• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Burnout Paradise Remastered: Switch vs PS4 Tested - The Full 60FPS Package?

Bullet Club

Banned

Developer Criterion's classic lands in an all-in-one package on Switch. Comparisons against PS4 show it in very good light despite a drop to 900p while docked - but are the tweaks enough to sustain 60fps performance?
- 720p handheld/900p docked
- 60fps with some occasional dips
- Some graphics cutbacks (lower res textures, lesser effects etc.) but closer to the PS4/X1 versions than the 360/PS3

I bought this the other day, to play in handheld mode.. It's great. Looks good, runs well. Price seems to be the main sticking point for most people but I got it for A$50 (US$34) from Amazon Australia which isn't that bad.

Naibel

Along with GRID Autosport, it's the best racing game on Switch. And it does look very good on Portable mode, making it one of the prettiest racers playable on the go yet.

But 50 bucks... for a 2008 game...

Come on...

Fuck you EA.

Andodalf

Banned
Always nice to see a switch port that runs well. It kinda sucks that it usually means the game was a 360 port

Banned
I'd prefer a remake of Underground.

Underground 2*

or a new Underground 3... and actually call it Underground 3, it's set only at night and is set in Japan! (Tokyo or Tokyo inspired city)
that would be fucking glorious if done well.

get Snoop Dogg to do rerecord that Riders on the Storm remix with some updated lyrics maybe and open up the trailer with that song.

I bet you the NfS franchise would get a second life with that shit!
but again, if done correctly! no fucking microtransactions, no dumb gimmicks... just a racing game with a focus on tuning and street racing at night.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds great, but yeah, I balked at that price. Probably would have got it at $29.99, but now I'll wait until it's on sale for $19.99.

Underground 2*

or a new Underground 3... and actually call it Underground 3, it's set only at night and is set in Japan! (Tokyo or Tokyo inspired city)
that would be fucking glorious if done well.

get Snoop Dogg to do rerecord that Riders on the Storm remix with some updated lyrics maybe and open up the trailer with that song.

but again, if done correctly! no fucking microtransactions, no dumb gimmicks... just a racing game with a focus on tuning and street racing at night.
Underground 2 is what I remember most, I believe. Screw it, remaster them both.

sn0man

i don't mind the price. is the game on the cart ?
As a collector, the PS4/xb1 disks were quite buggy at launch. So I’m quite curious as to this info as well. NGA does a decent job of covering this so hopefully he or someone will comment.

EctoPrime

I would of thought that 1080p was within reach of the systems gpu for this game considering a Maxwell class gpu the GTX 750 ti can run it at 4k60.

Soodanim

It’s a shame that won’t ever happen.

Relativ9

Love the game and could definitly see playing it with the switch undocked, but jeez that resolution is rough looking. Never thought I'd see such a major difference between 1080 and 900p, but fuuuck me those are a lot of jaggies.

Top Bottom