• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a super nooby question also but I only casually played D2 SP. What is a ladder? All I ever really see when looking it up is stuff about the ladder but not what it is...

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/faq/ladder.shtml
Not sure what you mean, you linked a page that explains pretty much all of it.

You have to create a NEW character to play in the ladder. The ladder is a group of players who play together separately from the rest of BNET and are subsequently ranked. The benefit is that if you create a ladder character at the beginning of the ladder than everyone you play with should be your level with the same goals... if you can keep up with the crowd you shouldn't have to worry about finding someone to play with who's at your level trying to level up. You also don't really have to worry about the millions of duped items floating around online. At the end of the ladder your character just joins the rest of the bnet players. There's technically the whole leaderboard aspect too, some players compete to be highly ranked or highest level as fast as possible.

So basically, it's a chance for everyone playing to start over together at a predetermined point. Makes things interesting while leveling up.

chris-013

I think it's since Hardcore mode where you can lose the pair of wing.

How many of you plan to do hardcore mode right out the gate?

I'm too afraid to get f... by Imperius or Tyrael :D
uRsLL.gif

TheExodu5

Banned
The ladder in D2 was basically a short-term patch for the massive duping problems in that game. It offers a relatively dupe-free realm for a few weeks before massively duped high runes ruin the economy.

It's a shame Blizzard basically encouraged duping by creating essential runewords like Enigma that required incredibly rare runes to make.

TheKurgan

No hardcore for me. It usually isn't something I touch until I have maxed out a couple of characters.

What I am really struggling with is which character to role first. I was pretty set on the Witch Doctor until I played the Demon Hunter the last night of the Beta. Once I had a decent one handed crossbow I was nearly unstoppable, very fun to play. I think I am going to just close my eyes and pick.

The 15th can’t come soon enough…

hitsugi

I'll probably do a basic play through of the game (all modes) to feel it out and see what changes through the various difficulties, then it's HC only from that point on.

Suairyu

Banned
I would much rather spend my time trying to get through Inferno and farming up gear than playing hardcore.
I reckon hardcore will be a fun way to add some spice to the game once you figure you're growing slightly tired of it. At least by that stage you should know the game inside out, making it slightly less daunting.

Deadly

Yeah I'll probably test run before trying hardcore. It'll also depend if my friends are cool with playing hardcore too.

Sothpaw

I reckon hardcore will be a fun way to add some spice to the game once you figure you're growing slightly tired of it. At least by that stage you should know the game inside out, making it slightly less daunting.

I should have quoted, but my response was directed at the conversation about who is going to play hardcore day 1. I might play hardcore someday, but not in the near future.

Cipherr

Cmon amazon wtf, Im bipolar as hell on the CE. Right now I wanna buy it but it isnt in stock. People are saying it comes in and out of stock, but Im not seeing it.

Edit: With as many times as the "HC unlocks at 10" news has been repeated, Im surprised everyone doesnt know it by now.

Cmon amazon wtf, Im bipolar as hell on the CE. Right now I wanna buy it but it isnt in stock. People are saying it comes in and out of stock, but Im not seeing it.

Edit: With as many times as the "HC unlocks at 10" news has been repeated, Im surprised everyone doesnt know it by now.

It's going in the OT.

2 weeks!

Too bad I can't change my CE shipment to release day :(

Going for hardcore mode from the start. Gonna be tough...

Why not? Did you order from somewhere not Amazon?

And I'm still secretly hoping that my CE comes a day early, even if I can't play until it unlocks. Just having all the goodies, and being able to play at midnight (well, 2AM) would be so much better than having to wait until anywhere between 10AM and 4PM the day of. Getting it early is not completely out of the question - at least once I've had a shipment from Amazon arrive in one day even when I had 2-day shipping.

winnarps

What do you think the chances are of going into a Super Walmart or Target at midnight and being able to pick up a CE copy (w/ no preorder)?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I was able to get a few hours taste on the open beta weekend and that was enough. Only gotta wait 13 days now after waiting 12 years.

Why not? Did you order from somewhere not Amazon?

And I'm still secretly hoping that my CE comes a day early, even if I can't play until it unlocks. Just having all the goodies, and being able to play at midnight (well, 2AM) would be so much better than having to wait until anywhere between 10AM and 4PM the day of. Getting it early is not completely out of the question - at least once I've had a shipment from Amazon arrive in one day even when I had 2-day shipping.

Nope it's from Amazon. I pre-ordered it the day it was announced, but I never got the option for release date shipment.

Svafnir

Diablo 3 beta ends.... and my Diablo 3 website is now complete! (Well atleast available to public) I had some neogaf users help test the website, like my graphs for auction house values etc. I never posted a link to the website (Just in PM's)

Is it against rules for me to post my website? I would love more community feedback/ideas for features.

Yeah, it wasn't added until later, and now they've sold out the "release date shipping" allotment.

Oh well, I've waited 12 years for it, I can wait a few more days...

I'm going with Demon Hunter this time. I've started with the barbarian the past games, but Demon Hunter was so great in the beta, I'm sticking with him for my first character.

Should have been here yesterday. They came back in stock which means people had the option to change their shipping speed to release date.

Damn! :S

I was able to get a few hours taste on the open beta weekend and that was enough. Only gotta wait 13 days now after waiting 12 years.

Yeah, I was in the beta since January and it just wasn't enough of the game to get me really addicted. It still flabbergasts me that there are people with hundreds of hours invested into playing such a small snippet of the full game.

Sothpaw

Yeah, I was in the beta since January and it just wasn't enough of the game to get me really addicted. It still flabbergasts me that there are people with hundreds of hours invested into playing such a small snippet of the full game.

Agreed. Got in beta in January, beat SK once per class then never touched the beta again.

TylerD

Agreed. Got in beta in January, beat SK once per class then never touched the beta again.

So, you played a different beta than the people that were playing through the updates.

I can say the reason I played so many hours is because the little slice of the full game was more fun and satisfying to play than 100% of many other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom