• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 scan: Dante Got something in the Box...

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
chuvt3.jpg

How 'bout a kiss?

Dark Slayer & Yamato, hell yeah!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tiduz said:
WHAT THE FUCK, DANTE USES A KATANA?

an inferior brother try to cobycat his superior and awesome brother , typical Dante

well Vergil used broadsword ( not his speciality )so why not Dante with katana , but he is not that awesome with the Yamato , i guess Vergil need to kick his ass for stealing his stuff ( the amulet and Yamato ) .

I'm not a giant fan of Dark Slayer since it always struck me as a poor man's Trickster (offset by having three awesome weapons and the phantom swords) but on the other hand it might mean Dante can triple jump which is just too awesome.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I missed that when I was looking at the pics earlier. Thats fucking awesome, that he gets to use darkslayer, and yamoto.

Give him a million orbs! :mad:

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tiduz said:
DMC5 better have Dante in it, if they kill him off Capcom will NOT be forgiven.

if i remember correctly with the first announcement of this kobayashi shocked the fans and said Dante is not playble , but by now there is more Dante gameplay and levels than Nero's , so you know ..

Tiduz said:
DMC5 better have Dante in it, if they kill him off Capcom will NOT be forgiven.
He's got to be in DMC2 way off in the future. They aren't ignoring it so much that they'd contradict its only necessary details which are that Dante is still alive and he still has the Rebellion. Plus he's the series mascot and they'd never kill him off.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
badcrumble said:
He's got to be in DMC2 way off in the future. They aren't ignoring it so much that they'd contradict its only necessary details which are that Dante is still alive and he still has the Rebellion.
Plus he's the series mascot and they'd never kill him off.

Exactly, so if hell freezes over and they do it, i will smite them.

Kyoufu

How did some of you get Dark Slayer from that scan? I don't see it.

Plus I thought there was only 4 styles: Swordmaster, Royal Guard, Gunslinger and Trickster. Each assigned to a direction on the d-pad. Where is Dark Slayer?

FFChris

Kyoufu said:

Plus I thought there was only 4 styles: Swordmaster, Royal Guard, Gunslinger and Trickster. Each assigned to a direction on the d-pad. Where is Dark Slayer?

It's in the picture on the first page.
Looks like when you have the Katana equipt you change to that style alone.

Kyoufu said:

It says "Dark Slayer" right over the health bar. As for how you equip Dark Slayer, I'd hazard a guess that it's automatically the style you're using if you have the Yamato equipped (unless they want to program a bunch of new Swordmaster moves for it). Hopefully it'll be possible to somehow do Vergil's weird little sword-spinning projectile blocker, and in DT mode I hope Million Orb is possible.

Kyoufu

FFChris said:
It's in the picture on the first page.
Looks like when you have the Katana equipt you change to that style alone.

Oh wow, I didn't see that picture before. FUCK YES!!!!!

jett said:
That colossus couldn't be more of a GOW2 ripoff even if they tried. Looks awesome though. :p

Mundus says go fuck yourself:

200px-Mundus.jpg

mundusfinal01.JPG

From Devil May Cry;
release date: Japan - August 2001

And from -all the fuckin shit- God of War ripped from DMC, i think it's okay for dmc4 to take a few things from them.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
C- Warrior said:
Mundus says go fuck yourself:

200px-Mundus.jpg

mundusfinal01.JPG

From Devil May Cry;
release date: Japan - August 2001

And from -all the fuckin shit- God of War ripped from DMC, i think it's okay for dmc4 to take a few things from them.

win

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I haven't been keeping up; has the Bumper/Trigger issue been addressed for the 360 version? I only have a 360 at the moment and those bumpers are evil for anything fast paced.

alr1ghtstart said:
I haven't been keeping up; has the Bumper/Trigger issue been addressed for the 360 version? I only have a 360 at the moment and those bumpers are evil for anything fast paced.

The controls in the retail build are customizable, so you can change the functions of bumpers to triggers or (anything for that matter) if you'd like.

Dahbomb

Ok wait... WHAT IS THIS SHIT? :lol

Dante has Yamato now? LULZ indeed.

228-142-l.jpg

And Dark Slayer style to boot? Though it's basically just Trickster so that doesn't matter. What matters is him using Yamato, HOLY CRAP! :lol

Oh and Pandorra's Box is godly! 5 weapon modes in one? Yes please!

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
How badass did Sparda make yamoto? Dante can do anything else with the other swords, but, once he gets yamoto it locks out the other styles, completely. lol.

Dahbomb

Nero using Yamato.... WTF is going on here guys? :lol

228-140-l.jpg

It seems there is a Nero vs Dante rematch later on in the game with both having their DT
(Nero having Vergil on his side this time)
. Epic battle CONFIRMED!

Dahbomb said:
Nero using Yamato.... WTF is going on here guys? :lol

228-140-l.jpg

It seems there is a Nero vs Dante rematch later on in the game with both having their DT
(Nero having Vergil on his side this time)
. Epic battle CONFIRMED!
I'm just hoping they'll both have it in replays and that it won't be a story-only item.

Mugen

Banned
Dahbomb said:
Ok wait... WHAT IS THIS SHIT? :lol

Dante has Yamato now? LULZ indeed.

And Dark Slayer style to boot? Though it's basically just Trickster so that doesn't matter. What matters is him using Yamato, HOLY CRAP! :lol

What tis so funny about Dante using Yamato.

Dahbomb

Mugen said:
What tis so funny about Dante using Yamato.
It's just unexpectedly badass. It's like "LOL Vergil let me show you how to use it".

All I know is that Vergil needs to open a can of WHOOP ASS when he FUCKING RETURNS! :lol It's bad enough Dante gave Trish the Sparda sword, now he's going around pretending to be Vergil? LULZ indeed. :lol

Dahbomb said:
It's just unexpectedly badass. It's like "LOL Vergil let me show you how to use it".

All I know is that Vergil needs to open a can of WHOOP ASS when he FUCKING RETURNS! :lol It's bad enough Dante gave Trish the Sparda sword, now he's going around pretending to be Vergil? LULZ indeed. :lol
Yeah, speaking of that, I really hope that Dante needs to bust out the Sparda sword yet again in this game. It's been too long since he got his fucking amazing DT in DMC1 (not talking so much about the silly shooter bit, but the incredible 20 foot thing it turned into when he DTed after that). Granted, there have been similar beats in the Onimusha games since then, but it'd be a lot of fun if we get to do that again.

Mefisutoferesu said:
I recall no such thing in Onimusha games...
I mean the general idea of powering up a whole lot so that the final boss has very different gameplay from the rest of it (happens in 2 and 3 and a little bit in 4).

Dahbomb

badcrumble said:
Yeah, speaking of that, I really hope that Dante needs to bust out the Sparda sword yet again in this game. It's been too long since he got his fucking amazing DT in DMC1 (not talking so much about the silly shooter bit, but the incredible 20 foot thing it turned into when he DTed after that). Granted, there have been similar beats in the Onimusha games since then, but it'd be a lot of fun if we get to do that again.
I don't want to spoil anything, but if my sources are correct then you will not be disappointed.

Dahbomb said:
I don't want to spoil anything, but if my sources are correct then you will not be disappointed.
oh my god i just pictured Dante using the Sparda to turn the size of the statue or something a la God of War 1

Dahbomb

badcrumble said:
oh my god i just pictured Dante using the Sparda to turn the size of the statue or something a la God of War 1
Using the Sparda doesn't actually change Dante's size, just it's own size. Don't expect Dante to be turning to the size of that Colossus in DMC4, that would be quite lame if that happens anyway.

NeonBlade

Banned
For a while I was 35% certain DMC4 would be garbage. After the gattling gun unveil and some of these bosses it has risen considerably. Still day 1 purchase, but........sigh.

Top Bottom