• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry : Peak of Combat out now (Android/iOS)

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

This is out today on both Android and iOS.

Gonna download and post some impressions later 😉

EDIT : well, sheeiit, game's out on the 10th of January, not today, game preloaded on my tab and I thought it was out 😂
Not to worry, here's a video to make you all feel better :

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Peak of Combat...in Android / IOS?

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

proandrad

Finally get DMC 3 Dante… for iOS. We are forever cursed with having to deal with Nero in mainline dmc games.

Last edited:

decisions

Finally get DMC 3 Dante… for iOS. We are forever cursed with having to deal with Nero in mainline dmc games.

Nero could’ve been cool in DMC5 if they let you use arms as styles on the D-pad. The existing system is incredibly dumb.

I’m not really sure why DMC5 is so well-regarded. I’m glad we got it but, Dante’s levels are really the only good ones.

proandrad

Nero could’ve been cool in DMC5 if they let you use arms as styles on the D-pad. The existing system is incredibly dumb.

I’m not really sure why DMC5 is so well-regarded. I’m glad we got it but, Dante’s levels are really the only good ones.

It’s weird how the Capcom keeps trying to push the least popular of the 3 main characters. Some creative director at capcom must have a huge boner for Nero.

Nvzman

It’s weird how the Capcom keeps trying to push the least popular of the 3 main characters. Some creative director at capcom must have a huge boner for Nero.
Nero got his redemption arc in V. He can definitely hold his own now which was not the case with DMC4.

Nero is a call back to DMC 1 Dante IMO, a great mixture of seriousness and fun, which makes him a good protagonist figure. Ever since post-DMC 3, Dante just became old crazy uncle Dante more and more.

Every time I think there's an IP or genre not suited to mobile, someone makes a mobile game of it.
Yeah, me too. I'm pretty surprised to be honest. Seems like control would be a big issue. Tbh, the franchise hasn't been a thing I've thought about it a while. I picked up the latest DMC last year but didn't spend more than a few hours with it. The franchise just isn't for me I think. Last cag I enjoyed of any real accord would be Metal Gear Rising.

Well, I hope this is awesome for those that want it.

proandrad

Nero is a call back to DMC 1 Dante IMO, a great mixture of seriousness and fun, which makes him a good protagonist figure. Ever since post-DMC 3, Dante just became old crazy uncle Dante more and more.
Nero is just less fun to play for me because he has less of a weapon tool set and I really didn’t like the resource management they gave him with his arm. The game time you play as Nero feels too long and Dante tends to feel too short.

Nero is just less fun to play for me because he has less of a weapon tool set and I really didn’t like the resource management they gave him with his arm. The game time you play as Nero feels too long and Dante tends to feel too short.
That's even more of a reason why he feels like DMC 1 Dante, but I agree about him holding too much playtime compared to other characters. I think he's good as an introductory character for people just jumping into DMC at a later entry like 5. Dante is essentially like playing with an end-game RPG character at this point, so I think it would be too much for the average player for him to be first billing.

Top Bottom