• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 10th Anniversary Thread: You Lose Again, Gravity! [Up: Combo Videos]

jett

D-Member
Yeah DMC4 on PC uses the same assets as consoles(except some shader effects which only appear on the PS3 version for some reason), but it looks so much better in 1080p with AA.

devilmaycry4_dx102011-psq6.jpg

b_004.jpg

devilmaycry4_dx102011-vuiy.png

5zV4J.jpg

;)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I swear to god, I'd offer any woman in the world for Lady. Look at those. LOOK AT THOSE.

The Stealth Fox

Did anyone else laugh uncontrollably when Dante "unpacked" the Pandora's Box into a spaceship that shot rockets? It was so hilariously out of place.

Carbonox

The Stealth Fox said:
Did anyone else laugh uncontrollably when Dante "unpacked" the Pandora's Box into a spaceship that shot rockets? It was so hilariously out of place.

Dante was responsible for many of the laughs I had from DMC4. It was definitely the funniest game in the series, IMO. With Dante's DmC persona being more rebellious, I still hope he has time for some good one-liners. The comedy is one thing that no DMC game should be without.

Oh and DMC4 Lady is best Lady. Fair enough we didn't see much of her but I liked her design.

yurinka

Looks amazing. BTW, now that is the 10th anniversary I bet they will finally announce in TGS the Devil May Cry 10th Anniversary collection: Both DMC 1,2 and 3 in HD for at least PS3.

BTW, no 1080p screenshots of Gloria? She has some few hot cutscenes.
devil-may-cry-4-20070823094259935.jpg

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Dante was responsible for many of the laughs I had from DMC4. It was definitely the funniest game in the series, IMO. With Dante's DmC persona being more rebellious, I still hope he has time for some good one-liners. The comedy is one thing that no DMC game should be without.

DMC without a funny, likeable Dante is a DMC with half its soul missing. I'm just worried we'll get some "trying too hard to be a badass" lines masquerading as humor. Hopefully future trailers give us some idea of what NT thinks is funny...

And some of these characters totally need spinoff games. Vergil being first, obviously. These screens are amazing, BTW. I really need to upgrade my computer.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think DmC Dante will resemble DMC1 Dante in tone more than 3/4 which is fine with me. As long as he isn't walking around flipping a coin, I won't worry about it.

Dahbomb

Dude there aren't going to BE any adjustments. This is Capcom we are talking about here. :/

Look at what they are doing with RE HD. Expect the same.

gunbo13

I can capture LDK footage @ 1080p with C16xQ DX10. You heard me.

But I'm NOT going to show that footage.
a) I haven't yet found the part from Chamber's screenshot
b) I forgot to capture the audio in fraps ;)

Instead I'm going to present some cut-scenes at 1080p C16xQ DX10 @ CRF15 x264. They will be huge files but it is what it is. Grab them to get a preview of LDK footage. Anyone who wants to see why we praise this version over the PS3 will also get a nice experience.

DMC4 - Cut Scene - Dante 1
1920x1080 C16xQ DX10 60fps
crf15
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TVVZ3JKZ
219.71mb
Direct Screen Cap @ 1280x720
CyRUh.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That image quality is laughable! 10x10 supersampling or nothing!

God, what a great looking game. Gonna have to own some bitches in the Bloody Palace when I get home tonight.

gunbo13

Tribute to jett, Lady, and the fans.

DMC4 - Cut Scene - The Girls
crf15
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAXGKWMV
151.57mb
Direct Screen Cap @ 1280x720
czrpK.jpg

b1e6H.jpg

If anybody has an idea where Chamber's screenshot is in the game, let me know. I'll have to go all the way through missions 07 and 08 I guess. I fought huge crowds but not see anything like the screenshot.

gunbo13

Chamber said:
It's around the start of Mission 7 I believe.

And that's a B in my name dammit!
lol I don't know how I did that; I edited. I sounded out your screen name in my head but it ended up as that. I've been making typos all day.

I'll check out what I can with M07.

EDIT:
Warning, I suck right now with Nero FYI. So out of practice so be prepared for some garbage play.

It's amazing how DMC4 maxed only eats like 180MB.

On the other hand, it means they didn't bother upgrading textures at all. : |

gunbo13

Here you go Chamber. The video though is HUGE as we are talking a ridiculous amount going on screen. 15crf is 1.6gb (and looks fucking amazing) so I'm looking at UT and to see what everyone thinks is an acceptable size. Crf25 is around 440mb (and still looks fucking amazing) but I don't want to upload it for no reason. I'll think about it.

Here are some jpgs @ 720p. Grab the png pack for the 1080p quality (4.7-4.8mb each). These jpegs look like ass compared to the pngs.

DMC4 - Nero - LDK 1
PNG Pack 32.48mb
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PH9QTZQU
Direct Screen Caps @ 1280x720
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30339537&postcount=578

First Name said:
Chamber's a champ? Champer! About how long does it take to upload these, gunbo? You seem to get them up fast.
It takes around 45 minutes a clip I would say not included the actually capturing. I have to index it, encode video, encode audio, and then mux it with the proper audio offset. That takes about 15 minutes. Then I need to upload it but I have a fast cable line on at my new apartment barely being shared. That takes about 30 minutes.

OK, I'm out of steam regarding DMC tonight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Thanks for the pics gunbo.

Trying to play DMC4 right now. Just found out it's indeed possible to die on Mission 1. :/

.la1n

Just because of the past couple post I am forced to replay DMC4 again, I don't care that DMC3 is still my favorite game, I had so much damn fun as Nero.

Buggy Loop

God i miss DMC3, royal guard was my favorite, nothing beats the badassery of it.

How is DMC3 SE on PC? Would it be slower than emulating it on PC?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Tried playing DMC3 today. Something about that game just doesn't click with me anymore. Ended up putting DMC4 back in.

Buggy Loop said:
God i miss DMC3, royal guard was my favorite, nothing beats the badassery of it.

How is DMC3 SE on PC? Would it be slower than emulating it on PC?

If you have a good PC you're better off emulating the game (except if you like mods).

PC port isn't good. Expect random framerate drops, and framerate locks in some random places. Some visual effects are lost including ones that affect gameplay like the Damned Pieces lighting up to warn you about their attack.

Jazzy Network said:
Air Hike.
Ehhh... yes and no. The additional chance for some i-frames is nice for someone who's new to the game, for sure, but I might go for Stinger Lv. 2 first. Just my personal taste. OR: save those Orbs for the Cerberus upgrades, all of which are awesome and will seriously help you kick the next truly difficult boss's ass.

gunbo13

Wolf Akela said:
If you have a good PC you're better off emulating the game (except if you like mods).

PC port isn't good. Expect random framerate drops, and framerate locks in some random places. Some visual effects are lost including ones that affect gameplay like the Damned Pieces lighting up to warn you about their attack.
I never got it to emulate correctly. I would always get something akin to screen corruption I guess. Like streaks of garbage lines randomly on the screen.

badcrumble said:
Ehhh... yes and no. The additional chance for some i-frames is nice for someone who's new to the game, for sure, but I might go for Stinger Lv. 2 first. Just my personal taste. OR: save those Orbs for the Cerberus upgrades, all of which are awesome and will seriously help you kick the next truly difficult boss's ass.
It kind of depends on the player. More risky movement will benefit from air hike for escaping. But you should also go your route for moves that enhance hit stun abilities. Somebody who does a lot of air hanging while attacking for example would probably want air hike. Otherwise, you are at huge risk of landing on attacks. Ground based players who aren't hangers should go for hit stun. A mix goes with a mix.

Air Hike has zero i-frames, but the distance it gives you is incredibly useful.

Personally, I'd get Stinger Lv2. Air Hike depends on which of the three weapons you'll use that supports it. Max Jet Stream when you get it, as well as Rising Dragon. Then just keep pumping yourself with Blue Orbs.

gunbo13

Wolf Akela said:
Air Hike has zero i-frames, but the distance it gives you is incredibly useful.

Personally, I'd get Stinger Lv2. Air Hike depends on which of the three weapons you'll use that supports it. Max Jet Stream when you get it, as well as Rising Dragon. Then just keep pumping yourself with Blue Orbs.
Yep. IMO air hike is best complimented with Nevan, which you get later in the game.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Looking at videos for LDK mode is really making me want to pick this up again, despite my gripes with the game. I'm not a fan of those type of battles, but running through that shit looks like it will make you feel mighty GDLK. o.o

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Resurrecting the thread because I just completed, 1000/1000'd, or "platinumed" DMC4. Yay!

The last achievement I needed was S ranking the Bloody Palace, and it was intimidating how long the whole thing would be in one sitting. Finally got it out of the way.

Now I reeeaaallly want an HD collection so I can complete those. C'mon, Capcom. Announce something that doesn't piss off your consumer base for once. For old time's sake.

gunbo13

GuardianE said:
Resurrecting the thread because I just completed, 1000/1000'd, or "platinumed" DMC4. Yay!

The last achievement I needed was S ranking the Bloody Palace, and it was intimidating how long the whole thing would be in one sitting. Finally got it out of the way.

Now I reeeaaallly want an HD collection so I can complete those. C'mon, Capcom. Announce something that doesn't piss off your consumer base for once. For old time's sake.
Congrats. I never had the fortitude to destroy any of the games like that. Those BP sessions last a long ass time for sure.

I'm still plugging away as well but am sort of in a weird transition to DMC4. IMO Nero is a dumb style character but awesome for actually playing the game. Dante is the opposite so I'm in a stall.

gunbo13

They'll probably announce a DMC puzzle game for iphone. And hire locals to come to our house to kick us in the balls.

We aren't getting remakes and we know it. *Sniffle* Sorry, I need a *sniffle* few minutes...

I still really, really hate the fact that Ninja Theory is making "DmC"(Such a cool abbreviation *rolls eyes*). I beat all the Devil May Cry's again this past weekend(yes even 2) and I can't help but be saddened at the thought that Capcom would not only change up the cheesy b-movie story that I like or the character designs that I'm fond of, but even the whole atmosphere, feel, style by giving it to another developer even.

I never thought such a reboot would come out for such a popular franchise so soon, I am still baffled at this.

I'll buy the collection most definitely, not buying DmC. Its cool since I know my brothers will buy it anyway so I'll get to try it out at least.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The ESRB has rated Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3 for the XBox360 and PS3. This is a good sign. A very very good sign.

EDIT: Wow, I am so so so late. Sorry!

ezekial45

Banned
GuardianE said:
The ESRB has rated Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3 for the XBox360 and PS3. This is a good sign. A very very good sign.

Yes sir, it is.

I do hope they try to 'update' the controls original game at least. It's nearly unplayable for me after going through the other games.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ezekial45 said:
Yes sir, it is.

I do hope they try to 'update' the controls original game at least. It's nearly unplayable for me after going through the other games.

I agree. It wasn't until this very thread, actually, that I knew the controls were changed for the North American version. Maybe they could just add two control schemes so that you can really fumble with the more awkward controls if it's to some peoples' liking. :p

Top Bottom