• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devolver Digital E3 2019 | Viewing and Discussion Thread | June, 9 2019. 10 PM EST

Rran

What is this Tim and Eric Adult Swim nonsense? Ultra-weird, avant-garde humor has never really been my thing, and the funniest E3 moments to me are always the unintentional ones. Oh well.

Ivellios Ivellios CuNi CuNi jshackles jshackles Bullet Club Bullet Club

giphy.gif

Holy shit at that arcade cabinet!

The worst part about this conferece is that I have no idea if half of these things are real or fake.

theHFIC

this live read of the play version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is great. at this point i don’t know who is producing the stream but it is really bizarre and good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If that was the presentation, what the hell am I watching now on Devolver's Twitch channel that's breaking my brain?
If you're watching this sober, you're doing it wrong

Rodolink

Totally hilarious i loved it.
There was a first person retro stylish game very briefly shown during the girl flashbacks, which game is it?

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Just had time to watch the main Nintendo direct rip off. Holy shit this hits their target audience right between the eyes. Why did it take like 30 years of game marketing before we finally get to this perfect meld of insane / story / gameplay wizardry. That was entertaining as fuck.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hands down the best E3 2019 press conference so far after MS x Keanu. Entertaining and hilarious AF, like always.

Last edited:
I actually find myself wanting to see these more than the actual Sony and ms conferences

It's the story narrative. It's cliche as fuck, which is the point, but it just keeps going. I love it because it is a nice little decompression from the other more business driven conferences. These DD conferences are like really "zanny" Nintendo Directs. I found this one to be less meme-inducing than the last ones too., Also, really good way to actually show off some products as well. The Bootleg collection on Steam is clever marketing. The arcade cab is a neat and unexpected surprise. I love the idea that someone wants to bring light gun games back. I think they are getting better with these.

Is anyone checking out the Devolver "Pre Pre Show"?

It's still streaming live. This is like a fever dream version of the Nintendo Treehouse pre show. They do air real gameplay from games. But the talk show portion is almost classic Tom Green like stuff.

Top Bottom