankind Divided Collectors Edition (Xbox One) from your order #[removed] as it is no longer available from our suppliers.

You haven't been charged for this item.

We have an alternative version available to order. If you're interested in this version, you can go directly to our listing for it using the following link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VWGTWU1/

We're sorry for any inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Did it have a statue or anything like that?

I could imagine that having QA issues or something that'd cause cancellations. Sucks :(

Kup

Did it have a statue or anything like that?

I could imagine that having QA issues or something that'd cause cancellations. Sucks :(

Yes it did - good point. Just like Batman Arkham Knight all over again. This is the edition I pre-ordered for Xbox One.

Well my order at GAME is still open and was confirmed via email... fingers crossed.

710x330_DEMD_CE.jpg

GavinUK86

Mine is still on order for PC.

I have it preordered from Square Enix too just incase though.

I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Edit: Just got the email minutes after typing this lol.

Hello,

We’ve had to cancel Deus Ex Mankind Divided Collectors Edition (PC CD) from your order #202-5490063-6961902 as it is no longer available from our suppliers.

You haven't been charged for this item.

We have an alternative version available to order as an Online Game Code. If you're interested in this version, you can go directly to our listing for it using the following link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G3YM6W6/

Please note that, in order to purchase and use this game, you must first install the Steam Client and create a Steam account. The game is then linked to your account and available to be downloaded and installed.

To setup a Steam account, you can visit the following page for installation instructions and account set-up:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

We're sorry for any inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Sparse

Aw, damnit. Got the same email for the PC version.

Game doesn't have the PC collector's edition. Fuck's sake.

SugarDave

I received the email too. I was debating cancelling anyway so I'm kind of glad they took the decision out of my hands, and there's no way I'm ordering it again when it's £30 more than the pre-order I had locked in.

Sparse

Yeah the console versions are GAME exclusives. The PC version is a Square Enix store exclusive.
Oh come on. Why not do this when it was first announced?
I'll just stick with a standard edition.
Hah, looks like PC physical standard is sold out on Amazon and Game, too.

Glass

Happy to go with the digital version this time, despite owning the original boxed DX1 and collectors edition of HR. Now maybe if the collectors edition came with the full art book, that would be another story.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Canned my order, I only want the steelbook but GAME has one, This Collectors Edition has one and Zavvi has one too.

I'd actually be ok if my CE was cancelled since it is a ridiculous amount of money.

I'm such a fan of the franchise (and I actually like the look of this CE) that I preordered as my only expensive CE this year despite being annoyed at the price.

wow so these are the prices for the CE guide for the prior game (GUIDE ie book not the game)

9 Used from $281.53
6 New from $245.00

Simo

I'd actually be ok if my CE was cancelled since it is a ridiculous amount of money.

I'm such a fan of the franchise (and I actually like the look of this CE) that I preordered as my only expensive CE this year despite being annoyed at the price.

Yeah I had the CE preordered but cancelled it when I took a step back and really looked at it, it's ridiculously overpriced with not enough content to justify that price. It doesn't even come with the season pass so for an extra $80 you're getting a 9" figurine, that doesn't look that great, and a sample art book thats 48 pages where as the actual art book being released on it's own on the same day is 200 pages and will likely feature the same art. lol

I just went with the digital deluxe version on the PS store because you're getting all the content in the CE minus the physical stuff, plus you also get the season pass and it's only an extra $30 on top of the regular edition.

wow so these are the prices for the CE guide for the prior game (GUIDE ie book not the game)

9 Used from $281.53
6 New from $245.00

Yeah, Human Revolution's CE guide sold out quickly and I was bummed because I missed out and it looked like a beautiful guide too. Not this time though, I've got the CE guide for Mankind Divided on lock! lol

Oh it looks like for those who preordered on Square Enix's store they're beginning to charge customers for the game.

Coxy100

Banned
Hate it when Game get their exclusives. Really tempted to get this but didn't want to have to buy through Game :(

Top Bottom