• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Beta [Beta withdrawal underway!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamuraiX- said:
Why are Taiwan and Tibet banned names? Am I missing something here? lol

Maybe only in China. For Western countries I don't know why they would be banned. I did notice that too and thought it was kind of weird. But since this appears to be leaked from a Chinese client...

bengraven

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Maybe only in China. For Western countries I don't know why they would be banned. I did notice that too and thought it was kind of weird. But since this appears to be leaked from a Chinese client...

Whaaaat? With all the censorship Blizzard faced in bringing WoW to China (due to the Forsaken/undead), why the hell would they even attempt to make a Chinese version of Diablo?

Music's not bad.

But Matt Uelmen is not involved and that pretty much rules it out as being as awesome as D1 and 2 soundtracks.

/edit: It seems a lot more ambient than the previous soundtracks. Uelmen managed to combine an active type of music with ambient tendencies. But yeah, this new stuff is definitely very moody and foreboding, so I'm happy I guess.

/edit2: Actually, this sounds a lot more like the ambient music in Fallout 1 and 2. Weird.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ferrio said:
Poor Blizzard games, always datamined into oblivion.

It doesn't really matter, and Blizzard knows it. This game will still sell a shti ton of copies. This is just free advertising for them.

mik83kuu

Banned
Ferrio said:
Poor Blizzard games, always datamined into oblivion.

Datamining doesn't hurt sales and not a single soul is stupid enough to steal those files/info and use it for a commercial product.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
cybercircuit1 said:
I'm not posting a link, but the beta client has been leaked.

hmm, would it even be possible to play it? Given it's bound to battlenet/account etc

Raide

Damn you bumpers!!!!!

I need me some D3. If the beta starts in late Sep, I might get a few days play. Else I will be away for 2 months and return just before it launches. :D

Akim

Banned
cybercircuit1 said:
Correct, impossible to play. Although this client is where the datamined info is coming from.

some people ended up making the starcraft 2 client playable...jus sayin

Akim said:
some people ended up making the starcraft 2 client playable...jus sayin
SC2 is a different beast, as it has a singleplayer non-server reliant component. D3 requires Blizz's servers to work properly. The most hackers could get out of it would be a sandbox.

TheExodu5

Banned
cybercircuit1 said:
SC2 is a different beast, as it has a singleplayer non-server reliant component. D3 requires Blizz's servers to work properly. The most hackers could get out of it would be a sandbox.
This would make me happy for the time being. I can do my thing where I test all the different settings, as well as SLI and CPU usage. Fun! Expect lots of boring screenshots with framerate counters if this comes to fruition!

Oh, and I can complain about mouse lag, of course. :)

F!ReW!Re

I'm pretty excited for a couple of games that are coming at the end of this year, especially Battlefield 3..

But when the big DIII hits; I'll drop everything I'm playing or doing in my free time just to lose myself (and probably get killed) in Sanctuary

551017.jpg

Patch notes are pretty funny =)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

AIRic

I was chosen for the WoW:Cataclysm beta, let's hope my luck continues with DIII beta! I really want to try this game!!!

bengraven said:
Whaaaat? With all the censorship Blizzard faced in bringing WoW to China (due to the Forsaken/undead), why the hell would they even attempt to make a Chinese version of Diablo?

Because it's a gigantic potential market, that in a couple of years can bring massive returns? D3 will require an Internet connection and Battle.net, so that eliminates piracy. Millions of players + cut on real money transactions = profit.

Corky

Oh god I can't take the wait anymore, just kill me already.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
Oh god I can't take the wait anymore, just kill me already.
Don't worry, you'll be dying by my hands in arena a lot of times :D

Ferrio

Banned
mik83kuu said:
Datamining doesn't hurt sales and not a single soul is stupid enough to steal those files/info and use it for a commercial product.

I'm not saying it hurts sales. Just takes a lot of the mystery outta the game. One of the many reasons WoW sucks today.

Alex

Hurr but the music will suck. :p

Russell Brower is really good and can cover a great many styles. I like Uelman a lot too, and I'm probably honestly a little more interested in Torchlight 2 currently but he's a little too atmospheric in a lot of spots for me outside of centerpieces like Tristram.

Corky

Yoshichan said:
Don't worry, you'll be dying by my hands in arena a lot of times :D

I've probably lost all my extremities to frostbite by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom