• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition Screenshots

I really want this but I don't want to go through the trouble of unlocking skills again. Any word if there's an option to include 'em all from the start?

KingJ2002

Nice screens... the game looks solid... but it's hard to get excited about this game. I have no interest in going through the motions of unlocking everything again... I can only hope this release is to herald the return of a proper Devil May Cry 5

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Can't wait to sink into this and try out Vergil and Lady. :D Importing the Japanese release since I think this deserves a physical version on my shelf.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I really want this but I don't want to go through the trouble of unlocking skills again. Any word if there's an option to include 'em all from the start?

They increased the red orb and proud orb droprate to help with that, but I don't think there's a way to just unlock everything right away (unless you mod it on PC).

Sephzilla

Yuck. Looks like a game from 2008

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

Zophar

Have they said anything if this is going to have system requirements above the original PC release? I'd love to get the PC version, and while my laptop can run the original release I'm uncertain if it'd be able to do this update.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Have they said anything if this is going to have system requirements above the original PC release? I'd love to get the PC version, and while my laptop can run the original release I'm uncertain if it'd be able to do this update.

They haven't other than the fact that they're using the PC version as a base for the console versions... I don't really think you have much to worry about. Even with the modest enhancements (like some motion blur), you'd probably be able to scale the game down to be able to play it.

Jawmuncher

Wish they were making the story mode better. Oh well with it being a digital release in the west and probably priced at less than 40, guess I can't be that picky.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm surprised they're using DMC3's Devil Trigger on Vergil. Didn't Dante get a new one in DMC4?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm surprised they're using DMC3's Devil Trigger on Vergil. Didn't Dante get a new one in DMC4?

It's DMC3 Vergil w/ Beowulf, ForceEdge, and Yamato. Technically the cutscenes take place pre-DMC3, but that's the incarnation added to the game.

How does Lady work considering she has no Devil Arms?

We just got some details from a preview:

LADY
-Has Pistols, Shotgun, Kalina Ann
-Only melee weapon is Kalina Ann
-Gunstinger follow-up is an auto recoil shot
-Double jump is a rocket jump
-DT is a room clearing grenade volley
-Exceed system based on a timer? Allow for different types of attacks with her guns. She charges quickly. Not sure how it's performed.
-R1+back+jump is a defensive jump back with grenade release

http://www.destructoid.com/devil-ma...er-the-top-in-all-the-right-ways-290497.phtml

She focuses on long range, and in-and-out maneuverability with a more fleshed out gunslinger variant. Kalina Ann grapple substitutes for Nero's Bringer.

The ones I'm interested the most in seeing gameplay is Lady and Trish. I already have a good idea on how Vergil will play, so I really want to see how the other two will be.

This game can't come soon enough (and neither can E3.... right, Capcom? RIGHT?)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is Aisa ver. available for pre-order yet?
EDIT: NVM it's up on P-A
http://www.play-asia.com/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-english-japanese-paOS-13-49-en-70-8qt1.html

iS THEre a cheaper alternative to it?

For the Asian version, I don't really think so.

For the Japanese version and the limited e-Capcom edition, yes.

How much is capcom charging for this in NA? Not really keen on spending $40 for a digital only game.

I doubt it'll be $40. NA received a hefty discount on REmake HD for being digital only, so I think they'll do the same here.

How much is capcom charging for this in NA? Not really keen on spending $40 for a digital only game.

I'm expecting 40, 30 if we're lucky.

I still think they should price it 20, so many people would get it, and it's a great price for a digital only remaster.

Anyways, day one on PC.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That grappling hook animation looks really slick.

It's interesting because it doesn't look like a straight pull, like with Nero's Devil Bringer. Maybe she can arc the pull, or use the enemy to hit other enemies. They could expand that to make her grapple a bit unique.

Or maybe the frame of animation is deceiving, and it still just pulls them towards her normally.

Jawmuncher

I'm expecting 40, 30 if we're lucky.

I still think they should price it 20, so many people would get it, and it's a great price for a digital only remaster.

Anyways, day one on PC.

If it's 40 I don't see why they would bother with Digital only. DmC was 40 and that game would be in a worst spot if you asked anyone compared to this. I easily see 20-30 for this. Japan always seems to have higher prices anyway. Though I guess it's better to have expectations for a higher price so if it happens, it's not as much of a blow.

BadWolf

If it's 40 I don't see why they would bother with Digital only. DmC was 40 and that game would be in a worst spot if you asked anyone compared to this. I easily see 20-30 for this. Japan always seems to have higher prices anyway. Though I guess it's better to have expectations for a higher price so if it happens, it's not as much of a blow.

The chances for a good price are decent going by how they priced digital REmake and PS4 USF4 in NA.

I expect a price lower than Japan's.

You know, I wasn't planning on buying this since I'm satisfied with my time on the PS3 version.

But then a thought occurred to me.

FUCKING SHARE BUTTON.

GONNA MAKE ALL THE VIDEO CLIPS!

Count me back in.

Concentration seems to build pretty fast, I wonder if that will scale with difficulty. Still crossing my fingers for a gmd difficulty.

I forgot how they priced RE, I'd say there's a good chance for 20-30 now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's DMC3 Vergil w/ Beowulf, ForceEdge, and Yamato. Technically the cutscenes take place pre-DMC3, but that's the incarnation added to the game.

So then why isn't there a DMC3 Devil Trigger version for Dante?

Thank god this game runs like butter on toasters, it needs some serious downsampling + AA.

I haven't played much of 4, though it's in my Steam account. I'll probably grab this anyway to support a proper DMC5 and Ninja Theory can work on their own IPs.

Top Bottom