• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Demon's Souls Remake on PlayStation 5: The Digital Foundry Tech Review

jaysius

Banned
I always feel wary when they get EXCLUSIVES from the development team and then "critique" the tech.

"Sony has given Bluepoint the blessing to remake Demon's Souls"... sweet fuck the hyperbole is intense.

The old game still looks damn good, for a PS3 title, if only they had gotten the framerate right.

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
-impressed by the beauty and fluidity
-it's a perfect demonstration of what the hardware can deliver
-the core of the game is so good!
-Demon's Souls Remake may go down in history as one of the finest launch title in history
-this feels like an high end game, like it could have been released late in the the generation

Last edited:

Codes 208

Quote from video

"while this is a remake, rather than an entirely brand new game, I do think DS for PS5 may go down in history as one of the finest launch titles for any new console"
it was what sold me honestly. The moment the second presentation said it was a launch title (and clarified as a ps5 exclusive) I booked it for gamestop

I wonder why it slightly blips on teleportation? Loading maybe?

I believe games should aim for 60 fps rather than 30 fps mode. I see a lot of people prefer higher fps.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I always feel wary when they get EXCLUSIVES from the development team and then "critique" the tech.

"Sony has given Bluepoint the blessing to remake Demon's Souls"... sweet fuck the hyperbole is intense.

The old game still looks damn good, for a PS3 title, if only they had gotten the framerate right.
VkEX.gif

So will GAF eventually stop talking about the shit memes regarding DF being MS / Sony shill vane and start talking about the actual content of the video, or are we condemned to repeat the same shit in each thread? This is getting tiresome to be honest.

Great video. Great game. The graphics are fantastic and to me it's one of the best looking game I've seen. The fact that it's 60 fps too tremendously helps to the experience. Barely played the game (got to Nexus then stopped) as I am attempting to finish my replay of Dark Souls Remastered first (as well as my playthrough of AC Valhalla) but this is right next in my queue.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i really like how he is going over the changes to architecture and stuff. rad stuff.
oh yeah there is a danger they would be able to find out first hand how things are done instead of guessing. so dangerous.

do you think there is some conspiracy for them to lie about the graphics or something lol idgi why do you feel "wary" lof a dev interview? what a weird thing to be concerned about.
lol do you understand the meaning of the word "hyperbole"? a company saying "go ahead and make this game, we trust you" isn't a giant stretch.

every time these DF threads drive people insane for reasons i know not

Last edited:
So will GAF eventually stop talking about the shit memes regarding DF being MS / Sony shill vane and start talking about the actual content of the video, or are we condemned to repeat the same shit in each thread? This is getting tiresome to be honest.

Great video. Great game. The graphics are fantastic and to me it's one of the best looking game I've seen. The fact that it's 60 fps too tremendously helps to the experience. Barely played the game (got to Nexus then stopped) as I am attempting to finish my replay of Dark Souls Remastered first (as well as my playthrough of AC Valhalla) but this is right next in my queue.
Never. Most folks around here never even read the OP, let alone watch (or understand) the whole video.

DF provides quality content, fanboys will be fanboys anyway.

ToadMan

He didn't say that...

This was mentioned in the tech interview DF did with Bluepoint and Sony last week. They hadn't had support or assistance from FROM but had received the "blessing" of the game creator to produce the remake. I presume that's Miyazaki but they didn't specify.

Actually at the time that sounded a bit weird to me - like maybe Sony Japan and Bluepoint weren't really working closely with FROM these days. Just something about the way they said it.

Evilms

Banned
summary

• Visually beautiful.
  • Super fast loading time.
  • Excellent performance in both modes.
  • Tessellation and definition are the only two differences.
  • 4K/30fps locked.
  • 1440p/60fps solid (a few rare drops to 50fps).
  • First soul's without frame pacing.
  • One of the best launch games, if not the best.
  • BluePoint Games remains the king of remakes.

mechatak

Neo Member
I am awed at the sheer visuals of this game. But don't forget the audio too; it is stupendous in its own right. This is the most visually amazing game I've ever played.

vkbest

summary

• Visually beautiful.
  • Super fast loading time.
  • Excellent performance in both modes.
  • Tessellation and definition are the only two differences.
  • 4K/30fps locked.
  • 1440p/60fps solid (a few rare drops to 50fps).
  • First soul's without frame pacing.
  • One of the best launch games, if not the best.
  • BluePoint Games remains the king of remakes.

The original demons didn’t have bad framepacing

zcaa0g

Banned
I know game development is more than a year but I wonder how many games got set back due to the pandemic that may have otherwise been released this fall? No idea on that if any.

Azurro

Banned

They were talking about From, that From Software gave Sony the blessing to remake Demon's Souls. You are getting offended over something you misheard.

Last edited:

peetfeet

Another great video from the DF team, can’t get over how little difference there is between the two video modes despite the resolution differences.

FrankWza

They were talking about From, that From Software gave Sony the blessing to remake Demon's Souls. You are getting offended over something you misheard.

yeah. They were talking about FROM giving their blessing.

This is true John is in another level compared to his collegues in DF, the best by far.
100%
Quote from video

"while this is a remake, rather than an entirely brand new game, I do think DS for PS5 may go down in history as one of the finest launch titles for any new console"
it’s been said here. They made a great move making this a launch title.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks incredible. Hope I can get a PS5 within the next few months. Honestly kind of sucks being left out of the new console fun this time around.

Top Bottom