• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Star Wars Battlefront on PS4 shows huge promise - but needs work

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
TBH all cubemaps always look bad when you stop to look at them. That is just what they are.

They are supposed to be something that you fleetingly look at... not concentrate on.
Yes but they're worse than what you'd expect in WD at some points in the map.

Boke1879

That 7 minute Hoth gameplay demo looked amazing to me. Just give it time to polish up. I'll be happy with it.

Some of the posts in here are hilarious.

I don't understand why people are calling out DF on this. What's wrong in keeping tabs on work in progress? It keeps our expectations grounded and is a good way to see how much progress has been made between now and release. It's not like they passed a final verdict

There is nothing at all wrong with these articles. They are snapshots of games in progress and they are incredibly interesting to people who like the technical side of things.

Unfortunately these threads get filled up with posts from people who don't have the slightest understanding of the technology powering these games and have no real interest in learning about these things, yet have no issue complaining as if they actually did know what they were talking about.

I'll never understand the whining that happens when it comes to Digital Foundry stuff. I absolutely adore their articles and wish there were more sites doing this kind of thing. More technical interviews with the engineers and whatnot that work at these devs would be even better.

amnesia

"Exe has stopped working."

Que 2 hours of trawling forums to find dozens of "fixes" to try one by one.

Much fun.

Seriously, I've got a beast pc but for your average person they are a complete pain in the ass. I've literally lost count of the times I have found a free hour to game and spent that time fixing problems instead.

Oh please, I can't even remember when something like that happened.

Oh please, I can't even remember when something like that happened.

It has happened to me quite a bit.

Not all the time but when it does it is annoying as hell. PC is my primary platform now but this kind of thing is exactly why in the past it was a secondary one.

I will say though that so long as you know the ins and outs of your PC and have an understanding of the OS it runs then you can fix these things fairly easily most of the time.

Piggus

W5fXJ98.gif

Batman AK disagree's with your statement aswell.

lol, amazing gif.

One game doesn't suddenly suggest a trend though. Frostbyte was built around PC and even fairly weak cards can run BF4 at settings better than the PS4 version.

scitek

PC is the best place to play for 3rd party games (some ports are worst at launch) only if you have money and time/skills to build a high end PC, but for average person consoles are best place to play as its Plug n Play, Exclusives and affordable.

I don't think console gaming is really that much more "affordable" unless you wait to play your games. I'm using a CPU/motherboard I bought 3 years ago, and have only upgraded my graphics card once since (selling the last one for over half of what I paid for it to help buy the new one), and I can still play games like GTA V, if not at 60fps, then at much higher resolutions at 30fps with much higher settings. And I get copies of new games for way less than $60 quite often thanks to people selling Nvidia promo keys, etc.

Top Bottom